1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues/Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by mollygos, Dec 14, 2016.

1. mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

UPDATED UPDATE:

The Xbox One and PS4 patches are both live! Here are the changelogs:

Xbox One:

– Performance improvements for periodic hitching and freezes.
    – Fixed Junimo harvesters not path finding.
    – Fixed About button (?) to be unclickable during main menu transitions.
    – Fixed crash when sleeping if you built a Junimo Hut and the Witch visits you.
    – Fixed a crash when sleeping that would prevent a player from advancing past year 1, day 28.
    – Moved in some HUD elements that were too close to the edge of the screen.
    – The LT and RT buttons can now be used to switch buildings in carpenter menu.
    – The shipping menu can now be closed by pressing the VIEW button.
    – The B button can now be used to close Grandpa’s letter.
    – B button now goes back one page when you’re in a specific bundle of the Junimo menu.
    – B button now returns a held item to your inventory in Bundle menu in the Community Center.
    – Made harvesting easier by also checking beneath the player when pressing the A button.
    – Cursor position will no longer affect item placement if it is currently invisible.
    – We now show the ground placement indicator for seeds, like other objects.
    – Fixed incorrect tool hit location in some situations.
    – X button can now be held down to auto-repeat while in menus.
    – Cursor will no longer interact with HUD menus if it is currently invisible.
    – Fixed toolbar becoming stuck partially transparent.
    – The VIEW button can now be used to advance the “Level Up” dialog.
    – Fixed some cases of the game becoming stuck after using “Exit to Title”.

Playstation 4

– Fixed crash sleeping on 3rd or 4th day when playing with OS in non-English languages (German, Portuguese).
    – Fixed About button (?) to be unclickable during main menu transitions.
    – Fixed crash when sleeping if you built a Junimo Hut and the Witch visits you.
    – Fixed a crash when sleeping that would prevent a player from advancing past year 1, day 28.
    – Moved in some HUD elements that were too close to the edge of the screen.
    – The L2 and R2 buttons can now be used to switch buildings in carpenter menu.
    – The shipping menu can now be closed by pressing the TOUCH PAD button.
    – The CIRCLE button can now be used to close Grandpa’s letter.
    – CIRCLE button now goes back one page when you’re in a specific bundle of the Junimo menu.
    – CIRCLE button now returns a held item to your inventory in Bundle menu in the Community Center.
    – Made harvesting easier by also checking beneath the player when pressing the CROSS button.
    – Cursor position will no longer affect item placement if it is currently invisible.
    – We now show the ground placement indicator for seeds, like other objects.
    – Fixed incorrect tool hit location in some situations.
    – SQUARE button can now be held down to auto-repeat while in menus.
    – Cursor will no longer interact with HUD menus if it is currently invisible.
    – Fixed toolbar becoming stuck partially transparent.
    – The TOUCH PAD button can now be used to advance the “Level Up” dialog.
    – Fixed some cases of the game becoming stuck after using “Exit to Title”.

In summary, the major crashes have been fixed, performance on Xbox has been improved, the HUD elements that are cut off should be positioned correctly, and the controls have been improved a bit. There will also be more updates/patches in the future to improve these versions further.

Thanks for your patience! Have fun in the valley!

Hello everyone!

Stardew Valley is out today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
    We're aware that some players are experiencing issues and we're working to get a patch out ASAP. In the meantime, I wanted to address some common issues and potential workarounds.

Game is crashing on save
    Some players have reported this crash occurring when their console's language is set to something other than English - particularly on Spring Year 1 Day 3, but we've seen reports of this occurring on other days, too. Setting your console's language to English may be an effective temporary workaround.

We've had some reports of this occurring even when the console language is set to English. If you're experiencing this, we'd love it if you could send us some more details!
    • Did the game crash before, during, or after saving?
    • Does it crash if you load the file up and save again?
    • Did you put anything in the shipping bin that day?
    • Did you buy any buildings or house upgrades from Robin, or complete any bundles, or buy a Joja membership?
    • Did you experience any freezing/hitching during the in-game day before the crash?
    • Have you used the 'Exit to Title' option at any point?

Stamina/health bar is cut off
    Some players on older TVs are reporting that the game is cut off on the left and right sides of the screen, making it difficult or impossible to see the stamina or health bars. We're working on a fix, but in the meantime, you may be able to adjust the picture through your TV settings so that the health and stamina bars are not cut off.

Other common known issues
    • Sometimes music stops when players put items in the shipping bin
    • Heart icon is missing from in-game font
    • Some hitching/stuttering on Xbox One version
    If you are experiencing a crash on PS4, it would be very very useful if you could please copy your save onto a USB and email us your save files at contact@chucklefish.org. You can find instructions for copying PS4 saves onto a USB here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/data_system.html

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    • Timedye

Timedye Subatomic Cosmonaut

Issues I've seen, hoping you can look into them too:

-The music stops during regular in game operations quite often: while watering planets, while swinging the pick or the axe or the hoe, and so on.

-Sound effects randomly vanish, especially during fishing.

-Sound effect volumes go mad, some being incredibly quiet and some being incredibly loud. The music will also fade down so quiet that you have to turn the TV volume up by nearly three times the original volume to hear it. A reboot fixes it.

-Mouse cursor vanishes in the journal, requiring backing out and opening it again to actually be able to navigate. I've seen it in store menus, too.

-I'm playing on the PS4, and it suffers from random hitches/stutter on there, too.

-Character run animation becomes... robotic. What I mean is that he no longer moves in natural diagonals, he "snaps" into a straight run animation no matter how I tilt the stick. Leaving the screen seems to fix it until next time.

leonsv and Typhoon like this.
      • TheSlyMario2416

TheSlyMario2416 Void-Bound Voyager

I've also been having the screen cutoff issue, on PS4. My TV is quite old, December 2007. Luckily, my family has a big 55" smart TV in the living room so I was able to play. After about 6 hours of playtime, I've noticed most of the small issues mentioned by everyone else. I have noticed some slight stuttering and small hitches throughout play, though it's not too glaring and doesn't really affect gameplay. It's good to hear you guys are working on a patch to fix the smaller problems :D

• Kallra

Kallra Space Hobo

I'm playing on Xbox one. I had no issues when playing, but after I closed the game, without exiting to title. The save will not load.

• Animorpher

Animorpher Intergalactic Tourist

I bought and played the game on PS4 but then got an error message when my PS4 tried installing an update. The problem got fixed when i turned my PS4 on & off and after getting the newest update i played until Day 3 where i got stuck. I remember going around talking to people and doing some work on my farm,removing stuff when i picked up my first Wild Horseradish. But instead of putting it in my inventory wich had several open spaces my character carried it around and nothing i did made it dissapear until i put it in the shipping box. Also,if im not remembering wrong i think i saw the arrow on the game-screen when i was walking around for a few seconds right afterwards i had picked it up but then it dissapeared?
            When i went to bed to get to Day 4 i got the error message: (CE-34878-0) Stardew Valley. My language on PS4 was set to Norwegian and after trying to turn my PS4 on/off and re-starting the game 3 times i found this forum and tried switching my PS4 language to English (UK) and that worked. I managed to sleep/save and got Level 1 Foraging. Im also one of those with an older Tv and for me i cant se neither the health or stamina bars at all.

• Pixelpaj

Pixelpaj Space Hobo

Hi, I really enjoyed the game on PC so I bought it on PS4 as well. Still super awesome and I am looking forward to getting lost in this amazing game once more. I have had some problems though, and I think it might have to do with the game - for some reason when I stream it or try to have a party chat going the game freezes. Anything you or any body else have heard of? I am playing it on PS4 pro by the way.

Keep up the good work anyway!

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Regarding ConcernedApe's post here:

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-now-available-on-xbox-one-and-playstation-4/

Specifically this sentence:

"We will be rolling out some patches in the next few weeks to address some of these issues"

I appreciate that ConcernedApe isn't programming the console versions and that he is very hard at work continuing to develop the PC version of Stardew Valley, but Sickhead Games (the programmers of the console ports) really need to get out a patch in the next few DAYS to fix the game crash bugs. Some people are losing game progress due to the crashing bugs and various (related?) instances where the game won't reload. The bug involving part of the display being chopped off isn't as serious but it still prevents people from playing the game properly.

People having to wait weeks for such serious bugs to be fixed really is not good enough. Not only does it cause frustration and disappointment for your paying customers, but it also harms the reputation of this excellent game, the console version developers, the publishers and ConcernedApe himself.

ConcernedApe is brilliant and continues to release very rapid fixes for any serious bugs on the PC version (not that there have been any lately as he has stomped on them all), let's hope that Sickhead Games do the same and fix the worst bugs within a matter of days.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
                • mirai808

mirai808 Space Hobo

Is this game going to damage my monitor?
                  Xbox One S into a 4k monitor ... the game video signal cuts on/off... triggering the monitory to go into HDMI search mode once every 2 seconds.
                  This happens a lot directly infront of the house.. and during the summary screen at the end of each day and goes absolutely crazy during the forest dance section. The video cut in and out for the entire duration of the dance.

• Ringko

Ringko Space Hobo

German PS4 User here. Played till Day 5 or 6 (I even run around some time originally on those days) on Version 1.00, but trying to load the save after Patch 1.01 crashes the game every time. Changing the concole system language to english let's it load without a problem (but I don't really like to change the language every time just for Stardew, even while it's a fine gane ;))

And it's kinda weird how in Cutscenes the control of the mouse pointer switches from left stick (while text is shown) to the right stick (no textbox).

Typhoon and leonsv like this.
                    • InfamousSeven

InfamousSeven Space Hobo

You should also add a option not to use a cursor and navigate menus and things like that with a stick or the dpad cause the cursor seems a little wired to have on consoles

leonsv likes this.
                      • leonsv

leonsv Space Hobo

It´s crashes for me as well, Spring year 1 on day 3, tried multiple times and crashed everytime then.

And also I can confirm as well with those things "Timedye" has said, he explained in a such good way already, so I don´t think it´s necessary for me as well try to explain the issues to in detail then... So I really hoping you guys can fix all those things, crashes issue and that "Timedye" has said already also to then...
                        It´s quite soon Christmas and New Year, so I would really appreciate if it could be solved before then, at very least the crashes it have.
                        Btw I have the PS4 version of Stardew Valley.

• leonsv

leonsv Space Hobo

Yes that to, would be really nice, that "InfamousSeven" brought up, it feels a little clunky with use of a cursor on console,
                          it should also work with left/right stick and d-pad, to feel more smooth then.

• Tweekr

Tweekr Space Hobo

I'm playing on the Xbox one s and I'm experiencing occasional stuttering as I walk around. Also froze up for about 10 seconds when I was clearing some grass. Then it crashed when saving on spring year one day three. It crashed mid save so when I loaded it all of my progress was gone. I had shipped one item earlier in that day. And I'm using the English setting. I hadn't bought or built anything. I did use the Exit to title option when playing earlier in the day and it worked fine and loaded up fine later when I came back. Thanks for bringing it to console, I'm looking forward to a lot of gameplay once these problems are cleared up.

• Stupidbutnotsmart

Stupidbutnotsmart Space Hobo

Can't finish year one it freezes on saving tried everything game is unplayable I play Xbox one

• Ben1988

Ben1988 Intergalactic Tourist

I'm playing on ps4 after i patched to version 1.01 i couldn't save anymore the workaround for me was to change the system language from german to english after that theres no problems with the save anymore.
                                To the questions:
                                1. It used to crash when i go to bed to save
                                2. I could load the file but even after restart the console it crashed everytime (7trys) i would go to bed to save the game to the other
                                3. No i haven't done anything from the list
                                also i have a suggestion. I think it would be a good idea to remap the L2 and R2 keys to L1 and R1 i keep getting on them just a tiny bit and everytime i water the crops i must look for the water bin if it's in my hands right now. I've seen many on this forum having screen ratio problems ive got that to but if you change your tv from 16:9 to Automatic this should do the trick. It's done it for me ^^
                                sry for my bad english i'm from germany
                                Also i love your game keep up the good work and thank you for this awesome game :D

• ms_redacted

ms_redacted Space Hobo

Playing ps4 v 1.01 here are my noticed bugs/glitches

1) the introduction quest cannot be completed i have talked to every character needed and it still says 27/28 no one one has "???" Next to their name. ~best guess is that i spoke to penny at the wrong time i got the "I'm tutoring jas and vincent.." speech but no nice to meet you. Have tried speaking to EVERYONE since Tried giving EVERYONE gifts. Still 27/28

2) the music/sound will bug out while doing simple tasks. Music will stop if you go to fish or axe or hoe something.

3) there isnt a controll option. May not be a bug but never having played it on a controller trying to figure out the keys was difficult.

4) I would hear the rooster crow to signal a new day before my game saved
                                  Other than that my game is going great. Found dino egg day 3. Had decent luck and rain. No crash on save files.

• yunichi1981

yunichi1981 Space Hobo

Play Playstation4 germany
                                    Game crashes when go to bed 1st spring day3.
                                    Cant see a stamina/health bar.
                                    Wont change system language for a game i paid.
                                    Didnt bought anything else then some seeds.
                                    Didnt joined joja.
                                    No other problems,tbh its a great game.
                                    Still want a FAST patch or a refund!!
                                    ty

• callmesteam

callmesteam Space Hobo

On XBO, I have also had the music cutting out issue and I've had the cursor get lost in the level up screen.

• Kukrapuff

Kukrapuff Space Hobo

Hey,

I'm playing on ps4 and I noticed the side of the screen are cutted too! My tv isnt that old, maybe a 2012 at most but it's definitely not a high-end one (Haier) so that might explain it, I have yet to try it on my most recent (LG) tv.

Also noticed the music stops unexpectedly, but I'll have to play more to reach the spring day 3 glitch.

The game seems really nice, I'm enjoying it with my gf but without the stamina or health it might get annoying after a while!

Fingers crossed for a quick update ! Keep up the good work!

• Kallra

Kallra Space Hobo

So I discovered that it is best if you select the quit to title option to prevent save corruption.

tdegrushe, Jakemick13 and Typhoon like this.