1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunarpolitiks

Lunarpolitiks Void-Bound Voyager

Added more info to my first post :)

• jcontes

jcontes Space Hobo

So if our files are corrupted, just wait until February 1st and after the update the same saved files should be playable again?

• Statesidekilla

Statesidekilla Space Hobo

Where do I send info on my save file that will not load ? After I click on it it just returns to title load screen. Alot of time invested. Xbox one. Thank you for any help.

• BCKillerbee

BCKillerbee Poptop Tamer

This is great news, and perhaps I have missed it, but when is the next patch supposed to be for console? I have an X1 and am experiencing many glitches/bugs...it would be nice to have this fixed sooner rather than later so I can fully enjoy the game.

• Shortbubble

Shortbubble Master Chief

Evelyn cookie recipie ever going to be fixed on xbox one?

jmig likes this.
            • McPoo

McPoo Orbital Explorer

Is it still looking like the patch will be out tomorrow? I'm looking forward to getting back into my save!

jcontes likes this.
              • mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Hey everyone!

A new Stardew Valley patch is live on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! If the game has not updated for you yet, keep in mind that updates roll out gradually and may take a couple of hours to reach you.

Thanks again to everyone who helpfully provided us with their save files and helped us kill a real bad bug. Patch notes are below!

• Winterbreakisruined

Winterbreakisruined Tentacle Wrangler

Holy Moly, a day early! Working for 7 more hours.
                  Everyone playtest this patch for me and report back asap ;)

Trev9316 likes this.
                  • Chazprime

Chazprime Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for getting this out, wasn't expecting it so early!

Trev9316 likes this.
                    • ravyn4077

ravyn4077 Master Chief

<3s Yay! Thank you for this! The wait (and lurking in forum for updates) has been worth it!

Trev9316 likes this.
                      • McPoo

McPoo Orbital Explorer

No update for me yet >_< Can't wait though, and I was expecting it tomorrow so if it's out tonight then that's just a nice bonus.

• KittyBee52

KittyBee52 Poptop Tamer

I've updated my game and...my old save has loaded! So far, so good.

Edited to add: Too excited, forgot to say thank you! :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
                          • Enansal

Enansal Seal Broken

I've updated mine and unfortunately ran into a bug that never existed for me before. <: ( Basically, I can't really do anything with the Community Center or the game will crash. I tried checking my bundles from the menu and when I clicked on the tree icon my game froze and then crashed. After reloading the game I tested it again right away with the same results. Figuring I would just old-school it, I headed to the Community Center, prepared to look at my remaining bundles there and write down what items I still needed on paper. Well, when I selected the Fish Tank the game did the same freeze-crash two-step it had done previously. I have yet to test it again, but it seems to me like the crashes are connected and the Community Center is a no-go for me. So bummed. T___T I know the patch just came out hours ago, but I hope this is something that can be fixed soon, too. >^< Thanks for getting that patch out so quickly, by the way! Even if my game is still sorta unplayable because of it at the moment... I'm glad I can at least load my file now. <: )

MitchellH115 and Ibarker3 like this.
                            • Winterbreakisruined

Was your save previously unloadable before the patch?
                              Is anyone else having issues with the community center?

I'm getting that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach....

Honestly, if this patch breaks the community center, or causes more bugs, I dont know if I can wait another month for another one that will surely break even more stuff...

MitchellH115 likes this.
                              • KittyBee52

KittyBee52 Poptop Tamer

I have visited the Community Centre and had no problems. I only looked at one of the bundles though.

• Enansal

Enansal Seal Broken

Yeah, it was one of the ones that had the Loading issue. I tried a couple more things, and it seems like maybe only the Fish Tank bundles are bugged? I only have the Fish Tank and Bulletin Board bundles left to complete and I found out that I could look at the Bulletin Board bundles without issue. I thought maybe the issue had resolved itself, but when I went to the Fish Tank the game froze and crashed again. Before the patch I didn't have any issues with the Community Center. There were...two or three instances where my game randomly crashed, but I'm pretty sure they were just random. One was at night -just- before the game saved, one was...randomly during the morning, I think? There may have been another time, but I've never been able to replicate crashes like this. >^< I don't want anyone else to run into the issue, but it would be nice to know if others are experienceing this, too. <: o

Did you check the Fish Tank? Or do you already have that one completed? <: )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2017
                                  • KittyBee52

KittyBee52 Poptop Tamer

I already have that one completed.

Enansal likes this.
                                    • Winterbreakisruined

Maybe your fish tank was what glitched in the place, causing your save to stop loading.
                                      One day, you saved your game, and the bug occurred, messing up your community center, and causing your save to have the loading issue.

Now the patch allows your save to load, but your fish tank is permanently glitched like mentioned here:

"We think that this bug is also responsible for:
                                      • Crashes when speaking to Gunther
                                      • Glitched objects, invisible objects
                                      • Crashes when harvesting certain crops
                                      • Crashes when visiting specific areas of the farm
                                      • ... and probably several other weird, XB1-specific bugs"

They mentioned in patch notes: "Saves that became corrupted may continue to behave oddly in some cases (Refer to the list in Xbox One patch notes about issues that might persist)."

We need more people to check their fish tank.

Enansal likes this.
                                      • Trev9316

Trev9316 Tentacle Wrangler

Today is such a great day! Been waiting a long time to play some stardew. Updating now.

As soon as I can I'll report back if its all good

Update: everything seems to be good now. Thanks everyone that worked on it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
                                          JephistheMAN likes this.
                                        • KittyBee52

KittyBee52 Poptop Tamer

I got to the end of the day and got to Level 10 Farming where I had to choose a path. I had no cursor, could hear the fire crackling and there were on screen animations (the 'sparkles'). I wasn't able to choose for a while, and I thought it had crashed. However, I was eventually able to move from that screen by pressing Y. When I got to the morning, I checked my skills and fortunately I was in the path I wanted. Obviously I don't know if this is a new bug from the patch or an existing one, as I've never got to Level 10 Farming before.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.