1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I can only imagine that he is furious and extremely stressed about it all as the name of his beautifully crafted game is being tarnished, the "problem" is that he seems such a nice, laid back guy that I can't imagine him breathing down the necks of Chucklefish and Sickhead Games and yelling at them to fix the bugs RIGHT NOW!

It's worth remembering that Sickhead Games actually did the bulk of the work porting SDV to the PS4 and Xbox (and, woe is us, are apparently also carrying out the port to the Nintendo Switch ...). It was Chucklefish (and maybe also ConcernedApe?) who selected Sickhead Games to carry out this job.

It's also worth remembering that Chucklefish got an awful lot of hate and flack over Starbound in the early days due to it not meeting people's expectations. Just throwing that out there for consideration as they are going to have to work extremely hard to restore their reputation among console owners.

I'd also like to know why the gaming press aren't reporting on these buggy console ports. I haven't heard a peep from them on the matter.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
      Albynoman likes this.
    • graf1k

graf1k Poptop Tamer

Game just crashed on me while saving again (PS4 Pro). CE-34878-0 error code. I noticed that everytime it crashes, rather than just go to sleep like normal, it seems to start to play the sound file for lighting a furnace, even though I have zero furnaces active at the time (or even in the house).

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Are you still able to load the save file?

• squeakyferret

squeakyferret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another crash on XBox:

SqeakyMonkey555
          10:35 AM PST Jan 1
          Crashed on saving, after the totals screen and before the green "Your progress has been saved" text appears.

Had to repeat the day, but the game save does still load. This is I think the third or fourth similar crash in this particular game save. So far, (fingers crossed), it always has loaded up again. Unlike the previous two saves that got corrupted.

Albynoman likes this.
          • graf1k

graf1k Poptop Tamer

I just loaded it back up and yes, the save still works, I've just lost the whole day since my last save. In this case it was going to be Summer 28 Year 3 once it saved but instead I'm back to the morning of Summer 27 Year 3 instead.

Typhoon likes this.
            • mRichard629

mRichard629 Void-Bound Voyager

I created another post, but I'll add to this one as well. I last played the game on December 29 I was headed into year 5 decided to save on 28 Winter Year 4 and go to sleep, i quit using the exit game command on the right of the menu section then shut down. The following day when i tried to play again, it started kicking me back to the chucklefish logo and wouldn't load the save. I had another game going from the last crash issue, (couldn't end year 1) so i tested it, and it loaded fine. so i know its not my xbox save, which i deleted locally on both of my xboxes and let them re-sync.

• Finntheserbian

Finntheserbian Space Hobo

I'm not positive on this, but I have decent evidence that my game is crashing when a blue chick is born. Either that or I'm just that unlucky.

I'm playing on PS4. On a few occasions, my game will crash when I walk into my coop on the morning of a hatch. The black screen will pop up with the white text indicating that there's been a hatch and my game crashes immediately afterwards. This happened a few times after I walked into my barn after buying a new chicken as well. I then reload and try again and it doesn't crash, but the chick is either yellow or brown. I still have yet to get my first blue chick after 15 incubator attempts and an unknown number of purchase attempts. Shane is at 8 hearts and I have seen the 8 heart event where he introduces you to the blue chick. This was in year 2. Deluxe Coop.

• Generation X-Wing

Generation X-Wing Void-Bound Voyager

Another post about saving issues.

I play on my XB1 as the main account and my girlfriend logs into her account to play the game as well. I haven't had issues yet, but she made it to Summer of Year 1 and suddenly her save stopped working - this was about 3-4 days ago. I did some reading, saw the issue and she decided to restart in the meantime and things seemed to be going well - however two times today she went about her day and then went to save (this is after doing one day previously) and the XB1 started making the telltale lock up noise and crashed mid-save. It didn't seem to mess anything up BUT she did lose progress from the day she had just played which, in the early going, is quite the pain in the ass.

Trev9316 and Albynoman like this.
                  • Albynoman

Albynoman Poptop Tamer

Okay it's January, and you said January, so where's the freaking update? Or are you just throwing out a deliberately vague placeholder and abusing the faith us customers are placing in you to take care of this?

hkfrith likes this.
                    • shadowsynthetic

shadowsynthetic Aquatic Astronaut

lets just start this by saying I really love this game. It pains me to find out that this glitch,bug, or issue has occurred. When playing stardew valley I had to move my Xbox between rooms. I exited to the title. Once it was fully exited I turned off the console then unplugged it and moved it to the other room. When I finally got set up again I tried to load up my save and it would only take me back to the home screen. I am on 9th of summer year 2. 40:00. I have quite a lot of progress in this game so I really hope that this can be fixed. December 30, 2016. Around 5:00 pm. Central time zone.

Trev9316, Typhoon and Albynoman like this.
                      • Tamayo

Tamayo Seal Broken

I don't know the relevance but prior to this glitch I always played through the whole day, allowed the game to save, and exited through the dashboard. The last thing I did before this happened was exit the game through the in-game menu.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Happy new year, we're still gathering details and developing fixes. Thanks for all the reports. I want to assure everyone that at no point are we ignoring reports or issues just because we aren't posting progress updates every day, and I'm sorry if there are players who feel like that has been the case. Every report is being reviewed, and we've been working hard over the holiday to organize these issues and reproduce/fix these outstanding bugs.

I wanted to update where a couple of major issues stand right now (I'll be sure to update these details in the main post too). -

1. Xbox Saves not loading - We actually think these reports may be two different bugs which look similar, one is crashing when loading save games, the other is returning to title when loading a save game. Both are only happening for Xbox players, and unfortunately we can't collect players save files - we're trying to reproduce this ourselves and have so far been unable to. We know it's not happening for all players (as we've been trying to reproduce it unsuccessfully on a number of different machines), which unfortunately makes it even harder to replicate. Additionally, because the game is returning to title, not 'crashing' it looks like it's not producing a dump - so unfortunately we don't have a crash log to reference for these. We're still working trying to reproduce it (even over NYE weekend), and we absolutely understand how frustrating it is for players who suddenly can't play - this is the most critical bug we're working on. As @tccoxon posted earlier in this thread - we're not confident these saves are corrupted, so don't delete them. It's very possible there's a loading issue causing them to fail to start. Both these crashes are still under investigation, so please continue to post details if you see them - any information could prove helpful.

2. PS4 Pro Rest Issues - We still haven't been able to reproduce this on multiple PS4 Pro test machines. We've been investigating the reports of this issue, and even asked Sony to help us look into it, but unfortunately don't have any more details we've found. Please keep reporting incidents of this too.

3. Mines missing rewards for second save - This one we think is caused by using 'Exit to Title', then starting a new game. In our findings starting a new game after using 'Exit to Title' can carry over the previous saves rewards in the mines, but starting a new game after booting up from scratch will not. For now we'd advise players to avoid using 'Exit to Title' before starting a new game, and instead start after booting the game from scratch. It's possible that there are other bugs which could carry over, not just the mines for these saves. We're still testing to understand exactly what's happening, as soon as we know more details we'll update here.

3. Crash while saving (end of day) -
                          Players have reported this on both Xbox and PS4. Sometimes after shipping items, or when running in the background on their Xbox. We've got a fix developed that we think resolves this, and it's currently being tested.

4. There's a few other new issues which we've logged this week from reports;
                          • Geode duplicate rewards - Sometimes geodes produce the same mineral reward many times in a row (Investigating)
                          • Quests sometimes ask players to perform 0 actions with 0g reward (Investigating)
                          • Museum bottom row overlap issues with inventory window (Reproduced)
                          • Child aging issue (Need more details)
                          • Crashes when purchasing/hatching a blue chicken (Have logs for this, investigating)

In case it was missed, the patch to address these issues is actively being worked on, and we'll be sure to provide a detailed changelog when development work is done on it. Thanks again for the patience and for being so helpful in documenting these bugs everyone! We'll update when we have more information on fixes/causes for any of these.

• Winterbreakisruined

Winterbreakisruined Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you for the update on a Sunday evening, but this is such disappointing news. It really hurts to read.

Xbox saves are uploaded to CLOUD, and we can't back them up.
                            What if someone with an affected save gives you their login/password for Xbox in a private message. Then you could log in as them on any xbox and just download the affected save yourself. It'd be almost as if someone backed it up and sent it to you.

I'd gladly provide my username/password so you can download my save, but I stopped playing a week ago before getting the bug to be safe.

• Albynoman

Albynoman Poptop Tamer

I agree, Winterbreakisruined, this was very painful to read.

I'm guessing Chucklefish can't actually promise a January update fixing the save/load issue if they haven't even figured it out yet despite how pervasive it's been

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks very much for the updates Katzeus, it's very disappointing to hear that you're not able to reproduce the Xbox "saves not loading" bugs. Out of interest, if you had access to an Xbox One with the problem would that help you to fix it? If so, maybe you could approach somebody relatively local to you in order to borrow their Xbox from them to look into the issue and fully diagnose it? Naturally you would pay the person's shipping cost each way, maybe give them something as a reward for borrowing their Xbox. You could in fact even loan them another Xbox while you borrowed theirs.

If this sounds like a good idea then to find somebody relatvely close to you could post here to see if anyone would be prepared to loan you their Xbox with save / load issues?

Edit: I see you are based in London, UK - that makes things easier for those in UK as it won't be a problem shipping within the UK.

Adittionally, why not patch the game so that people can backup their saved games in-game? At least that way they would have a backup to load from if another fails to load while you fix the bug. This would also seem useful as a permament feature for all platforms if somebody ever experiences a corrupted save for some non-game reason.

• Ganluan

Ganluan Hey, You!

I agree with the posters above, how can we help track down this save loading issue? Can you get them if you had the credentials for them?

Alternatively, can a quick update be made to start pulling dumps for these by treating them as a crash?

Typhoon likes this.
                                  • pakkunlizardx

pakkunlizardx Poptop Tamer

I absolutely love this idea. I doubt the Devs are in Minnesota but in the off chance they are, I'll lend my box for the cause.

Typhoon likes this.
                                    • pakkunlizardx

pakkunlizardx Poptop Tamer

Actually... if the files on the Cloud are "unload-able". You would just need access to an account and just get their save off the Cloud?

Typhoon likes this.
                                      • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I've just checked and Chucklefish are based in London, UK.

pakkunlizardx likes this.
                                        • Toysteamshovel

Toysteamshovel Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you for the update, even though it's slightly dissapointing. I would also happily give my login information to my gamer tag if it would help make this any easier. Staying hopeful that my save can be restored.

Em123 and Albynoman like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.