1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frozxnn

frozxnn Seal Broken

Xbox one. 10 AM GMT 26th Dec.
    I'm trying to load up my save and it returns me to the title/loading screen. It shows the loading menu telling me the controls for the game, and then jumps me to the screen that says published by chucklefish. The game will then load up as if I'd just started the game. Yesterday I created a new save and got about 6 days in to the first season, this save will still load. I really don't want to have to start all over again and I hope my save can be brought back to life :(. Please let me know if this save is gone forever or if it can be brought back.

Edit: Time zone error

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    • Mikek

Mikek Tentacle Wrangler

Guys, just don't play this (yet). It is real nonsense to invest 100 hours of your time into something so buggy only to lose all your progress after that. Game will be great... one day after multiple patches... but in current state it is not playable by anyone who values his time at least a little. I still cannot understand how a game that requires hundreds of hours of playtime does not even have a backup save or actually many of them. Game like this should keep your progress for several days back so you can go back anytime if something screws up (like it does all the time in current version). Even the games which do not have any bugs have this, just to be sure.

• Chrisy

Chrisy Tentacle Wrangler

What further information do you need about the PS4 Pro locking up when trying to go into rest mode or trying to play a different game after playing Stardew Valley?
        I refuse to play until it fixed since it happened every time and I would rather not feel nervous while trying to play a game I got to relax with.
        I really hope this is fixed soon (along with any other game breaking bugs)

Matiasmeb and Typhoon like this.
        • IH8YH

IH8YH Seal Broken

If I was Sony, i'd pull the game from the PSN Store until that PS4Pro CrashBug is fixed as it can potentially DAMAGE the console!

Ncamerong likes this.
          • Stardew_Guest

Stardew_Guest Intergalactic Tourist

I have the same issue.

It remains in place during season changes. Plants will still grow when planted on the tile, the ground can still be watered and the plants can be harvested like normal. The only issue is that I can't walk there which is tricky when walking across my land. It just happened when placing fertilizer like I always do.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

This thread has some info on how to dispose of the bugged fertilizer:

http://community.playstarbound.com/...tilizer-box-on-ground-x2.128006/#post-3078780

• Jscherfjr

Jscherfjr Intergalactic Tourist

This happened about 10:00pm EST on Dec 25. I went down to level 5 in the mines through just taking the ladders. I got in the elevator to go back up to exit the mine and I had the option to go to level 70 even though I had not gone past the first 5 levels.

So I tried it and I can go to all those levels, but there's no treasure at all.

As well, I second the ferrilizer glitch. I've planted three fertilizer boxes in my crops.

• Goblobsters

Goblobsters Hey, You!

Any updates on the status of a patch to fix patches and save corruption? Or maybe an issuance of refunds for everyone?

• Rad Mutant

Rad Mutant Poptop Tamer

I'm having a bug where my game just goes back to the start up screen when I try to load my save, this is happening on the day of my marriage, with Leah, I don't know if that has anything to do with it, I just know that my game won't load on that specific day, which is Year 2 Spring 10, with 41 hours into it and irl on December 26th

Pls help, I don't want to restart, I'm only 2 bundles away from completing the community center

Albynoman likes this.
                    • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Worth quoting to try and get Chucklefish's attention.

I realise it's Christmas and Chucklefish staff, ConcernedApe, etc are entitled to a break. But honestly, how many minutes would it take them to post here to give people a simple update? They need to remember that people are trying to play and enjoy the game that was purchased - console customers didn't realise that the game had some major bugs, if they had they possibly wouldn't have bought it.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

We aim to make a patch available in January that will solve the most serious issues people have reported.

A couple of points:

I'd like to reiterate the need for more information on the issue with the game crashing while loading save files. We haven't been able to reproduce this issue ourselves, so we're relying on information you are providing to track down the issue. Here are a few specific things I'd like to ask (but please include any other information you think may be relevant):
                        • At what IRL time (and timezone!) did your crash occur? This will help us recover a crash dump if one was recorded.
                        • Has anyone encountered this on PS4? This question is important for two reasons: (a) I've so far only seen this reported on XB1 in this thread, so it seems like a pattern, which will help us figure out why this is happening. (b) PS4 users can transfer their save files to USB disk. If you could do that, and send your save files to us, that would allow us to reproduce and fix the issue very quickly.
                        We've reported the issues affecting PS4 Pro rest & shutdown to Sony. So far, we haven't been able to reproduce this. It doesn't seem to affect all PS4 Pro consoles, and it doesn't seem to be specifically stardew valley that triggers it (I've seen reports on the internet of this happening with other games too). I can see why it would be worrying to people experiencing it though. Can someone who can reproduce this issue answer these questions for me:
                        • Does it consistently occur after a hard reset of your PS4 Pro? Shut it down, unplug it from the wall for 5 minutes, then plug it back in and start it back up.
                        • Does it continue after uninstalling stardew valley?
                        • Is your PS4 Pro fully updated?
                        • Are there any power settings you can adjust and see whether certain combinations allow it to rest / restart properly? (Sorry, I'm not personally familiar with PS4 Pro systems.)

• metroclone

metroclone Void-Bound Voyager

PS4 - Started playing on 12/23, and noticed last night that Crashes on 3rd or 4th day of Summer

Retraced my steps and identified the cause as one of two things-
                          1.) Collected previously unclaimed Spring Foraging Reward
                          2.) Submit items for Summer Foraging Reward
                          3.) Collect Summer Foraging Reward

The crash occurs in the save step after sleeping.

• Mikek

Mikek Tentacle Wrangler

You can ask Sony (or Microsoft) for refund anytime. I believe in current state of game you have high chance to succeed. But I am not sure what would be the point of that. Most of us do not want our money back, what we want is to play the game without any bugs.

hkfrith likes this.
                            • Kaykiie

Kaykiie Space Hobo

Not sure if posted already but Xbox One job posting bug from the wizard. Kill 0 in the mines for 0g reward.

Albynoman likes this.
                              • Toysteamshovel

Toysteamshovel Tentacle Wrangler

My file won't load on my Xbox one. It takes me directly to the screen with the controller then back to the concerned ape logo. I was on fall 7 year 1. Last time I played I exited to title screen the same way I always do. I logged on this morning and it wouldn't play 12.26.16.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Have you tried closing the application, not from the Exit to Title button, but from the Xbox One Home screen? If so, does that allow your save file to be loaded when you start the game back up again?

Xbox Home > Hover over Stardew Valley tile > Menu/Start button > Close Application

Xxlifehunterxx and SharkHoarder like this.
                                  • Toysteamshovel

Toysteamshovel Tentacle Wrangler

Does anyone actually think a fix could restore use of a file that won't load? Should I just start over and hope it doesn't happen again? Loosing 28 hours of my time played is pretty upsetting, I'd hate to repeat it.

• Rei Kisagi

Rei Kisagi Void-Bound Voyager

Platform: PS4

Game crashes when accepting name of newly hatched chicken in the Big Coop. It doesn't matter if randomly generated name or typed name, the game keeps crashing. Rendering me unable to enter the Big Coop. (Everything else runs normal aside from the odd sound bug)

• Goonyan

Goonyan Poptop Tamer

• XBOX ONE !
                                        • Game crashes while loading my Savegame. 36 Hours of playtime. No matter how, but fix this. I dont want to lose my progress. Please do something !!!!!

Attached Files:

• RoAwakening

RoAwakening Lucky Number 13

Platform: Xbox One.
                                          I encountered the "bug" the first time on December 23, at 3:59 PM CST. The day before I was playing, and I was in the middle of the Egg Festival (Year Three) and I dashboarded mid-loading sequence, and quit the game. And then fell asleep around 3AM (The day I encountered the bug) When I woke up, I started up the game and tried to load my save. It would load for a split second and like "give up" and send me back to the main title screen. I tweeted at @Stardew_Help and told him the problem I was having. (I had tried everything from, resetting the Xbox to trying a new save and then loading the other, to deleting the save and then retrieving it from the cloud) Nothing seemed to work.
                                          Maybe, dashboarding during events or loading screens, or saving sequences glitch out the coding or something.
                                          Anyway, hope you guys gather at least something from my description. Happy Holidays!! (You can find me on twitter)

tccoxon likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.