1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

[PS4] Bug: Indestructible Fertilizer Box on Ground (x2)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mekroig, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Mekroig

Mekroig Space Hobo

Ran into an annoying bug last night and was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to fix it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UmwBf

Somehow I planted the fertilizer boxes instead of the fertilizer itself.

I was doing last minute farming and was placing fertilizer by walking and spamming the "place" button (square). I was pressing the button quite quickly so I didn't have to backtrack and the first time it caught me off guard when the box appeared. The second time I did it half-intentionally and a bit slower pressing.

I've tried to get rid of the box by chopping, mining, hoeing, milking, fishing, placing, interacting, swording, and scything. Nothing works.

Save and reload did nothing. Sleeping till the next day did nothing.

Known issue? Fix?

• Kenco

Kenco Big Damn Hero

Just wanted to add that I've hit the same issue as well (also on PS4). I was planting fertilizer with square, and after placing ~5 tiles correctly, the 6th was placed as a bag - although I think that I also fertilized the ground under it with the next click.

Hopefully this can be resolved soon. I'm loving the game, but the amount of issues on PS4 is getting a bit annoying.

• abl540

abl540 Space Hobo

I'm loving the game as well. I've also run into this issue on PS4. Hoping once I get to winter they'll go away.

• Traveilan

Traveilan Intergalactic Tourist

They don't... :(

• Murdz

Murdz Space Hobo

Hey yall having the same issue here, tried everything... if I uninstall and reinstall the game do I lose my save data? The box is really annoying me haha

• Farmerasdf

Farmerasdf Master Chief

Yep had exactly that problem. Playing on PS4. I think it has to do with pressing X too quickly while moving over your field. But not sure.

I DID FIND A FIX:
              BLOW IT UP.

Get a cherrybomb from the mines or craft one. Then blast your problems away.

Caution; will blow up crops and everything in the vicinity too.

ChaosB, Koumus, Mekroig and 1 other person like this.
              • Kenco

Kenco Big Damn Hero

Hah, didn't think of blowing it up! That worked perfectly :confirm:

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

I like this solution. Got a Fertilizer Box problem? Blow it up!

• MicroAid

MicroAid Space Hobo

I found that planting a mixed seed or season specific seed underneath the fertilizer box and growing a forage crop destroys the glitched box, for those that don't want to blow up the surrounding crops

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

That's a good idea too, I like it.

• Mekroig

Mekroig Space Hobo

Awesome, good idea. Will try it soon.

• Koumus

Koumus Space Hobo

Just created an account to thank you for the fix. I play on the Xbox and I've had the same issue for a few days now. Thx!

• JUSTINsyd3r

JUSTINsyd3r Space Hobo

I just got that bug on Xbox one too. Never thought of using a cherry bomb tho. Lol thanks

sarahweston likes this.
                            • rhclassic

rhclassic Space Hobo

The cherry bomb worked for me, thanks for the advice!

• gm0835

gm0835 Space Hobo

Well there goes my house...