1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baruch_S

Baruch_S Big Damn Hero

The foraging level-up bug is still in 1.3. If you gain enough experience to level up the foraging skill, you can't pick up tree seeds for the rest of the day. Trees won't drop them, and trying to pop seeds out of the ground with a hoe or other tool destroyed them. It's a minor bug, but it's been around a while and should be fixed.

margotbean and sirsilica like this.
    • Baruch_S

Baruch_S Big Damn Hero

I've had a similar thing happen before, but for me, it normally happens after a rainy day and doesn't leave the crop looking watered. I'll only notice it later when a crop is a stage behind all the others. It happens even with sprinklers on the tiles, so I know it isn't just me missing a square when I'm watering; the game is actually forgetting to advance the crop's growth. I always assumed the rain effect changed the visual appearance of the tile, but the game forgot to count the tile as watered. It's been a bug since at least 1.2, and I just had it happen yesterday in 1.3 as well, again after a day of rain when my parsnip seed didn't advance.

Splittykitty and sirsilica like this.
      • Berbe

Berbe Space Spelunker

• Baruch_S

Baruch_S Big Damn Hero

Found another bug. When you're down in the mines digging up dirt squares, sometimes the game plays multiple item pickup noises in a row after you dig up a tile even though the tile doesn't spawn any items.

margotbean and sirsilica like this.
        • keytars

keytars Void-Bound Voyager

My friend has been experiencing the LAN-only bug since the beta began. She's on a mac so the initial listed fix about downloading that distributable wasn't an option, and we've made sure she's logged in and online in Steam; there doesn't appear to be a firewall issue with stardew either.

• faronheights

faronheights Tentacle Wrangler

Here's one I discovered on stream last night and I'm not entirely sure how I triggered this one. As the host of a new farm, I did not complete the first bundle, the Spring Foraging Bundle. One of my clients did. However, not only did the bundle not get marked as complete for everyone, something rather amazing happened.

My bundle screen showed the bundle as completed and I could make no further progress and no bundles were unlocked. Meanwhile, the two clients each ended up with partly completed bundles. Once one of them completed that bundle, progress was unlocked on my side and theirs and they claimed a reward. The second client was then able to complete the bundle separately of everyone else and claim the reward a second time. Now, any screenshots I could provide would be fairly pointless. So instead, would it be satisfactory to link to my VOD so you can take a look at things? That's about the best I can offer. Thanks in advance!

• Splittykitty

Splittykitty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the case of the most recent happening for me, it was in Singleplayer (no cabins, never touched multiplayer on this save.) It has happened prior to 1.3 (and occurs on the Switch version as well, which obviously does not have 1.3 yet).

sirsilica likes this.
              • Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

I've seen it many times in SP from 1.07 through latest version. Someone on Discord reported it on SP today too.

margotbean likes this.
                • Huanir

Huanir Void-Bound Voyager

When you exit Leah's house, the music for her house keeps on playing instead of the seasonal music.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
                  • mgorgon

mgorgon Intergalactic Tourist

My girlfriend and I have been playing a multiplayer game for the past 2-3 months, and it would crash periodically for her (I'm the host, never crash), but after the update yesterday, she's been crashing every single game day, sometimes multiple times a game day. We're in summer year 3, and it's becoming unplayable. We've got 80+ hours into this save and would love to keep playing. There isn't a discernible moment or thing that triggers the crash, it just happens for her from anywhere in the world. I've uploaded her crash log and the save game.

Attached Files:

• Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

1. On Sam's 2 Heart Event, there's a piece of Sebastian's head missing:
                      [​IMG]

2. Are we supposed to be able to turn off Lewis' campfire?
                      [​IMG]

3. Maru was not in her nurse uniform on Summer 16th year 1:
                      [​IMG]

4. Gifting reset on Friday instead of Sunday (I was able to gift people 4 times that week):
                      [​IMG]

5. This happened once stepping out of the house:
                      [​IMG]

margotbean likes this.
                      • Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

6. I have 1 rabbit and it can enter the Coop even when the door is closed.

• BostonLagger

BostonLagger Intergalactic Tourist

The Town Theme hasn't played on any file I created since the beta. It also has stopped playing on my old save file which was created before. On the old save the song exists on the jukebox and plays normally there.

• Shuggendo

Shuggendo Space Hobo

Hello! I am sadly having crash issues with multiplayer (never had any issue whatsoever in single player). I thought it'd get better when the patch left beta, but I am still having the same problems that none of my friends seem to have. Just today I crashed twice in about an hour while playing with a friend. Once when I first entered the Secret Woods (so I thought maybe there was a problem with entering that area) but the second time happened in the middle of town while I was simply running towards where I wanted to go. I downloaded the Visual C++ thing many people said fixed their own crash issues but it did nothing for me.

Attached Files:

• chif.leaf

chif.leaf Space Hobo

Hi,

I triggered the new 8-heart event with Linus, after that he appears to have disappeared. I checked the wiki for his locations and he isn't present in any of them. I thought maybe his location changed with the new update, so I went to visit him at night, but he still wasn't in his tent. At this point I think it's a bug, but please let me know if otherwise. Not sure what other information is needed. I'm playing Singleplayer, haven't built any cabins, definitely version 1.3.27. Never joined beta.

Thanks.

• JapJum

JapJum Yeah, You!

a few issues remaining for us:

we are now almost at the end of year 3 ( have been playing most of the beta) and my farmhand has still not had the grandpa event. when she goes to the shrine it still asks her to wait until the dawn of year 3, and she cannot place a diamond on it. the first day of year 3 my farmhand had an event of one of the bachelors coming to the house, and then never got the grandpa one. this started in the beta, but still persists in the current release.

there is z fighting (flashing quick switching textures) on my horse's had and it's ears.

i still have not had the event for getting the magnification glass, while my farmhand had it long ago.

• MirandaMythblood

MirandaMythblood Intergalactic Tourist

I am having an issue with the red box when I go to click on items. Like lets say I want to go to the Quarry I have issue getting the box to show up on Quarry to click it. I do use a controllor if that has anything to do with it. I just noticed it after updating.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

For me, during Sam's 2-heart event, as soon as Sam stops playing and walks down towards Sebastian, the entire top half of Sebastian's head disappears. (singleplayer)

During Shane's 2-heart event, my character's face is stuck in a fairly unattractive pose as soon as Shane hands her a beer, and stays that way until she drinks it. It wasn't quite this bad in v1.2.
                                    Shane 2-heart event bad face.jpg

The bug with tree seeds disappearing when hit with a tool has been around forever (like the others said).

And my farmhouse floor is still orange. That strip between my bedroom and my spouse's room.... can't place flooring. Looks like 1985 in my house. All I need is a popcorn ceiling and some brass fixtures, and I can have a retro party. :(

Then there's this:
                                    Swarmed.jpg

That's a picture of me in singleplayer getting swarmed by 6 Serpents and 2 Iridium Bats. I'm invisible, due to a bomb going off. I resorted to using mods to go into "god mode" because the Skull Cavern seems to have enough enemies for 4 players now, even in SP. I know it was always difficult, but I've never been swarmed (without fog) like that in 1.2.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
                                      Sapador and sirsilica like this.
                                    • PettBR

PettBR Intergalactic Tourist

Following up on a response from tccoxon on the previous thread (it had closed already when I was able to respond) on this matter:

So, me and my girlfriend decided to fool around with the whole town and get 10 hearts with everyone possible before we tried to even marry, but we made our homework and knew that we would get caught by the boys at the saloon or by the girls at Haley's house UNLESS we had rabbit's foot.

Anyway, we did everyone's 10 heart event starting with Hayley and Alex since they took place exactly where this scene would occur and then finally grabbed ourselves an iridium quality rabbit's foot each and went to the saloon for the scene... I got the "good" scene where I would touch the rabbit's foot and then be saved from the boys figuring it out, but my girlfriend got busted even though she had it too.

We restarted the day and tried again at both locations (and she brought like 10 different qualitys rabbit's foot with her) to no avail and now she's sad because she thinks she either can't go in those locations anymore or they'll all hate her. Also worth mentioning, I let her watch the scene by herself while having a rabbit's foot on me and also tried watching it simultaneously, same results.

So the bug seems to be that this event only happens for the host, even if the other player meets the requirements. I'm not sure if this problem requires me uploading the save file, but I suppose I'll do it just in case:
                                      Reply by tccoxon:
                                      I tried this on your save file just now, and both characters were able to get the 'good' versions of the scenes. It could potentially be a mod interfering with the scene. If you're both on the latest version of the game, and you're not using mods, your girlfriend could try getting steam to "verify the integrity of the game files."

We retried it after both verifiying the integrity of the game files on the steam properties of the game, still the same. We never used any mods and don't even have SMAPI installed at all. We're both at the most recent version of the game, which right now is the 1.3.27 version, but we also both always keep it up to date. Anyway, the integrity of both mine and her files are fine, no mods are been used by either one and we retried it and she still has the same problem.
                                      I'm the host so I'm not sure if getting her save file makes a difference but if needed I can get hers too. Mine is attached on this post (also, at the current save point she no longer has 10 hearts with Alex so we only try testing it on Haley's house and she doesn't get "blocked out" of the saloon)

Attached Files:

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Myself, I wouldn't mind if this was the case, if they have been made harder. Personally I think the skull cavern was too easy, there's no real risk of dying unless you simply don't pay attention. More and harder monsters would revive my interest in skull runs, I'd like it to be dangerous

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.