1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camilords1996

camilords1996 Space Hobo

Hello fellow farmers.
    So currently, I am enjoying the 1.3.25 version ( I have no money to buy the game yet )
    Here are some of the bugs I observed.

*Buffs after eating dishes with buffs when immediately going down a staircase does not activate
    *Weed popping out from seed (particularly, pinecone seeds) embedded from the ground when hoed/picked, it can be planted back though and produce fiber when scythed
    *Rocks with ores popped out liked weed (above)
    *Character standing ON the horse when picking an item and immediately rides the horse
    *Unable to exit clinic when you die in the mines and an event is occuring at the town
    *Totem did not work during the one of the 3 day night sales at winter

I recorded some clips (1-10 sec) of the bug.
    Access it here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLO69qT38ApQarF6Cb3QHw

• yamina-chan

yamina-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More bugs I've noticed in the latest version:

• Driving to the desert on a rainy day will play the rain sound file in the desert untill you leave the bus. Likewise, it starts playing too early.
      • Tilling the sand in the desert on a rainy day will give the ground beneath it the wet look. Except for spaces that had worms in them.
        [​IMG]

• mewtwoshinex

mewtwoshinex Space Hobo

Unsure if this is a bug but I just encountered this and nothing seems to be working, and I looked around on steam forums and people reported having the same issue. The Invite Code button is gone for me, and the only two options I have for the Multiplayer Mode is Online and Offline. However, just yesterday I had Invite-Only Mode and Friends-Only Mode. When I tried inviting my friend through Steam she couldn't connect. The only way we were able to connect was through an invite code, but since the invite code changes we can't connect anymore. [​IMG]

• dinnydorf

dinnydorf Void-Bound Voyager

The biggest bug I (we) have found occurs when the host (me) is in bed (sleep for the night), and a farmhand (case in point, my partner) passes out (at 2:00am). The host screen goes dark and the farmhand gets stuck on the Saving... screen. This is only resolved when the farmhand manually shuts down their connection to the game, at which point the host game continues as normal (saves and starts the new day.) We have replicated this a few times to make sure it wasn't a one-off.

Another minor detail, may be intentional, but the Steam invite only works if the player doesn't already have Stardew loaded up. i.e. the steam invitation has to launch the game in order to connect to a farm. More an annoyance than a bug.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I just noticed that as well, and I see what you mean about the reports on the Steam forums. I think it's a GOG issue though, per their twitter they're having issues: https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1024009826219765760
            Once they fix it I'll double check, and edit this post as necessary.

Version: 1.3.27 - Steam

Launched from Linux, it shows a failure to authenticate with Galaxy. So there's no "Invite Code" option. But, LAN connections work fine.
            Code:
            Please use SDL 2.0.5 or higher.
            setGameMode( 'titleScreenGameMode (0)' )
            loadPreferences(); begin - languageCode=en
            savePreferences(); async=False, languageCode=en
            Steam logged on: True
            Initializing GalaxySDK
            Requesting Steam app ticket
            Signing into GalaxySDK
            Galaxy auth failure: FAILURE_REASON_UNDEFINED
            gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
            getLoadEnumerator('Multiplayer_184783785')
            TextBox.Selected is now 'True'.
            TextBox.Selected is now 'False'.
            gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
            Starting server. Protocol version: 1.3-48
            Starting LAN server
            Approved request for farmhand 1080247188394256160
            Stopping LAN server

I have a working comparison I posted back in May on an older version of Stardew Valley:
            https://community.playstarbound.com...nown-issues-fixes.142850/page-61#post-3271064

================================================
            EDIT:

The GOG twitter mentioned they fixed their issue about an hour ago: https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1024054558128058370

So, I tested again just now, and the "Invite Codes" option has returned to my menu screen. I also see SDV is now properly authenticating to GOG's GalaxySDK.

Code:
            Please use SDL 2.0.5 or higher.
            setGameMode( 'titleScreenGameMode (0)' )
            Steam logged on: True
            Initializing GalaxySDK
            Requesting Steam app ticket
            Signing into GalaxySDK
            Galaxy auth success
            Galaxy signed in
            Galaxy logged on
            gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
            getLoadEnumerator('Multiplayer_184783785')
            TextBox.Selected is now 'True'.
            TextBox.Selected is now 'False'.
            gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
            Starting server. Protocol version: 1.3-48
            Starting LAN server
            Starting Galaxy server
            Creating lobby...
            Lobby entered: 123496252592870194
            Steam lobby entered: 109775245067626283
            Warping to Farm
            Approved request for farmhand 1080247188394256160
            Stopping LAN server
            Stopping Galaxy server

So, as I mentioned earlier; I believe it was just an issue caused by GOG.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
            • InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n Master Chief

Hope some of these issues can get fixed before release! (#1-3 are the most important IMO).

Trying to water from this spot next to the small pond below your cabin results in bugging out pouring over and over quickly, trying to refill the bucket form here also does this too. Spends a lot of energy really fast. It's super annoying. Issue present since first release.
              [​IMG]

Incorrect Dialogue

First we have Penny commenting on her mom getting her bus driving job back when it hasn't happened.
              [​IMG]

Incorrect Dialogue

Emily is only supposed to say this in her house.
              [​IMG]

Quest asks to SEE ore, but only counts ore freshly mined since accepting. (There is also an extra space [typo] after Copper Ores)
              [​IMG]

#5 rEalLy BaD TeXt FoRmAtTiNg

-----------------------------------------
              --Monster Eradication Goals--
              "Help us keep the valley
              safe."
              -----------------------------------------
              [​IMG]

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

This isn't a bug. The whole point of the quest is that you collect fresh ores. Otherwise you could just keep dragging out the same 25 pieces of ore to show him, every time it comes up.
                The bit where it says "23/25 Copper Ore collected" is the big clue here that there's no bug, it's just your misinterpretation of the nature of the quest

• RandomKitten

RandomKitten Void-Bound Voyager

As a farmhand, my horse occasionally eats hats. I'll put a hat on, then later on that hat will disappear.

I'm still trying to work out exactly when, but I do know this much:
                  • It can be either horse (we have two)
                  • It doesn't matter who puts the hat on the horse originally
                  • It only happens to a horse when I ride it, not the farm owner
                  I suspect it happens when the seasons change and/or when transitioning from one locale to another, but I never seem to notice it right as it happens, so I can't give more detail.

• Sleeping Fox

Sleeping Fox Void-Bound Voyager

A few things in beta version 1.3.27 (Steam, no mods, single player):

1) Birthday gifts mess up the gift check box. When I have already given the person two gifts before, the second check mark disappears after giving them the birthday gift. If the birthday gift is the first gift of the week, the second gift does not receive a check mark.

2) The horse can go through vertical fences and closed gates when I ride left or right towards the fence as close as possible, then ride up or down along the fence and then again left or right towards and through the fence (I used a controller). (I think all of my fences are hardwood or normal wood, so I don't know if this works for all fence types).

fences01.png

3) While riding the horse on the Hill-top Farm, I got stuck in a spot next to a fence and hill to my right. I could make the horse look in every direction, but it wouldn't move from the spot. Dismounting the horse solved the problem because it moved the farmer and the horse to a different spot. I think this might be related to the fence bug described in 2) because I was able to recreate getting stuck in the same spot by riding through the fence a couple of times, and this way I probably got to a spot that I normally wouldn't reach.

trapped.png

trapped2.png

4) Tools (Milk Pail, Shears) can be bought several times when I don't carry them with me in my backpack, and I can buy several catalogues from Pierre no matter if I have one at home or in my inventory. This is a bit annoying, because I accidentally bought the shears and catalogue twice because I didn't know I already had them (and I didn't notice until after going to bed), so I wasted money and space on them. I'm not sure this is a bug, but I think before I played the beta version, I could only buy each of these things once.

5) If children have long names, the first letters go over the image of the child:
                    name.png

6) I cleared all the rocks, small logs and weeds in the forest and mountains and they don't reappear, even after a few changes of seasons (not sure if they still appear on my farm, but currently there are none). Now I can't build any campfires, scarecrows or warp totems because I'm out of fiber. This never happened on any of my farms before.

Issues in earlier versions, so these might have already been fixed:
                    • Adoption was not carried over to beta (this must have been around versions 1.3.23 - 1.3.25). Before I switched to beta, Abigail asked me if I wanted to adopt a child and I said "yes" (early or mid fall) and I think she mentioned our adoption plans once after this. I switched to beta a few game days later and the child never arrived (she also never mentioned it again). In the middle of winter, she asked me again if I wanted to adopt a child, and this time it worked.
                    • A few of my tappers that I had built before changing to beta broke when I collected from them in a beta version (I didn't use any tools).
                    • My recycling machine (also from before beta) vanished from my farm. I think it was destroyed by a weed, but this has never happened to any of my crafts before (and it's annoying when it happens to a machine you received from one of the bundles and cannot yet remake because you haven't reached the right fishing level).
                    • Pam didn't arrive at the bus stop one day (might have been around versions 1.3.25 to 1.3.27). Luckily, she returned the next day.
                    • After building the house for Pam and Penny, Penny sometimes still acts as if they live in the trailer. During rain, Penny says: "The raindrops are really loud on the metal roof of our trailer. It's soothing, though."
                    • I collected the Mayor's shorts twice. (I never returned them to Lewis and still have two of them stacked in my chest in version 1.3.27.)

• InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n Master Chief

While I agree that's how the quest should work, the exact wording is: "Bring Clint 25 copper ores for inspection".
                      I took the quest, having less than 25 ore in my inventory (16 actually, but I didn't keep track) needing 9 more to complete the quest. After mining I had 39 which is plenty right?

I did filled the quest as written, it's worded incorrectly. It should say: "Bring Clint 25 freshly mined pieces of copper ore for inspection". That makes a lot more sense (and since it is only copper you say ore, not ores). This makes the quest seem less random and useless story-wise. Perhaps he's asking to inspect the ore to learn more about the quality of the ore in the mine - maybe he noticed it changing over the seasons. He works with metal and must like high quality metal after all.

It sad that this will just be ignored. It's good polish for the game/story.

• Maikik

Maikik Void-Bound Voyager

My friend and I were playing multiplayer and spent the entire first season getting enough money to buy large backpacks. We quickly saved the game and decided to conclude our day IRL. The next day we came back to the multiplayer and our large backpacks were gone. It's seriously sad to spend all that time just to see our rewards disappear. I don't know what triggered it, but we both bought our backpacks at the same time in the game.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Thanks for continuing to pass over reports everyone. There are some here which are super detailed - that's extremely helpful.

I'm going to close this thread now - the beta build will be moved into the main game shortly, and then the beta branch discontinued. Player save files from beta should be playable after updating the main game - it's the same version.

If you'd like to report an issue here is the new thread.

We've reviewed everything posted here, but had to move forward to distribute 1.3.27 as the release version. Any bugs which have been reported there will be evaluated for the next update to the main branch. We won't ignore any of the reports made here, but if you'd like to post into the new thread feel free.

I said in the new thread, updating won't be as frequent in the main branch. We'll compile a large list of fixes and push out as a bigger update instead of the smaller bugfix patches we've done during beta. This is to minimize player disruption and allow us time to closely test before pushing out. There's a good chance we'll reopen beta for evaluation before updating - but for now to reduce confusion we're closing it.

Thanks again to everyone who's participated and reported issues during the beta. It's been immeasurably helpful and is the reason we're able to have the game ready now instead of months from now!! We can't thank you all enough!

KAC, Unfug and yamina-chan like this.
                          Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.