Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgiana.valley

georgiana.valley Intergalactic Tourist

heya
    i've had several crashes now and i don't know whats wrong, i think it has to do with the skipping mod (more than 5 days skipping and it crashes)
    thanks in advance!

log:
    https://log.smapi.io/Mq90S7Jd

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You unfortunately deleted the crash log upon re-launching the game. Can you re-cause the crash, then upload the log before launching the game again

• georgiana.valley

georgiana.valley Intergalactic Tourist

oh my bad, i just found out its one of the mods not working right, i've deleted the mod.
        Thank you anyway 13akoors :)

just one question, is there a mod where you can change names of cats, horses and the babies?

• Veildraki

Veildraki Space Hobo

Hey, I've been playing a game multiplayer with 1 other person, for some reason our game crashes when we sleep sometime, not every time, and I havent been able to work out a common cause for when it does or doesn't. I was hoping someone here could help us out.
          crash log:
          https://log.smapi.io/Qg3YU9Ek

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@georgiana.valley Not that I know of, but you can rename them by editing your save file. Basically open the save file in a text editor, search for the old name, and change it to the new one.

@Veildraki I'm seeing some Deep Woods errors in that log; does it still happen if you remove Deep Woods? I suggest reporting the error to that mod's author so they can look into it.

• staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello, so I'm having an issue where, when I leave the fall festival my game crashes and I'm not quite sure what's causing it. I'm sure it's probably a mod, but the error message doesn't reference a specific mod, at least to me. Could anyone help me out with figuring out what's going on please? Here's the error log: https://log.smapi.io/DLhEaTXA

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Try it without Cranber's fireflies.. The light setting, I believe it is, is incorrect and if you haven't editted it, that may be what's causing your crash.

staarfruit likes this.
                • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Yepp, that was it, thank you!

• tangsuan

tangsuan Space Hobo

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your log says there's 9 mods you can update. Perhaps start by updating those, and if that doesn't fix it, I'm sure Pathos will let you know what is wrong

• tangsuan

tangsuan Space Hobo

thank you ,and I will try it tonight.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.8 beta 6 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.31-beta only.)

Release notes since beta 5:
                        • For players:
                          • Added support for ignoring mod folders.
                          • SMAPI now recommends a compatible SMAPI version if you have an older game version.
                          • You can now mark a mod folder ignored by starting the name with a dot (like .disabled mods).
                          • Fixed friendly error no longer shown when SMAPI isn't run from the game folder.
                          • Fixed crash log deleted immediately when you relaunch the game.
                          • Updated compatibility list.
                        • For modders:
                          • Added multiplayer API and events to send/receive messages and get connected player info.
                          • Added a verbose logging feature.
                          • Fixed Context.IsPlayerFree being true before the player finishes transitioning to a new location in multiplayer.
                          • Updated dependencies (Harmony 1.0.9.1 → 1.2.0.1, Mono.Cecil 0.10 → 0.10.1).
                          • Deprecated:
                            • Non-string manifest versions are now deprecated and will stop working in SMAPI 3.0. Affected mods should use a string version, like "Version": "1.0.0".
                            • ISemanticVersion.Build is now deprecated and will be removed in SMAPI 3.0. Affected mods should use ISemanticVersion.PrereleaseTag instead.
                        • For the web UI:
                        Let me know if you run into any issues!

• UberLu

UberLu Void-Bound Voyager

So I ran into a game crash when going to bed on summer 4. Happened twice in a row. The second time I noticed Lewis shorts were missing in Marnies Room.
                          Any way to track down this error?

https://log.smapi.io/Kw3QKgDA

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@UberLu That looks like this game bug. I suggest reporting it in that thread, and attaching your save files. The workaround for now is to avoid talking to Marnie; you can use Pelican Fiber to buy animals/supplies from her shop without talking to her.

UberLu likes this.
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.8 beta.7 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.32-beta only.)

Release notes since beta 6:
                              • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.32.
                              • Improved compatibility with various Linux shells (thanks to lqdev!).
                              • Fixed multiplayer API not syncing context correctly for a farmhand connected via Steam friends.
                              • For the web UI:
                                • Added filters to mod compatibility list.
                                • Tweaked log parser UI (thanks to danvolchek!).

• Freyarule

Freyarule Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys, I updated my game and SMAPI to the new beta (1.3.32) and have had issues when starting a new game. I've tried a bunch of methods, such as deleting most of the mods that were outdated, but the same crash error comes up.

SMAPI log is here - https://log.smapi.io/6c8urBk7

I've validated my game files a couple of times already to reset them but the problem still occurs. I'm thinking it could be a map error due to some of the required mods being outdated but I can't be 100% sure hence asking for assistance.

Thanks very much for any advice!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Freyarule The error is related to dialogue. Try updating your dialogue mods first (search for "You can update" on that log page); if that doesn't fix it, try removing your dialogue mods temporarily (you can put them back after that day finishes, and it should be fine).

• Freyarule

Freyarule Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild thanks for the response! I was able to start the new game, and saved to Day 2, to which I then put back all the dialogue mods. Upon ending Day 2 and moving onto Day 3 it crashed again giving the same error codes so I'm guessing this means I'll have to see which one is causing the issue and then leave it out until it's updated.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.8-beta.8 is now available, here only (for Stardew Valley 1.3.32-beta only).

This mainly revamps the installer to avoid players mistakenly putting mods in the installer folder. Let me know if the installer works fine for you (especially on Linux and Mac).

Changes since beta 7:
                                      • For players:
                                        • Revamped the installer files to avoid confusion.
                                        • Fixed error when entering an incorrect console command.
                                        • Fixed installer allowing custom mods to be bundled with the install.
                                      • For modders:
                                        • Fixed content packs not being loaded if they add another SMAPI mod as dependency.
                                        • Fixed update-check errors sometimes overwritten with a generic error message.
                                        • Fixed error sending a message through the multiplayer API in rare cases after an error packet is received.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.8 is now available!

This mainly adds support for today's Stardew Valley 1.3.32 release and makes quality-of-life changes for players:
                                        • added a mod compatibility page and privacy page;
                                        • added support for organising your mods into subfolders and ignoring mod folders;
                                        • moved most SMAPI files into a smapi-internal subfolder (so your game folder is less messy) and save backups into a save-backups folder (so they're easier to find);
                                        • enabled update checks even for mods that have no update keys in many cases;
                                        • improved various error messages to be more clear and intuitive;
                                        • now auto-recovers crashes caused by broken modded dialogue;
                                        • now recommends the correct SMAPI version when you have an older game version;
                                        • improved compatibility for some Linux players;
                                        • fixed a number of issues.
                                        For modders, this mainly adds new features and improvements:
                                        • added a multiplayer API and events to send/receive messages and get connected player info;
                                        • added a data API to store mod data in the save file or app data;
                                        • added optional verbose logging;
                                        • added support for writing to JSON files in content packs;
                                        • added support for semi-transparent overlays when patching images;
                                        • added more events for the upcoming SMAPI 3.0;
                                        • improved support for the -unofficial version convention (e.g. 1.0-unofficial < 1.0-beta);
                                        • enabled IntelliSense documentation when using the non-developers version of SMAPI;
                                        • removed restriction against loading images during a draw cycle;
                                        • fixed a number of issues.
                                        See the release notes and mod compatibility list for more info.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.