Stardew Valley Multiplayer: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

@tccoxon Sorry, a few more places need an IsGreenhouse check. Can you change these too? I went through the code, and I think these are the last ones.
    • In Crop.newDay:
      Code:
      // from:
      if (... || !this.seasonsToGrowIn.Contains(Game1.currentSeason) || ...)

// to:
      if (... || (!environment.IsGreenhouse && !this.seasonsToGrowIn.Contains(Game1.currentSeason)) || ...)

• In HoeDirt.canPlantThisSeedHere:
      Code:
      // from:
      if (!Game1.currentLocation.IsOutdoors || crop.seasonsToGrowIn.Contains(Game1.currentSeason))

// to:
      if (!Game1.currentLocation.IsOutdoors || Game1.currentLocation.IsGreenhouse || crop.seasonsToGrowIn.Contains(Game1.currentSeason))

• In HoeDirt.plant:
      Code:
      // from:
      if (!who.currentLocation.isFarm && who.currentLocation.IsOutdoors)

// to: 
      if (!who.currentLocation.isFarm && !who.currentLocation.IsGreenhouse && who.currentLocation.IsOutdoors)

Code:
      // from:
      if (!who.currentLocation.isOutdoors || crop.seasonsToGrowIn.Contains(Game1.currentSeason))

// to:
      if (!who.currentLocation.isOutdoors || who.currentLocation.IsGreenhouse || crop.seasonsToGrowIn.Contains(Game1.currentSeason))

Thanks a lot for making changes to help modders!

• KONAKONA93

KONAKONA93 Space Hobo

Yesterday I encounter a bug where if I (host) press on the map option when the other player is not in the map (my friend was viewing Sam's 8 hearts event), the game straight crash (host side), I think this will pretty much occur on any event if one of the player is not in the map and then other player happens to click on the map during that time (like Sam's 10 hearts event etc)

I also attach the log file for that specific error

Attached Files:

• Terradel

Terradel Subatomic Cosmonaut

This mislabel still exists, and I reported it a few weeks before 1.3 launched. It's considered fruit when it should be forage.

[​IMG]

margotbean likes this.
        • heirtothestar

heirtothestar Void-Bound Voyager

15/10/2018
          Manage to find out that because of a certain mod, 3D NPC Houses by anjarpsx, caused the error.
          -----
          Get black screen but not freeze when I enter community center after finished crafts room bundle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 7:09 AM
          • margotbean

margotbean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• lostmyhead

lostmyhead Space Hobo

seems to crash every time i go to sleep with this file. version 1.3.31
            i use windows 10. still unsure if related to any items. seemed to happen when i bought rabbits. i stopped buying rabbits and it made it one day, but then it resumed crashing the next day.

Attached Files:

• cakuyan

cakuyan Void-Bound Voyager

hey I got this game a week ago and I play multiplayer with a friend, sometimes it crashed but because it was not too often I didnt think much about it. but these last 2 days where the farm got bigger, the crash got more often and nastier. here are some of the logs

it's getting really frustrating.. please help. thank you.

Attached Files:

• foxingworth

foxingworth Master Chief

Looking over your crash logs I think I had this same issue. I was playing on a slightly older laptop with an automatically switching integrated/dedicated graphics setup and after disabling that feature for stardew valley in the nvidia control panel the crashes stopped. The game runs just fine on integrated graphics only so it's not an issue performance wise.

• teknogeddon

teknogeddon Space Hobo

Hey there, been trying to play multiplayer with a friend of mine and we're repeatedly getting the same crash.
                  I've isolated the problem down to being related to MARNIE.

Apparently if we try to turn in a quest with her (amaranth) or buy an animal, the game will crash while trying to sleep. Rinse repeat over and over until we get frustrated and quit. It didn't start doing it until recently when we tried to get a goat.

Message: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.​

I'll attach my logs, this has repeatedly happened (We were trying to isolate what caused it) so... I'll only attach a couple.
                  Its not letting me attach a save file, do I need that too?

Attached Files:

• lostmyhead

lostmyhead Space Hobo

thank you for helping me understand that marnie is the culprit. unfortunately that means the rabbits foot is going to be extremely hard to get and thats the last item i need for the community center. oof. hopefully she gets fixed soon. i feel like this bug happened before.

• margotbean

margotbean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When catching a fish in Chinese, the game still multiplies the length by 2.54 to convert from inches to cm, but the display says "英寸", which means "inches".