RELEASED [SMAPI] Fish Culture System

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by KuroBear, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

Damn good mod! I might gorilla hug you mate but this digital barrier preventing me awesome job done:monkey:

• raenevigil

raenevigil Phantasmal Quasar

Definitely keeping an eye on this mod as it's updated; great work! I love fishing in this game and have been hoping for this feature.

• HSneak

HSneak Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever i try to put a fish in its emplacement, my game freeze (tried it with : http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Pufferfish and http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Super_Cucumber both gold star), and when i look into the console i've found this : http://imgur.com/qWEh5sP (The only thing i could identify with my skills in programming is that i'm NOT the user "Barone_")

BTW i'm using this mod with many others

EDIT : ah and one suggestion, even if i couldn't correctly test the mod for now, don't you think add BAIT as feed for fishes would be a good idea ? keep plant seeds and add bait to it :D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
          Superior_s and RaulMarq like this.
        • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

This has to be one of the best mods for this game so far. Not using it currently though just going to wait until it's stable.

• Minkah

Minkah Void-Bound Voyager

Ok so I put the fish into the pond and the seeds and so far everything works but theyve been in there for 2 seasons and haven't reproduced in any way
            And I can't take them out either so I've got around fifty fish stuck in there

• KuroBear

KuroBear Phantasmal Quasar

left click-> take?

• Minkah

Minkah Void-Bound Voyager

Already tried that doesn't work

• KuroBear

you need sell some fish upgrade your level, may should read level detail

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

... okay, so first, whenever I put in a fish, my game would freeze. I find that I have to start treasure hunting, look at the collections, then upgrade to level 2 before it would let me put in fish.

So it was looking good. I put in 50 gold star catfish and 12 gold star stonefish... Gave them seeds...

When I looked the next day, the pond was empty, and it had gone back to level 0. I was devastated... The only other mod I have is TimeSpeed.

I think I should wait for a stable release before trying again. =/

But this is seriously a very awesome mod! You have my thanks!

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

very nice buddy , i hope u make it for storm :)
                      good job ! :iswydt: <3

• IIIIIIII

IIIIIIII Space Spelunker

Mod fish culture system loaded without error at first with this method :)
                        but :
                        1. when i try to put in sea cucumber (fresh caught/not and with/without star), sea cucumber recognized as error item. For the other fish and seeds no prob
                        2. after save at the end of the day i re-run the game (close n open the game again n load save data). Fish culture system mod reset it's progress and sea cucumber from before in my backpack disappear.

SDV Ver. 1.06 - SMAPI 0.39.5 alpha

• UnicornMoustache

UnicornMoustache Void-Bound Voyager

Not loading with SMAPI 0.39.6 Alpha?

Edit: I got it working, didn't realise I had to manually create a manifest.json file for it.
                          Great mod! Looking forward to future updates! :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
                          • thudme22

thudme22 Space Hobo

i press [z] while i am facing down beside the pool..
                            but nothing happen..
                            maybe it is because i have changed my game language into chinese?

thanks and really love this mod
                            hope i can figure out how to make the mod works for me

• KuroBear

目前mod还在开发且不支持新版本SMAPI, 发布的只是测试版本(SMAPI 0.72)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
                              • thudme22

thudme22 Space Hobo

好!十分感謝!

• abebridges913

abebridges913 Intergalactic Tourist

hey would you be willing to post or PM me your manifest that is working? I tried creating one with the template and I get an error and the mod won't work :( Thanks!!

• katronsensei

katronsensei Void-Bound Voyager

Ill try this out later on a new save. :) Ill edit and say how it went. This seems like a great mod. I cant waitt to see where itll go.

Edit: One thing I have noticed and I am confused on... Why is there no manifest.json with this mod?? Just something ive noticed considering everyother mod seems to come with one.

• Zahn

Zahn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For people who have difficulty, create a "FishCulture" folder into your Mods folder. Open Notepad or another text editor, put these lines:

Code:
                                      {
                                        "Name": "Fish Culture",
                                        "Authour": "KuroBear",
                                        "Version": {
                                          "MajorVersion": 1,
                                          "MinorVersion": 0,
                                          "PatchVersion": 0,
                                          "Build": ""
                                        },
                                        "Description": "You can culture fish.",
                                        "UniqueID": "FishCulture",
                                        "PerSaveConfigs": false,
                                        "EntryDll": "FishCulture.dll"
                                      }
                                      Save as manifest.json in the directory created before.

Thanks for this mod, seems really nice :)

Edit:

Will you continue to work on the mod ? A lot of bugs with the latest SMAPI.

Code:
                                      [12:40:22.895 ] [ERROR] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
                                         à FishCulture.Menus.CulturePage.AquariumTab.CountAmount(Int32 index, Fish fish)
                                         à FishCulture.Menus.CulturePage.AquariumTab.CountAppend(Int32 index, Int32 count, Fish fish)
                                         à FishCulture.Menus.CulturePage.AquariumTab.CountAppendQ(Int32 quality, Int32 count, Fish fish)
                                         à FishCulture.Menus.CulturePage.receiveLeftClick_Overview(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound)
                                         à FishCulture.Menus.CulturePage.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound)
                                         à FishCulture.Menus.FishCultureMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound)
                                         à StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                                         à StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                      Uninstalled for now but looking forward to see more.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
                                      • Theunknownplayer26

Theunknownplayer26 Space Spelunker

how did you create the manifest.json

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

so cool I am trying it now