1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier! 1.3.3

Just a clean looking modification to the character creation screen, for custom races.

1. Spammerman

Spammerman Aquatic Astronaut

I think you hit it on the head. A race compilation with nearly every mod race that we have so far, and already configured for use. I think that would go over huge.

I would do it myself, but I seem to really lack the Know-what-the-hell-I'm-doing.

I can get 2 race mods to show up and run, but as soon as I try a third, everything just goes to hell for some reason. Either crash on load, races don't show up, crash on race selection. Or my favourite, I see the race, I can create a character, then when I try ti play it,I get the the client/server error message.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. Mwarner

Mwarner Industrial Terraformer

You mean like this:
    [​IMG]

3. Xander Kau

Xander Kau Phantasmal Quasar

I believe the only thing you need to do is choose an ID that no one uses, such as 3432 or something, and It might be compatible. If not, the merging is coming with the next patch. You could include a readme that details how to add your race to the charcreation file, and point them to my reference file.

4. Xander Kau

And also if anyone wants to include their race in a pack, message me a download, and I'll put it in and advertise it.

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Indices must be consecutive.

6. Xander Kau

The elf mod in my pack uses ID 20

7. TheDerpyMudkip

TheDerpyMudkip Orbital Explorer

Is this an actual mod or a mockup? if it's an actual mod can you link it please?

8. Kapra

Kapra Void-Bound Voyager

So if I can change the index to being some sporadically high number, your interface configuration file would still have to be manually edited to include include my random index number attached to a button, yes? I just want to avoid the need for the modder to have to figure out, even with instructions, how to unzip a mod, change a tiny file inside of it, then rezip it, without having to get an all-in-one-mod they don't want.
    Na, I hate the idea of a all-in-one-mod, which is why I said besides in my post.

9. Mwarner

Mwarner Industrial Terraformer

10. Spammerman

Spammerman Aquatic Astronaut

One thing that's been bugging me. There's no tutorial (even a basic one) for exactly what you need to do to add a custom race to a race mod. Basically, for those of us that don't really know what to do, we're stumbling around blind.

What I've figured out was mostly through reading comments and reading about changing the index in the <race>.species file and the ID in the interface/windowconfig/charcration.config. But even then I'm running mostly on guesswork than anything else.

11. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

From the looks of it this would be really great if it got implemented and instead of "Modded Races" it simply said Races and all of the added races would go there with updates that would be really sick and then you'd have a direct influence on future starfarers

12. HardKoreG

HardKoreG Void-Bound Voyager

Could you upload this elsewhere, please? I can't download it from here.

13. Kapra

Kapra Void-Bound Voyager

Just click download and the page it shows you the error at, refresh it until it allows you to download it, in the meantime.

14. Xander Kau

Mwarner, do the arrows actually do anything, because from what I've seen, you cannot actually get a list, or anything like that to work.

15. Xander Kau

16. Kronuxx

Kronuxx Void-Bound Voyager

Just curious, but does using this mod allow me to play an alternate race such as the elf race on a server with others?

17. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

No, only if the server and players install the mod.

18. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

I tried making my own race and I get an access violation AND stack trace error upon start up. Do you know how to fix it?

19. Murlocking

Murlocking Astral Cartographer

It's doing the same thing for me.. i see all the races i added and i can pick the first one but once i try to click an other one (other the ID 6, i have ID 6 on first slot) the game crash.
    I noticed the first slot always seem to show up "ELF" on top even if it's not labeled as ID 6 in any of the 2 files.
    This is really killing me.. and no one seem to actually help me with the problems and i'm not even sure they made it work at all.
    ARGGGGHHHH
    Been working on this custom mod for 4 days, my head want to explode!

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

♩ I'm dreaming of an indexless christmas update~ ♫