1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Post here if you are an XP user crashing at Chucklefish logo.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Suhr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. it appears to be working on unbuntu 13.10

2. leifanator

leifanator Void-Bound Voyager

From what I can tell, there is no workaround. I myself have been trying everything bar a reformat to windows 7 (which I REALLY don't want to do considering that even that might not work).

I think we're pretty much stuck waiting for the code to be optimized for XP 32 bit users as it isn't XP that is having problems but the actual game itself. Or at least from what I can gather.

I think the devs have burnt themselves out for today and have called it a night from what was being said on their twitch stream. So don't expect any fix for this any time soon. (Not bad mouthing the devs, everyone needs their sleep and there's only so many hours in a day.)

3. Nikki

Nikki Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, I managed to solve the problem with the screen freezing. Add Starbound in Firewall Exception.
    Now after creating my character... it gives me another error... Let's Try fix it!

4. ancientterror

ancientterror Poptop Tamer

starbound starts, and freezes at the chucklefish logo
    windows XP home edition 2002
    service pack 3

5. Monkolian_of_Grophus

Monkolian_of_Grophus Void-Bound Voyager

Glad to know I'm not the only one suffering from this problem.

Hey, we waited for a heck of a long time just for a beta, we can wait longer for some bug fixes, right?
    I believe in you, Chucklefish!

6. Corpsie

Corpsie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably- I've still got another beer to go, I was prepared for an all-nighter and there's a few hunches I can follow. Sure, I'd rather be building things.. but if I can find a workaround while they get some much deserved sleep then my preparations weren't wasted.

7. Nikki

Nikki Subatomic Cosmonaut

The freezing screen error, came back.
    Argh.
    Ok. I OFFICIALLY hate that chuckle.

Covert0ddity likes this.
  8. SurvivorJoe

SurvivorJoe Big Damn Hero

Ugh me too I use Windows xp as well can't the devs fix that?I am so mad right now.:mad::cry:

9. CeaseofMorality

CeaseofMorality Space Hobo

it said there was support, so like I said earlier, boot up a vm and see if it works

10. General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes I am on xp, game hangs after the chucklefish giggles.Waited 10min and it was still frozen there.

Win OS : Win XP Pro SP3 32bit
    CPU : Intel P4 630 3.0ghz
    GFx Card: ATI 4550 HD 512vram
    System Ram : 3gb

11. Kanedork

Kanedork Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm having the same problems, and have been waiting for quite a while. Guess it's either a matter of launching the game through a VM or waiting for the devs, huh...

12. ASInisterIon

ASInisterIon Void-Bound Voyager

Uuuuuuuuugh

13. GregB

GregB Void-Bound Voyager

I'm in the same boat. My log file looks just like what EyeballFrog'and cjFolks posted.

14. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

This is obviously hurting a fair portion of the fanbase, and it would be very appreciated if this were fixed.

15. agentosage

agentosage Aquatic Astronaut

I was told on the IRC that they are planning to release an update tonight, whether or not they will fix this problem, who knows

16. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Got this problem using windows XP

Some people report it working after a while but for me it just plain crashes and never loads

agentosage likes this.
  17. murdog

murdog Orbital Explorer

agentosage and outher are right ive just been on irc and tiyurl has noted it is known fixable and being worked on so we can all chill wate a day or so and it well be playable for everone on xp kk so all cheerup http://puu.sh/5CtN4.png proof and http://puu.sh/5CtVp.png so yep they know its known no need to post till the cows come home tho specks of your pc can hurt lol

agentosage likes this.
  18. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

19. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Why did he say it isn't broken? It is broken on XP.

kentelljd, Pingeh and agentosage like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.