1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Endgame Activities

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yubs, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Cipherstar

Cipherstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Check check check. I thought the Mysterious Party NPC was necessary or something so I coaxed it through to the end and was then disappointed that it didn't do anything but stand around at the end. At least I can pretend it beamed to their own ship.

I do the asteroid field thing regularly. I have an "elevator" system spanning from the very top and very bottom edges of the map. Water pools at the end aid in general survivability, but you can also use the ground slam to null fall damage as well as fall faster, to travel with style. I tend to like building vertically lately, though I only just started a full scale vertical city-building today. Hollowed out a pit (Including background tiles...) down to the Core that's almost a full screen's length on x2. From there I'm gonna start building into the two walls.

So there's a thought.

• Build a super-city-scraper stretching from the upper and lower map boundaries.
    That's now my goal in any case.

2. dar601

dar601 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Find every structure in the game including micro dungeons after the new stable update when there are hundreds of them in game

3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Roleplay the startup of a new civilization, building it up, planet by planet, until the whole sector is run by the Nation!

Oh wait, I just started that.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Ooh! I have some!
    -Build a restaurant that serves only Hylotls (as food)
    -Start a banana farm
    -Try to recreate an entire village
    -Build an UNDERGROUND treehouse
    -Jump off of the Outpost in a boat
    -See how many pixels you can get before dying

Mills and 333 like this.
  5. Highmastet

Highmastet Phantasmal Quasar

My friends, let me suggest something truly diabolical.

No.
    Armor.
    Run.

The Squid likes this.
  6. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

There is end game already? STILL BETA!!! *coughs* No but really this list is darn great. I am a little tempted to put up a server with the home planet being a base filled with every door I can find and have a switch make them all open and/or close at the same time. X3
    I like to annoy my friends. :badpokerface:

The Squid likes this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I just tried this. It was beautiful. :up:

8. Highmastet

Highmastet Phantasmal Quasar

Make a concert area and do an instrument solo

9. Anciendraak

Anciendraak Star Wrangler

- get one or two people, build massive death dungeons, everyone go to one dungeon you did not build, see who gets through their dungeon first with the least amount of deaths.
    - Build your own nation, then go to war with another.
    - Completely and utterly remove an entire planet and build a single enormous tower out of any one block of your choice, and call it home.
    - Build a Geo-thermal laboratory on magma ocean planet, suspended in the air with only certain parts connecting to the "ground", circling the entire planet.
    - Become the pine cone!
    - Build a mural depicting the most interesting experience you've ever had in Starbound.
    - Build the largest farm you can, then bury it in magma and try to get all the food without armor or dying, and post it to show how badass you are and not even molten liquid rock can stop you.

I want to throw pine cones at all the races now. ;_;

The Squid likes this.
  10. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

We just want to admire your smooth skin.

11. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

its actually for reasons entirely unrelated to starbound
    if you ever got to the space stage in spore and met some zealots... yeah
    basically they charge you lots of money to be their ally and its easier, more fun, and you gain money for destroying their cities. so I actively destroyed them. avians are the zealots, therefore they die

12. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I'm building a death star, i half-way done!

13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Here's another one:
    Do the Lunar Base mission a bunch of times and build a cat farm.

14. SoopaDerpcat

So basically, you hate us because we have a religion, and one time another species in another universe who
    also had a religion was mean to you?

I've had it with all of you liberal hippies. We're not all the same.

Jesus is not a terrorist.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  15. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

My ideas are too funny or too stupid. (If you like them, add them into the list!)

-Become the Super Saiyan.

-Only wear the Super Saiyan hair while surviving in a meteor shower.

-Wear the Saiyan Armor while battling Dreadwing.

-Be the God of Destruction while in Permadeath Mode.

-Speed Run All bosses in less than 40 minutes.

-Only Fight Shockhopper with a spoon and no armor, only use Energy Dash and Rocket Jump.

-Battle all enemies with only using your Final Shine.(If i mean that, it's only rocket launchers. Also it's Vegeta's GT skill, duh.)

-Without Dying once on perma mode, Go through the game without saving only once, and when your done, spawn so many monsters to survive without eating one food item.

16. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

Update the wiki!

17. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

The ones who protect free-mind blindly become single-minded themselves, and also, it is called CULTURE!

18. SoopaDerpcat

Funnily enough, that's what I've always thought myself. People these days treat atheism as if it
    were a religion itself, and like Neil DeGrasse Tyson will reward staunchly dogmatic atheists in the afternothing.

19. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

it was more like hundreds of species and less of being mean, more of asking to be killed in the most brutal painful way possible (I never played peacefully)

20. Yubs

Yubs Big Damn Hero

Hey you guys, please keep this sort of conversation out of this thread! I'd prefer if the discussion was only about new ideas for the list! Just keep this side stuff in a Private Conversation or something please!