1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Novakid+ 1.4

playable mod race of the Novakid/Anodynes

1. fero323

fero323 Aquatic Astronaut

but still useless without extended character creation mod not working

cant play with novakid :/

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Shadewarp likes this.
  3. LekramG

LekramG Pangalactic Porcupine

I loooove the starting weapon as a shovel. xD The sound it makes when hitting enemies is so satisfying. :3

4. King

King Former Staff

When i eat a bandage as a Novakid my game crashes. Is that happening for anyone else?

5. King

King Former Staff

Just a heads up, your mod might have a crashing issue with the new update. Though im not sure whats causing the crash. But it is when i eat a bandage... But i just tested it with non novakid and it crached for a floran too... but it wasnt crashign before i installed the mod so im confused...

EDIT: nevermind found the problem was Industrialzation's update.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...rbound-edition-ise.51045/page-38#post-1722674

6. Soude

Soude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Slight issue with your mod due to the new update.

The flag and Anodyne statue are showing up as PGIs, all you need to do is go into the .object files and remove the quotation marks around the "price" field and then they'll work fine!

Bietol likes this.
  7. Mog-Why

Mog-Why Starship Captain

Hey! The log tells me this with the last version :
    Code:
    Warn: Missing inventoryIcon for chestplant1, using default
    Error: Error loading object file /objects/generic/anodynestatue/anodynestatue.object: VariantException: Improper conversion to int from string in get("price")
      00A6DEF3 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:13)
      00836844 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarVariant.cpp:524)
      006134CB (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarObjectDatabase.cpp:374)
      004ECC36 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:206)
      004016C8 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:306)
      009801DC (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:74)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll

Warn: Missing inventoryIcon for barvent, using default
    Error: Error loading object file /objects/generic/flagnovakid+/flagnovakid+.object: VariantException: Improper conversion to int from string in get("price")
      00A6DEF3 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:13)
      00836844 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarVariant.cpp:524)
      006134CB (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarObjectDatabase.cpp:374)
      004ECC36 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:206)
      004016C8 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:306)
      009801DC (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:74)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll

Warn: Missing inventoryIcon for wreckvent, using default
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[anodynestatue, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'anodynestatue'
      ... (3)
      005D39DD (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRecipeDatabase.cpp:33)
      ... (2)
      004ECC3E (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:209)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll

Error: Could not instantiate item '[anodynestatue, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'anodynestatue'
      ... (3)
      0059EFE7 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarItemDatabase.cpp:219)
      005D4206 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRecipeDatabase.cpp:76)
      004ECC3E (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:209)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll

... (3)
      0059F775 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarItemDatabase.cpp:249)
      005D4206 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRecipeDatabase.cpp:76)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll

Error: Could not instantiate item '[flagnovakid+, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'flagnovakid+'
      ... (3)
      005D39DD (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRecipeDatabase.cpp:33)
      ... (2)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll

Error: Could not instantiate item '[flagnovakid+, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'flagnovakid+'
      ... (3)
      0059EFE7 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarItemDatabase.cpp:219)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll

... (3)
      0059F775 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarItemDatabase.cpp:249)
      7650336A KERNEL32.dll
      776C9F72 ntdll.dll
      776C9F45 ntdll.dll
    All works fine exept this, the Shiplocker loads one Coal instead of one of the two starter seeds, and have no pretty background layer!

Hope this helps !

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Error: Error loading object file /objects/generic/anodynestatue/anodynestatue.object: VariantException: Improper conversion to int from string in get("price")

Basically, there's numbers being specified as strings. Furious Koala is furiously typesafe. So for example the price for the anodynestatue object is given as "price" : "100" or whatever it costs, while it should be "price" : 100. A lot of other errors then spiral forth from this, such as not being able to instantiate the broken anodynestatue.

9. Mog-Why

Mog-Why Starship Captain

Yep, I've read lots of things like this in the forums since the update. But my knowledge is very limited about this and I prefer returning more errors than less, in case of they aren't the only ones!

This is a bad time to go, things will get better soon, I hope !

10. Tenumbra

Tenumbra Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, loving this mod!

I was using Sky's Ship mod because I felt as though the ships were too small, and making the switch from a large ship to the default one was disappointing. I asked him if it's possible for him to make one that supports your mod - he said he can't.

So what I wanted to ask is, is it possible for you to expand on the ship a bit? Everything else about the mod is amazing, loving it!

11. Huh. Are you sure that's the latest version? Because I just addressed that very issue of prices as strings.

Soude and Kawa like this.
  12. Mog-Why

Mog-Why Starship Captain

I just realize that I've downloaded few minutes before the last update, everything works fine now, it's my fault, sorry!

Bietol likes this.
  13. summitslaughter

summitslaughter Big Damn Hero

It tells me there is a "Bad Parsing Error at line 1:1 should be "{"

JsonParsingException: Error parsing json: bad object, should be '{' at 1:1 009B78E2

14. Does the log say which file?

15. summitslaughter

Let me get the logs for you real quick

16. summitslaughter

---------------------------
    Error
    JsonParsingException: Error parsing json: bad object, should be '{' at 1:1
    009B78E2 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarVariant.hpp:14)
    008398D9 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/core/StarVariant.cpp:186)
    004F1FA9 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:263)
    004F33D2 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:66)
    ... (2)
    004EBCA1 (\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

OK

Do you need a different type of log?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  17. That's the log, but I think the important identifying parts of it might come just before the section you pasted.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Actually that's the error message box. You can tell from the ----- and "OK".

19. 'doh! And here I thought "ERROR" meant "This is where the Error begins," and "OK" meant "Everything past here was OK."
    Thanks for pointing that out, Kawa!

Summit Slaughter, we'll need to look at the [starbound.log] file; it should be in your game's gamedata folder (the root Starbound folder by default)