1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed My game is broken

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by JaxxOfAllGames, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxxOfAllGames

JaxxOfAllGames Intergalactic Tourist

I recently purchased Starbound and it literally won't play, I want my money back

2. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Cool, did you buy from Steam? Then no, you won't have your money back.

Also, you need to post more information :).

Specs, error message, what happens etc etc.

segundoblz, Kohl124 and Kitten Pryde like this.
  3. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you mean it lags to much to play or that it wont start? As swefox said post more info or no one can understand and help you. Also your logfile for crashes

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  4. LordQ

LordQ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is probably relevant:

Stalking for the win.

Paco495, Gunslinger and Kitten Pryde like this.
  5. SweFox

SweFox Guest

lol haha! Why didn't you include that in your own thread.

There are loads of possible fixes for that. I tried them all to no avail. The only thing that worked for ME was turning on UAC in Windows.

6. LordQ

LordQ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He posted it a month ago back on the 9th of December. You would think this issue would be solved by now. :zzz:

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  7. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Oh wow!

Haha that makes this hilarious.

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  8. RizingAzure

RizingAzure Orbital Explorer

The game has received 4~5 patches since I started playing it and I'm still getting the same access violation errors sometimes upon quitting the game. TIY has been working on a lot of bug fixes but none of the changelogs I've read so far even mention this error. It doesn't make the game unplayable or break my saves, but rather feels like some kind of memory leak.

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  9. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Steam does allow refunds actually. I don't know if this applies to early accsess games though.

I know ashes 2013 was refunded but that was probably because of how horrible it was.

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  10. SweFox

SweFox Guest

There has been a few rare games that has been refundable. But other than that they only offer a one time refund on any pre-order and calls it a "nice gesture".

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  11. RizingAzure

RizingAzure Orbital Explorer

Since early access is essentially a pre-order, and steam refunds pre-orders only, yeah, but even that doesn't work every single time, just some times. I have no idea what the criteria for that is though. You just can't ask for refunds on an officially released game, afaik.

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  12. Noobverest

Noobverest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think most companies do allow refunds but they won't sell it to you ever again or something?

That was how it was in guild wars 2 i think? (didn't ask for refund so i don't remember), they were like:

"arena net will refund you your money since you're so unhappy about it but we won't accept your card ever again!!"

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  13. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Thanks for clarifying.

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  14. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

To be more accurate - Game is Fine. It's your computer which is broken.
    If the game it self were broken, no one on the forums would be able to play.

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  15. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Actually, it's the game.

16. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

What's the difference between "won't play" and "literally won't play"?

17. AdamJ

AdamJ Big Damn Hero

Because it LITERALLY will not play, not just "It kinda doesn't want to play." MAXIMUM ASSERTION OF THE NOT PLAYING. CAPSLOCK LITERALLY EVERYWHERE.

Fiben Bolger likes this.
  18. Macish

Macish Void-Bound Voyager

the second is more literal? :p

I'm assuming you have tried the possible fixes in this thread?

http://community.playstarbound.com/...ry-these-if-youre-having-issues.35207/page-16

If you have, you have a few options...

appeal to Steam, appeal to the devs, or wait until the next patch (due pretty soon...a day or 2 im guessing) and hope that fixes the problem...

Hope you get it sorted buddy, its a good game and worth the effort ;)

19. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

So a simple "won't play" means it actually does play? That makes no sense.

20. AdamJ

AdamJ Big Damn Hero

Well, if you want to analyse it, "it won't play" could be anything, "I can get to the title screen, but it won't actually let me play", or "it won't play Cluedo with me :<"
    If it LITERALLY will not play, then it won't play anything, and is a stick in the mud. Or it won't even start up.

Hey, anyone else remember those days when people used to post relevant information when asking for help, instead of "It just doesn't WORK."?
    Yeah, me neither.

Black--snow and Fiben Bolger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.