1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Logistics Frigate Reborn v4.5c v. Spirited Giraffe

Logistics Frigate Reborn

1. n8rtw

n8rtw Aquatic Astronaut

could you make a quick youtube video of upgrading the ship from tier 1 to the highest tier? just to show what it looks like?

2. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

Moveable ship parts is easy will have it in the final draft, and I really like your upgrade path going to make it the release path.[DOUBLEPOST=1434339896][/DOUBLEPOST]
    When you start out the doors are all locked, and the ladder platforms are sealed, same size ship and everything. Each upgrade is just unlocking more of the ship, sadly it is nothing fancy I can make a quick animation for v3.0.
    LogisticsFrigateReborn_Layout.gif

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  3. graycatgrayhat

@lazarus78 @Ancev Caine
    This is another beta version of v4.0, everyone is welcome share input or report bugs (base kit defaults to floran). I recommend using Extra Zoom Levels to view the ships outside as I have a decal of would be decal locations shown in pink, also all upgrade/repair paths are complete with broken doors and high health hazard blocks (very clean looking IMO) dividing the levels tell upgraded.
    beta 2 v4.0

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

So you went with the avali ship layout? In which case you are stuck on the bridge and halway till you can get to T4.

And no "lit" overlays.

5. graycatgrayhat

The layout feels cleaner and more refined so moving to it made sense, as for the lit overlays just have not made them, will be one of the last stops before release but still plan to have them.

6. lazarus78

Before Mr Beeftime went MIA, he posted some themed containers. I figured I would fix them up and make them useable.

[​IMG]
    Those are all the original colors, so naturally they can be altered.

Interested for the ship?

Old_Crazy_Gamer likes this.
  7. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi all, @lazarus78 Like the containers, any idea what size and capacity there going to be.

8. lazarus78

Well they could be anything really. Max vanilla size is 64. Game dimentions, they are 13 (12.5) wide by 8 tall, so they are fairly sizable objects. I could rework them smaller, or have differetn sizes. I duno.

9. graycatgrayhat

I will sh!t you not I was just working on containers, but forgot about these (had seen them a bit back) I attached "some" data I was using for reference.
    I was very early in the idea planning phase so I would love to see what you have in mind, and link to your release on the LFR page when they are ready?
    EDIT: Also any help I can offer just ask :rofl:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434430073][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Seems that about 200-400 might be a reasonable size?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  10. lazarus78

Remade them. They felt too big.

[​IMG]

Id say make them like shipping containers which hold 64. Anything more would require a custom interface and whatnot, which I don't like to do if it can be avoided.

11. graycatgrayhat

@lazarus78 To true, I like that size as well more like a storage container then a shipping container. Once we have native 128 or more the larger images can be tied back in or what not.[DOUBLEPOST=1434434191][/DOUBLEPOST]Those interested here is a final beta of v4.0 next stage is release, all input is welcome. final beta v4.0

12. lazarus78

A decent size.

[​IMG]

What would be a good recipe be?

13. graycatgrayhat

Low enough players can make a few without it being a struggle, enough to make it worth making. It still "would" take a good amount of metal to produce that size of container though, also maybe a higher tier item for the "lock" just to spice the recipe up.

14. lazarus78

15. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat updated Logistics Frigate Reborn with a new update entry:

v4.0 v. Spirited Giraffe "Zero Requiem"

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1434493631][/DOUBLEPOST] Wonderful :rofl: hope everyone checks these out.

lazarus78 likes this.
  16. AskalCanrith

AskalCanrith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dunno if you caught this already but the most recent download's frigate_lit_back file for the blue ship color is in a different file format: .pdn. I don't know if this would make a different or not as I changed mine to a .png before installing. Otherwise, great ship and hoping to see more color variations and decals in the future.

graycatgrayhat and lazarus78 like this.
  17. graycatgrayhat

Nice catch this should not be, a .pdn is the RAW editing format I use well working on the images I will post an updated version shortly. Also decals are in the works, and more colors will be added hopefully from v4.5-v5.0 releases.

AskalCanrith likes this.
  18. graycatgrayhat

19. graycatgrayhat

Ship hulls look great just tell me when they are ready for a official link on the Logistics Frigate Reborn. No approval needed but nice to know they are ready for prime time.

Once the thrusters are ready as well I would love to put them in the release Logistics Frigate Reborn with credit to you of course. I had looked in to making a new one myself but got fairly side tracked it never happened :rofl: I see great mind think alike.

20. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Well, what exactly are you trying to do, lol.