1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Logistics Frigate Reborn v4.5c v. Spirited Giraffe

Logistics Frigate Reborn

1. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat Pangalactic Porcupine

DarkRadience submitted a new mod:

Logistics Frigate Reborn - Logistics Frigate Reborn

Read more about this mod...

2. graycatgrayhat

3. graycatgrayhat

DarkRadience updated Logistics Frigate Reborn with a new update entry:

v1.0 v. Spirited Giraffe "Fresh Out of Beta, Release One"

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. betailas

betailas Subatomic Cosmonaut

You have forgotten to tell us that all files named florant0.structure and so on are also have to be renamed. I've spent about 40 minutes to find it out.

graycatgrayhat likes this.
  5. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

I'm wondering how small this ship will be when you initially start out in it?
    Cause you stated it'll be upgradable and/or repaired

6. graycatgrayhat

I did not notice they did, an oversight from just testing it on only floran race, that is my fault. I will update the HOW TO section of my README to reflect this, in v3.0 I will have ready made race ship folders.
    It is hard to push edits across all races for the time so I have been working with just one race to get it build, thanks a bunch for pointing this out.

The art and sprites are not my own original work so making they ship physically smaller is not in my plans going to v2.0. How ever it will be repairable from the S.A.I.L component, like the default ships this will just go though the same repair steps. Ship upgrades will be based on the sections/compartments of the ship, unlocking more areas with each upgrade. I have yet to lay everything out so if you have any suggestions in this area please feel free to share them.

EDIT: I have made a rough layout of what the upgrades will unlock and the order see the following:
    LogisticsFrigateReborn_Layout.png

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  7. graycatgrayhat

betailas likes this.
  8. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, really like the mod. Keep up the great work.

9. betailas

betailas Subatomic Cosmonaut

10. LordInfinitius

LordInfinitius Void-Bound Voyager

I've followed the instructions and such, renamed the race folder and renamed the structure parts. Made a new character, the game crashes on start of human characters (which I placed it as). However, it works with every other race. So I'm extremely confused on why this is occuring. Can you give me any help?

11. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Hi all, Had the same problem. I went back and checked the spelling of the folder and files. Fixed the problem for me at least. IF your still having problems are you playing in stable or unstable and any mod conflicts.

@DarkRadience Hey by any chance when you get this to the next tier of updates could you find time to make a version that doesnt have view ports except the one in the bridge. Thank you in advance, if you cant no problem. Keep it up.

12. graycatgrayhat

DarkRadience updated Logistics Frigate Reborn with a new update entry:

v1.1 v. Spirited Giraffe "Fresh Out of Beta, Release One Point One B"

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1433882233][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Please try the attached version it worked within my test area, hope it corrects any problems for you. This file needs no changes it is ready to be used as is.[DOUBLEPOST=1433884067][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You are referring to where I have circled in green in the attached image right?
    LogisticsFrigateReborn_Layout2.png
    Two solutions come to mind a quick fix, and more of a full fix both would fork off in to an alternative version call no view ports (NVP). Quick fix would leave the images but make them able to be covered and covered by default simple edit of the block images (frigate0blocks.png). Full fix would include editing the ship image and the block images. Either way I would want to wait tell v3.0 to edit these after I have finished the upgrade layout.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  13. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Hi all, @ DarkRadience - Correct. I thought about both methods: Method 1 great and easy. Method 2 editing the ship image gave me headaches (using MS paint, for some reason background starfield got messed up somehow). So I will leave it in your hands. Thankyou

14. n8rtw

n8rtw Aquatic Astronaut

so im assuming this mod replaces normal ship look, and on that assumption, does this mean you replaced ALL the tiered versions of the ship? if so, can you post a photo set (similar to the one you have on the page) of how the ship looks from beginning to end? similar to how they show it on the starbound wiki pages? thanks! :)

15. graycatgrayhat

The attached is a complete No View Port Edition of everything. Extract it to your desktop, as the RACE folder will need to be renamed nothing else. Then just move the new "LogisticsFrigateReborn" folder in to your mods location be sure to overwrite everything when it asks.[DOUBLEPOST=1433893115][/DOUBLEPOST]
    #6 <--Here I posted a small bit about that Ishrindor had asked, I did not want to post that large image again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  16. graycatgrayhat

I would love some open community forums style input on Logistics Frigate Reborn(LFR) Lore, this should be a wide range of lore please do not limit it to small or large ideas, all input is welcome.
    This will be the next project after v3.0 is complete, and would really take the LFR to a higher quality MOD.
    Please feel free again to post ideas here or in a PM if you prefer, if need be I can attempt to make two threads one for general/lore and one for support issues.

17. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

A large frigate used to resupply human colonies out in the cosmos! With earth now lost (Overtaken or destroyed, lore on that is unclear), most of humanity is spread around, and the need for large scale frigates has dropped almost entirly. As humans slowly regain their strength, these frigates are being brought back to service to act as staging points for explorers to seek out new planets, new life, and maybe, a new home.

That's all I got.

18. graycatgrayhat

<3 Wonderful I knew everyone had something even a that was worth me asking, I think with more time and input LFR will have all the lore one could handle. Going to make a Starbound human decal set (small copy paste) just to get it on paper.

EDIT: That is a Eureka Seven avatar if I not mistaken right? If so very nice, just watched it for the first time recently.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  19. graycatgrayhat

graycatgrayhat updated Logistics Frigate Reborn with a new update entry:

v2.0 v. Spirited Giraffe "Dead Man's Switch"

Read the rest of this update entry...

Old_Crazy_Gamer likes this.
  20. Scorpion567

Scorpion567 Subatomic Cosmonaut

what is the point to the colours. if you can add an avali style class of ship