Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Daemoniaque

Daemoniaque Void-Bound Voyager

All those ships make me feel like i'm a noob... well, I guess I should be used to that.

2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

We all start somewhere... don't be discouraged, be inspired!
    The issue with having zero gravity is you can't walk through the ship normally. But zero gravity is necessary to have full abliity to move around the ship and build quickly. Having the build blueprint is also useful so you can put the ships on multiple planets if you want. I have a zero G movement mod to travel the asteroids easily, as well as a force staff for moving rapidly if needed. I have a teleport gun too that comes with the Frakin Universe mod for teleportation.
    My personal mod is a redesign of Madtulips spaceship mod. The zero g, atmospheric systems where buggy and quite laggy on big builds, however... so I have them disabled. It also couldn't work with custom races, nor allow you to use the original ships if wanted. BYOS solves all those issues.
    I look forward to seeing your completed cruiser :)

3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

My first vanilla ship was a collection of boxes in a mess of a spaceship. My second ship was a personal Apex Cruiser. I only started making custom ships after that, and I always use creative mods so I'm still a n00b :3
    Trust me, think of a ship or find a reference picture, and just start building. It will just make itself after that.

I see your problem with zero-g - it is exactly the reason why I build ships in the real shipworld in the first place. There are no enemies, and I can use the /setgravity command to toggle between normal gravity (80) and zero gravity. I always use the spawnable item pack anyway, on a special cheater character, so I have no qualms with cheating gravity up and down.
    It's a shame the oxygen systems are laggy, it'd be quite cool. Would actually give a use to my two-door airlocks. But eh.
    I personally use a Floran-only edited version of skhmt's old mod. It suits my needs as I'm gonna cheat in everything I need anyway, and I don't really play Floran. (I always go human, although I think the plantpeople are cool too.)

As for the ship - it's not going to be done any time soon. I'd have to tear apart half the design I have now as it became too laggy for this potatoputer to handle. And I'm playing other games right now. :3

SivCorp likes this.
  4. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

20170916140124_1.jpg
    Man...Limited space really sucks.

Also I have no idea what I am doing, which doesn't exactly aide my situation.

Waffielz, The Squid and Parrotte like this.
  5. Daemoniaque

Thanks for the advice. But, I was wondering... from wich mod are those shiny blue sloped block that everyone seems to use ?

6. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

7. Daemoniaque

8. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I don't know about the sloped ones. I assume they are custom by the people themselves.

9. Daemoniaque

Well, That's too bad...

Anyway... I made a little ship, just to try...

[​IMG]

10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Pretty cool! Though it seems that the ship has seats for two in the cockpit...and I only see one bunk.

That is...unless they are like...hot bunking or some crazy thing like that.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Parrotte likes this.
  11. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

I'm assuming you mean the sloped engine blocks. Those are actually a personal mod of Pohany's along with a lot of the little decorations he uses. I spent a long time looking through mods for them too.

Daemoniaque likes this.
  12. Daemoniaque

Well, It's because I hadn't enought place for 2, But it can be explained by the fact that you will always need someone awake to keep everything right on the ship...

13. Daemoniaque

Thanks for the info.

14. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I think that is an amazing first attempt; keep experimenting with designs and you could makes some very impressive ships. Do not be afraid to show-off what you have built, from what I have seen, the Starbound community is very friendly.

Daemoniaque likes this.
  15. Daemoniaque

Thanks ! That's really motivating.

16. Daemoniaque

More ! More ! Moooore ! And a bigger one !

[​IMG]

17. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I like your shaping. The ship design is great! The next thing to do is to start working in other blocks to break up the single hull coloration. Look over some other creations and continue to experiment ;)

18. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

@Daemoniaque Not only are there great examples here but the ships that you encounter in vanilla Starbound can provide some excellent inspiration.

19. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Look at spaceship art and pictures on google or wherever too. They can give you ideas on how to add some details to the outside of your ship, or for interiors :D

20. Daemoniaque

Thanks for those advices. I will try to remember it.

And I made a new one, again, but not in the same style. It's a protectorate academy spaceship, for studying in deep space, because... They can.

[​IMG]

Parrotte and SivCorp like this.