Modding Discussion Is there a mod that makes declined crew members return to normal life?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Wa.luigi.time, Feb 16, 2020.

?

Would such a mod be a good idea?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wa.luigi.time

Wa.luigi.time Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was wondering if there is a mod that lets declined invites to join your crew make npcs go back to their normal behaviour. I don't like how I get attached to an npc and then they either want to join my crew or not function as a proper npc anymore.
    If there isn't such a mod already, can anyone help me make one?
    I only have experience making dumb hat mods so I need help.

2. rl.starbound

rl.starbound Phantasmal Quasar

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/recruit-timer.5684/

There are a couple such mods. I made this one to do exactly what I wanted. When an NPC "graduates" to ask you to join your crew, in vanilla they permanently change to a recruit. The problem with a mod to just tell them "no" and then they go back to normal is that if they walk far enough away from you after the prompt appears, that cancels the prompt, which counts as a no, and then that character you actually did want to recruit goes back to being an NPC... So instead, I set a time limit on each recruit. When an NPC goes into recruit mode, a 1/2 hour time limit is set. If you haven't added them to the crew by then, they "degraduate" and go back to being whatever they were before. This gives you enough time, for example, to beam back to your ship, remove an existing crew member from your party, and return back to recruit the new member. It also keeps towns from filling up with unwanted recruits.

Wa.luigi.time likes this.