1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

how should Florans mate?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ariexe, Apr 20, 2013.

?

How do you think florans should mate?

1. Rub their butts?

125 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. self pregnacy

34 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. it just happens

23 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. normal male/female intercourse

59 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. MAGIC

40 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. other

43 vote(s)
    13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I will probably jump off a cliff after making this joke. It's because their is no friendship here. :x

The voting has demolished this joke lol

2. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

Made by a dev no less...

3. Bynn_Error

Bynn_Error Cosmic Narwhal

Magic got removed we use SCIENCE now!

I am also REALLY surprised you did not go find that post from rho a page back haha!

[Also I voted self pregnancy I forgot to put that on my first post.]

4. Coramnis

Coramnis Industrial Terraformer

I voted for MAGIC! I AM THE 5.6%

EDIT: Was. I was the 5.6%

5. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Self-preggo seems to work for plants, because one plant contains the male and female gender in one body.

6. syrian_gamer

syrian_gamer Tentacle Wrangler

Why dont they mate like in avatar? Or i guess if they are plants, no need to mate? just plant a seed in the ground

7. Ariexe

Ariexe Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't understand O-o

8. RedScarWolf

I think Bynn is talking about my link.

9. Bynn_Error

Bynn_Error Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah that was me failing at typing the page you linked to go back one page and I think you will find the post from rho there,
    I seem to be failing at typing lately. sorry about that.

10. Serenity

You can always cross breed by removing some parts, so that new ones will be made making new heterozygous dominant florans and few homozygous recessive florans. We went over genetics in biology recently. Then again florans could be different from flowering plants.

11. Serenity

Photosynthesis is to create energy (sugar) and atp, 0xygen being a waste product.

12. RedScarWolf

Here, read the first post, it might shed some light on the subject.

13. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Florans dont have tails, so It wouldnt really work out.
    Doesnt mean all plants can self mate, some plants need other plants near them to mate.
    Male humans have a body construct of the male/female genes of XY. Females only have YY. And male humans cant self mate, for proof, why would males have nipples if they really dont have a use? males wouldn't if they only had the X construct.

14. Fox Soul

Fox Soul Aquatic Astronaut

Magic, They will talk to each other with hearts floating above them and POOF a new child is born. We will name him steve.

15. Serenity

Shed light lol nice pun, I am anti butt rubbing I am no felstar or ghostar lol. Let there be science.

16. Ariexe

Ariexe Pangalactic Porcupine

There are the traditonal barbaric florans, the butt rubbing florans, than the anti butt rubbin florans

17. Serenity

How about the butt rubbing is the pre ritual and then the mating is standard plant mating they have flowers after all.

18. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

I'm still so confused by how concerned you guys are over how plant people in a video game mate.

Just a quick reminder for you guys who wanna think of how the Florans mate: Florans are unisex.
    There are no male Florans, there are no female Florans. They don't really have the traditional naughty bits.
    They do have different body types that look like male/female, but inside they're all the same.

A fun fact, actually, is that when Rho and I were coming up with the concept for them, they had one body type. The original idea was that there wasn't a gender option for them. I think the first sprite Rho made was based on the female base, but didn't have breasts.
    But in the end, Tiy wanted them to still have the two body types, because otherwise that would be one less customization option.

★ ★ ★ THE MORE YOU KNOW.★ ★ ★

19. RedScarWolf

Okay, that sounds perfect, a mix of culture with a dash of science.

20. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Im fine with anything, as long as theres no moaning or sh...stuff like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.