1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Haven't touched Starbound since 2013, what's new?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by IReallyHateYouPeople, Aug 3, 2018.

1. IReallyHateYouPeople

IReallyHateYouPeople Pangalactic Porcupine

I dropped Starbound a few days after release and hadn't looked back until I got into Stardew Valley, looked at it in my steam library and noticed it has a workshop now with a lot of mods, which raised my interest.

So what's changed since 2013 in terms of game updates? I'm considering giving it another go.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Someone else will probably be able to better answer. There is a complete, albeit short, campaign to play through and two major additions are mechs and vaults. I can't say much more than that because I wasn't playing back then so I don't know what else is significantly different.

3. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2013 it was still in Early Access, right? Tons of changes since then. Hunger, food doesn't stack (and rots), crafting takes time, racial AIs have been replaced with a generic one, there's a full campaign, lots and lots of changes.

Plus fishing, ranching, mechs, player built space stations, and ancient vaults which are like postgame raids.

If you already have the game it's worth going back to, unless you really didn't like it back in '13.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

5. IReallyHateYouPeople

6. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

7. IReallyHateYouPeople

M_Sipher and Starwire like this.
  8. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Well it's up to you, friend. Enjoy your adventures. :)