1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed FTL drive quest broken

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by WulphJay, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WulphJay

WulphJay Orbital Explorer

server crashed as i turned in the quest. the quest in completed and S.A.I.L no longer gives the option for the quest. I cannot input fuel or even activate the panel to input fuel, and when i sit in the cockpit, it confirms that my FTL drive is not active. Is there any way to console in my FTL drive fixed?

nimmerland likes this.
  2. meepcrux

meepcrux Void-Bound Voyager

mine just crashed after the boss killed me

3. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

Same as here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...he-mission-to-repair-ftl-cant-add-fuel.87331/

Starbound stable branch, Update from Enraged Koala U4 to Upbeat Giraffe
    Windows 7 x64, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB latest Driver

Yesterday: OpenGL, New character. Game crashed after died in mine and quit the game on the ship (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error).
    Completed Mining Quest and got reward, beamed to ship, opened SAIL, game crashed (same Runtime Error) but could repair FTL.
    Run the game again after reboot and it crashed when tried to access the fuel panel.

Today: After the new update the game does not crash when trying to open the fuel panel, but it still does not work. FTL seems still broken. Quest is completed.
    (tried to redo the mission, but died on the boss.. no need to do it AGAIN from beginning atm, this particular behaviour is kind of annoying - maybe there should be an option to reset the mission if one likes to repeat it)
    With liquid erchius quest completed, fuel panel doesn't work.

64bit crashed after beaming from gate after visiting the outpost. Starbound.log doesn't show loading of shipworld, even though it has been displayed.

Other things:
    When selecting the local gate at the navigation computer and hover the mouse over the go button, it still says "no planet selected". It flies to the gate though.
    Penguin bay doesnt work on the starting outpost. Penguin mission already accepted. That seems to be intended.
    Open and close chests, storage and other windows with "E" doesn't work, it repeats to open instead.
    Beamed down the first desert planet to get oil - mini boss at the landing position. hit me once instantly and died.
    Bandits spawn buried in the ground.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. nimmerland

As Laserdance123 did (link on top of my recent post) making a new character and gift his items to the new one worked for me, even with OpenGL 64bit.
    Other Post for this Case: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/crashing-after-dying-at-lunar-base.89855/

5. WulphJay

WulphJay Orbital Explorer

i ended up deleting my char and making a new one.

6. Vitamin C++

Vitamin C++ Void-Bound Voyager

I've had this issue too. After finishing the mine quest I tried to repair my F.T.L. drive but after finishing the repairs in S.A.I.L. the fuel panel was still broken, etc., etc. I tried using some admin commands I found in a Steam discussion on the subject, but none of them fixed the problem.

What's weird is that the game still allowed me to start the next quest line, so I know my actions registered in the game's internal logic on some level.

7. PekingDuck

PekingDuck Void-Bound Voyager

Getting the same bug. Finished the Echirus Mine Quest. Talked to SAIL to fix the FTL drive. Get a Microsoft Visual C++ error message. Game still running so I go through with it anyways. Get the Fuel quest. Complete Fuel quest. Try to put fuel in the ship. Realise it's still broken. All quests are completed, but I can't advance.

8. nimmerland

Did you get an Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error (coincidence with your username?) right after finishing the boss and beaming back to the ship like PekingDuck and I experienced? The client was still active after that and I guess the backend died, so the client completed the quest (at this point the backend was aware) but the backend never noticed that repair of the ftl, the client finished.

For me the game crashed subsequently til i gifted all my items to a new character on the same home planet. From then on all went fine as I can tell atm. Now I have to beat Starhopper Mech and it's tough, horror boss was easy compared... at least for me.

9. elderdrake

elderdrake Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue. Upon returning to the ship I received a runtime error and my FTL is not operable. The ship still appears to be in disrepair as well but I am not crashing when interacting with the fuel panel, it is just as if I did not complete the mission yet my log shows it completed.

Frustrating as the mining mission end boss took me a bit to complete and my reward is a corrupted game save. Going to attempt to above fix posted by nimmerland

Edit: Is there a means to manually edit the save file to advance the ship past the broken FTL drive tier? The quest is fine for me and nothing is bugged beyond the disconnect of the ship not advancing in repair and thus making it impossible to progress.

Edit2: Upon further research of this issue I found a workaround here-
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/2v16z2/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  10. NanoPi

NanoPi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Code:
    /admin
    /aiaction { "action": "EnableCommand", "command": "upgradeShip3" }
    /admin
    this aiaction brings back the command button in SAIL that you need after completing Erchius Mining Facility

nimmerland and elderdrake like this.
  11. nimmerland

This command worked on my old broken character. I then bought the 20 crystals from the 'gas station' at the outpost and issued the command. FTL and ship is fixed now (nice side effect: the ship had no lights and doors as I donated them to my new character when I switched. After fixing the FTL the ship is fully eqipped again).

When I repeated the Erchius Horror mission with my new character (first time went fine) the game crashed after beaming to the ship - I did not fight the boss, but I could beam to the ship after getting what I had insisted to get.
    This cute little kitten of course! It's so nice to have company.
    Neon melons in crystal tree biomes on extreme volcanic planets - is that on purpose?

12. Silverstride

Silverstride Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this happened to my friend. He couldn't fix the ftl, did the mission, but still nothing. Could get into single player without crashing his game, couldn't make new toons either. I deleted his giraffe storage folder(made a back up 1st) and tried it, and it still wouldn't work. No new toons, no single player action. I've now had to delete all game content and re-install Starbound in hopes that he can still play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.