Help! Winter Update did the mission to repair FTL - can't add fuel!

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Faustian Echoes, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Faustian Echoes

Faustian Echoes Void-Bound Voyager

I went through all of that junk and now it's acting like I didn't do the mission! It's not in SAILs list of missions, it's in the completed tab, but I can't open fuel tank and add fuel!

Felblood likes this.
  2. Mority

Mority Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same Problem
    I did repair the thrusters but cant repair the fuel tank[DOUBLEPOST=1419084316][/DOUBLEPOST]you can drive with zero cost in the system
    you need to click at the gate bevore clicking go

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

yeah, have this issue myself, was debating on trying another character to see if it follows that. I did have an error pop up just as i finished that mission tho. do not remember the details, as it closed out SB when i clicked ok.

4. rabbivole

rabbivole Orbital Explorer

For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat. Went to the outpost thinking that might continue the quest and let me put fuel in the tank, but no dice. I can't open the Penguin Bay shop, on the off chance that's related.

OSX version.

5. Fallen_Reality

Fallen_Reality Void-Bound Voyager

I was stuck until I figured out you need to do quests in the Outpost until you get a certain mission. They need to clarify what you need to do to progress.

6. Camshaft

Camshaft Phantasmal Quasar

yes you must go to the outpost and get the quest with the mission to the mining station.
    to get these quest you must make 1-2 quest before to geht it.
    at the end of the mining mission you get the crystals for the ftl.
    after that you must go to a moon with the o2 protection and take the viollet luiquid with the materie manipulator because that is the fuel

7. spacecoyote

spacecoyote Orbital Explorer

I'm also stuck in this problem.

8. Terrahero

Terrahero Cosmic Narwhal

Did you repair the FTL or the thrusters? This is important because there is a clear distinction between these two.

The thrusters allow you to fly around in the same solar system, this costs no fuel. Later, through outpost quests, you get to repair the FTL. Once you complete the FTL repair quest, after doing the moonbase mission, you will be able to add fuel and fly outside of your origin system.

9. Laitale

Laitale Intergalactic Tourist

When the FTL get's repaired? In which point? I have done the moonbase mission but I can't put any fuel... I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong...

10. Terrahero

Terrahero Cosmic Narwhal

After the moonbase you should have the 20 Crystals to repair the FTLdrive at the ship AI. When you did this you should be able to put in fuel.

Keep in mind the definition of fuel has changed. Coal is no longer an acceptable source of fuel, you need to get liquid erchius as described by the questlog.
    This fuel is incredibly common on Moon biome planets. Should there not be any moons in your starting system you can buy fuel from the infinity market at the Outpost for 500pixels per 20 liquid Erichus.

If however after fixing the FTL drives with the erchius Crystals you still cannot input liquid erchius into the fuel slot, you are suffering from a bug.

11. Laitale

Laitale Intergalactic Tourist

I've done the quests (well, it appears to be done), I've bough at beggining the fuel... I supose I'm suffering the bug. =( I'm playing on multiplayer mode, I don't know if it's an important fact.

It can be fixed? Or should I start from begining?

12. Laserdance123

Laserdance123 Orbital Explorer

Same bug here. Completed the Moonbase Mission with the 20 Crystals. Repaired the FTL (after the Thrusters) and then my game crashed. Started again. Mission is still compleated but ships FTL remains broken. Stuck ;(

buts still a beta...

so i put all my goods in a chest on the start planet. started over with a new char and looted all things.

it took about 2 hours to complete the mining facility mission and repair my FTL with the new char. now it worked.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    RToTheAze and nimmerland like this.
  13. Felblood

Felblood Void-Bound Voyager

I and another person on my home server are having this bug.

We completed the Erchius mission and turned it in to SAIL to get our FTL.

The ship repair animation plays, but when it has done nothing is changed. The FTL is still visibly broken and we cannot add the fuel we collect.

After a few moments the server crashed. It restarted and is working fine so IDK if it is related.

We lost all our Erchius crystals and SAIL no longer asks us for any, but we cannot leave the tutorial system.

14. Riku14654

Riku14654 Aquatic Astronaut

This actually just happened to me as well, although I'm in a singleplayer world.
    I finished the Erchius Horror fight, got the crystals and beamed up. I crashed then, had to redo the mission due to having lost my crystals. Then I got back, (after beating it again) repaired my FTL Drive and it crashed again.
    Though this time it said I had completed the mission and gave me the "Fuel" quest.
    So I went around, got a bunch of fuel on the nearby moon, came back. And I can't fuel up my ship.
    The Nav says my FTL is still down and I can't repair it again do to SAIL having said the quest is done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is there a way to change the shipworld files in a way that activates the FTL drive? Or something along those lines? I'm hoping for a work around of some sort or any help answering the questions risen.

15. andao

andao Space Hobo

I am also having this problem. Returned to my ship after the mission, then turned it in to SAIL. Repair animation and quest shows as complete, but i can't add the fuel to the fuel hatch, and ship still doesn't look repaired. Really frustrating, don't really want to fight the giant crystal again. Guess I'll wait and see if this gets patched.

16. CptConnor

CptConnor Space Hobo

Yup, im having the exact same problem, i might make a new character and just transfer the stuff over.

17. JessesanMan

JessesanMan Master Chief

18. Foxmoan

Foxmoan Space Hobo

Well thats half worked, but I also cant access the penguin bay, something that also needs to be done to progress in the game. Does anyone have a fix for that?

19. JessesanMan

JessesanMan Master Chief

I believe you need titanium armor before you can access it

20. Foxmoan

Foxmoan Space Hobo

See, id love to get titanium, but for some reason I cant access the radiation suit tech upgrade, I have blank cards and whatnot but S.A.I.L. doesnt have it on my suit list. im starting to think i liked this game better before the upgrades >.<