1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. Gretzel

Gretzel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been using a version of this mod from right after 1.0 dropped for about a week now with no problems. Updated to the 1.34 version and my game crashes before it even reaches the title screen. Any idea what the issue could possibly be? I switched back the version I had before (I believe its 1.2) and the game loads fine. I have the same mods in my folder as I have had before updating, but for some reason the game won't load with this new 1.34 version.

2. FuryAdcom

FuryAdcom Big Damn Hero

The crash is still happening, the version that's able to load is 1.31, after that version none of the updates work.

3. aldasar

aldasar Void-Bound Voyager

Is the mod creator aware of this?

4. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

Poking my beak in here to say this real quick:
    There's some erroring going on with compatibility with my Inkling Race Mod:

"[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StatusEffectDatabaseException) Duplicate stat effect named 'raceinkling', config file '/stats/effects/inkling/raceinkling.statuseffect'"

In my latest update, I've since tweaked the name of the status effect that applies as racial traits-- it's now named "inklingrace.statuseffect" and so on and so forth with associated files to avoid the duplicate stat effect. As a result, with Frackin' Races active, the game should apply both the "raceinking" and "inklingrace" status effects to all inkling characters.

If this change makes the two mods compatible, that's great -- it's 5:40 AM at time of typing this, and I'll test more in-depth tomorrow.

However, if the two mods are still incompatible after my changes, I would like to request that support for inklings be removed from Frackin' Races so that people using both mods won't encounter conflict.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    jonathonspy likes this.
  5. Lethras

Lethras Void-Bound Voyager

Installing this new update causes the Viera and human characters I'm using to have their hunger bars drop drastically fast. Like less than a minute in time from full to empty. Rolled back to previous, hunger bars are fine. Do not know if this is the mod itself, or if it's conflicting with the one that slows down hunger degrade rate to an hour's time.

6. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

where is the vespoid races abilities on the discription?
    what are they?

7. Marinebeast

Immunity to slime stickiness+friction effects and tar slowdown, takes only 25% vanilla fall damage, 115% vanilla run speed, 125% vanilla jump height, loses breath underwater 25% faster.
    Seems a bit all over the place, but their racial abilities are based of off their physical abilities in Splatoon. Quick, speedy, resilient to everything sticky and inky, but put them in water and they start dissolving.

If needed, here's the raceinkling.lua:

The defaultDuration is 300, and the raceeffects.lua has the presets for the mcontroller to accommodate the altered movement+jump speed.

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

hmm...is there a way to change that for non water liquids? like oil and slime? those are close to ink, right?

9. Marinebeast

If there's some way to do it, that'd be pretty cool, even if it'd probably be something small like continued immunities to oil+slime status and maybe increased energy regeneration.

For now, I'm going to refrain from doing anything with racial abilities until compatibility issues are fixed. I don't know if it's because 1. the effects aren't matching up or 2. the game's trying to apply multiple sets of effects with the same name, but.. well, we'll just have to see.

jonathonspy likes this.
  10. jakeedge04

jakeedge04 Void-Bound Voyager

this mod still makes my game force close at the loading screen before the title screen...

11. Tofu Mc Dog

Tofu Mc Dog Starship Captain

@jakeedge04:
    mine too, but for sayter to fix it he needs this:

[14:28:37.908] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StatusEffectDatabaseException) Duplicate stat effect named 'swimboost4', config file '/stats/effects/swimboost/swimboost4.statuseffect'

which is a line from starbound.log found in ..\Starbound\storage
    the words that I have put in bold are the ones you need to look for in your logfile.

12. jakeedge04

jakeedge04 Void-Bound Voyager

hmm same here [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StatusEffectDatabaseException) Duplicate stat effect named 'swimboost4', config file '/stats/effects/swimboost/swimboost4.statuseffect'. so we have the same problem?

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

good for you. Properly report the bug with an error log and I can take a look. Im betting you installed it without FrackinUniverse despite it clearly saying you require it :)

as for the other issues: working on a fix as we speak (hunger is fixed and live on Steam already)

Inkling: I was not aware they had racial abilities and can easily remove them from the mod if need be.

do you run the github version of FU? if so, COMPLETELY DELETE IT and re-uninstall it. I moved swimboost4 to another location. If you have been overwriting instead of deleting when you install, you now have two.

Likewise, delete the OLD version of FR before unzipping and overwriting. Everything was moved around, so of course you are going to have issues if you just dump it into the old folder

in short, that is user-error, not my error.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Acculluz

Acculluz Intergalactic Tourist

Hey sayter the mod still force closes the game on the loading screen before the title screen.. Used a clean installed starbound with any mods except FrackinRaces and FrackinUniverse.

17. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Still having a crash before main menu, even after a clean reinstall of both FU and FR, (latest version found on the forums, no github nor workshop).
    There is still this line in the log:

Edit: nevermind all of that, I'm just stupid.

18. Kaitol

Kaitol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You need to use the github version. The version from the forums is too out of date. Note the big Red "Note: The current downloadable build here is outdated. The site refuses to let me upload. Use the GitHub or Steam versions until this is fixed." At the top of the Frakin' Universe page.

It works fine for me with the Github version, but if I swap out for the .pak from the forums it crashes every time.

19. Gretzel

Gretzel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where do you see this? It doesn't appear under the Overview section on my screen. All I see is a full page of people reporting that nothing works past 1.31 and the author ignoring all of it and continuing to upload broken files that won't load.

20. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Oh alright, thanks for telling me.

It is on the main mod page.