1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. Axel_nflames

Axel_nflames Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, the advanced construction bit reminded me of something, and after some googling around, I found out what is akin to it. The game Rogue Galaxy had a crafting system very similar to what you got planned. I would suggest taking notes on it; I think you can use it to your advantage. Heck, if you haven't ever played this game, It's worth looking into.

2. Axel_nflames

Axel_nflames Void-Bound Voyager

Found some youtube videos on the factory, looks like 1 of 19 videos on the factory.

3. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Isn't that logo from somewhere in λ2 Ep1?

4. Reddeh

Reddeh Space Spelunker

Is this mod dead? because I havent seen warstalker post anything here since January 7th.

5. Stryfe_Khaos

Stryfe_Khaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's far from dead, but with a new patch coming out overhauling the player and universe file systems as well as wiping them, it's a safe bet that any sane mod maker would hold off till it comes out. It's only a few days from release.

VIcariousViking likes this.
  6. Reddeh

Reddeh Space Spelunker

I agree, no smart modder would mod anything like this mod is trying do with a patch so close, I was simply wondering if it was dead because his last post here was on Jan 7th, so I was wondering if he was still here, I thought he might of posted more frequently on his mods comment section.

7. MrKizer

MrKizer Void-Bound Voyager

Hope this helps those that cant get this mod to work with Custom races. After you do what it said on the main page, go in to your Races "universe_server" and change that line as well. I use Ningen race, so for me it was: ningen" : "/ships/ningen/dropship.structure", that needed to be changed to "ningen" : "/ships/default/default_ship.structure" in the races universe, not only this mods one. also i deleted the files in my custom races ship folder and cut/paste the one "default_ship" to it. I now have it working fine with the Ningen race, have not tested it with any of the others yet.

8. Asteroides

Asteroides Subatomic Cosmonaut

Still planning to work on this? Im more excited about mod like yours than starbound itself. The game is allrite but could be so much more

9. Asteroides

Asteroides Subatomic Cosmonaut

10. trevrar

trevrar Orbital Explorer

Wow massive props for the in-depth plan, this sounds like its going to be a massive mod. I can wait to see where this goes.

11. Thanks people. Sure I'm planning to work on this. And not only planning but also working :)

12. WarStalkeR updated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra with a new update entry:

Version 0.049: Size Variations & Version Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. mortexiz

mortexiz Void-Bound Voyager

1) Go to fuu_paaa folder. Run unpack_mod batch script.
    2) Another fuu_paaa folder will appear. Go there.
    Why "FUU" and not "FFU" :D

WarStalkeR likes this.
  14. TCESylver

TCESylver Title Not Found

Love this mod!

However the super op manipulator makes it quite easy to gather lots of materials. Would it be possible if that one was made into a crafting recipe with end tier materials?

SimmPole likes this.
  15. Oh thanks :D
    It seems my tiredness started showing through my posts :D

16. kokusu

kokusu Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,
    if i play with this mod on my server (where the mod is also installed) it somehow only shows the interior and background of the ship, but not anything related to the hull. Do you know any solution for that problem? I only have FFU and the extended songbook with some songs installed.
    It also just shows me the new objects as "Perfectly Generic Items"
    Thanks for the great mod^^

17. Are you sure that your server has mod installed correctly? Also check server log files to see if it loads mod files.

18. kokusu

kokusu Void-Bound Voyager

I copied the mod-folder as usually just into the starbound\mods folder, like i would do it normally. I checked the server log, but can't find anything related to mods in there, though i have to admit that i also don't know what exactly i have to find in there.

EDIT: Somehow it works now, even though i didn't change anything^^

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  19. Hmm... Strange, now that you told me, I don't see anywhere in logs that mod is loaded.

But anyway, for my server in order to load mod correctly mod should be likes this:
    ./starbound/mods/ffu_paaa which holds 4 files: repack_mod.bat, unpack_mod.bat, ffu_paaa.modinfo, ffu_paaa.pak