REQUEST Dragons for livestock

Discussion in 'Mods' started by fdg21, Nov 17, 2017.

1. fdg21

fdg21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

so i was thinking, why not make the animals in stardew into one of the most badassed mythological creatures of all times. Dragons. I would love to see this happen.

Cyans and HopeWasHere like this.
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

With the way the livestock files are sized, I think it might be difficult to make the larger animals (cows, goats, etc.) into large dragons, but it probably could be done. As for the smaller animals, you only get a 16x16 square to work with as opposed to the 32x32 square for the larger animals, so I would say it would be near impossible for those. However, you could turn them into some other mythical beast, like fairies or gnomes or something.

I'm sure if we got some pixel artists throwing around dragon designs we could probably find one that could fit. Do you have a type of dragon you would like to see?

• TheBests

TheBests Space Hobo

Well I think there might be a way but I am not a modder so idk

• Chelly Madock

Chelly Madock Void-Bound Voyager

• fdg21

fdg21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i saw those which is why i had the idea, heck it be cute even if oyu add dragon wings to the cow sprites and the lambs xD

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

So it just a matter of art at this point. Here is a template for the size restrictions of each frame for the animal, and an explanation of what each of the frames are. This template works for any large animal (baby cow, cow, baby goat, goat, baby sheep, sheep, sheared sheep, baby pig, and pig). I was looking for a dragon overworld spritesheet to show an example of how this could work, but the best I could find was too big: https://www.spriters-resource.com/ds_dsi/childrenofmana/sheet/41517/
            With heavy editing I could make it fit, but I'm not sure if I have the time at this moment.

Anyway, if you have questions on making animal sprites let me know

Attached Files: