RELEASED Horses to Dragons/Pegasi (+Saddleless Steeds and Hercules Pegasus)

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by Aternova, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Aternova

Aternova Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I originally just made a dragon retexture for myself, but then I started making more, and then I slapped some wings on horses... so I figured, why not post them up?

I have ideas for a bunch of other creature replacement ideas, mythologically speaking, but I dunno if I'll ever get around to it. Have these for now.

--

Download (Mediafire)

[​IMG]

3/7/16: +Saddleless versions of all sprites and the pegasus from Hercules!

[​IMG]

Instructions: Pick out which one you like; obviously pegasi are under Pegasi, and dragons are under Carrier Dragons. Under one of their color folders, you'll find "horse.xnb".

Copy "horse.xnb". Go to your Stardew Valley folder under C:\Steam\SteamApps\common. [Steam might be in either Program Files or Program Files (x86)]. Navigate to Content\Animals and paste. If you want to keep the original horse texture, make sure to back the original horse.xnb before replacing it!

--

Please let me know if I misplaced any files. I am aware of the small graphical error with the dragons' head when it runs down. Anyone know what's up with that?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • Zien

Zien Space Hobo

this is awesome!!

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Added to mod list!

• Aternova

Thanks Zien, and thanks cantors for adding it! It should be finally totally intact, now. :'D

• Gavinhawk

Gavinhawk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very nice!

• PhoenixLabella

PhoenixLabella Seal Broken

Nice. =D
              Added to my mod list.

• ShadowGX

ShadowGX Void-Bound Voyager

Possible to get versions without saddles?

• Dejiax

Dejiax Void-Bound Voyager

epic!

• googleoblivion

googleoblivion Void-Bound Voyager

Version where instead of dragons galloping they sort of glide a long the ground with wings spread? Idk if possible, would be neat.

• nprudym

nprudym Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if others would like this, but Pegasus from Hercules would be pretty cool ^_^ d00230c08461e0d34662ce2fca8afe83.jpg

• Rune Sparrow

Rune Sparrow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the dragons! They are absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing!

• Aternova

Thanks everyone! I stuck in saddleless versions and a Hercules pegasus recolor; hope you like those. I kind of wish I figured out a nice way to add the cartoony eyes though...

Googleoblivion, that sounds really cool, but there's a couple of problems with it. I'd also have to remove the horse galloping sound, or replace it with wingbeats. And the farmer's sprite would have to be edited because otherwise the legs would clip over the wings, and that would just look strange. It's possible, but I don't want to put so much time into it. Sorry ;v;

• googleoblivion

googleoblivion Void-Bound Voyager

All good, i figured it would be too much hassle for a small idea. Its great as is, and i am using it. No worries.

• Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

How about a griffon? (Wouldn't work so well with the hoofbeats, though.)

Patmos of Endtimes and tomatix like this.
                              • Gavinhawk

Gavinhawk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love these! Thanks!

• nprudym

nprudym Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my gosh thanks so much it looks perfect :DD

• tomatix

tomatix Star Wrangler

This is amazing, I feel like the kid off of how to train your dragon riding on my..well dragon :rofl:.

If you're taking any new creature suggestions, may I suggest a Chimera?
                                    The snake could be the tail..the only problem I see is making two heads fit and I don't even think that is possible so maybe just a snake tail, wings, and a lions head?

• a1243479917

a1243479917 Space Hobo

Very nice! thx~

• Aternova

I had an idea for a gryphon replacing a farm animal, probably a cow, but... well, gryphon milk doesn't make any sense. But... I do love gryphons... and what else would the cow be? Maybe they could be the pigs? (I don't know what sounds the animals make, but if it's mooing and oinking then that'll probably have to be replaced...)

In any case, the dragons took two days to pixel (way too long, I know), so even though I have a better reference this time, I'm probably not gonna make any more horse replacements (other than potential recolors).

I was thinking of a chimera for the goat but I have to wonder if the head problem will be a, well, problem in that case as well. A manticore was another idea, but it's not all that similar... it's kind of hard to find well-known cow/pig/goat creatures in mythology.

Jackalopes, cockatrices and phoenixes could be easier, though! Also maybe nekomatas and hellhounds or raijus? Or the kitsune and Anubis? I wasn't sure; does anyone know of any other well-known cats/dogs in mythology?. This is all just ideas right now, though; I have to decide if I want to put in more time and effort for them...

Vixxi likes this.
                                        • Ssree

Ssree Void-Bound Voyager

Or you could try making a baby gryphon as a cat, and maybe a manticore for a dog? And thinking mythological pig creatures, pigs with wings? They're not exactly mythical in a sense that there are legends and lore on them, but it's still a thing, I think. I'll look up other animals after lunch.