Customizable Support Bots

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Sarzael, May 4, 2012.

1. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Kinda like newer Final Fantasy Gambits system? You can tell them for example: When under 50% Life Cast "Cure" On Yourself.

2. Ricola

Ricola Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah. Or dragon age.

3. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Dragon Age got gambits? I always paused in middle of battle to tell everyone what to do O_O.

4. Ricola

Ricola Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah! Did you notice the tactics slots? That's what that was for. My cousin basically automated his entire party with that.

5. Schatzy

Schatzy Starship Captain

Great idea :D

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'm actually familiar with iterations and if-then-else commands, which would come in handy. Good thing I was at the top of the class for IT!

7. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

This sounds most interesting.

8. Blazerer

Blazerer Void-Bound Voyager

While I like the ideas you have on robot use in combat, I miss the use of them outside combat.

- Farming robots.
    - Robots that can analyse crops, and cross-breed them into better versions
    - Robots that can analyse animal species.
    - Robots that keep you updated on happenings at a planet/near a planet. (Cosmic storms, New animal specie discovered, ecosystems collapsing, water running out, your wife calling when you'll be home for dinner because she wants to visit a friend later on the evening and though you don't know her she'd really like for you to be there. Things like that)
    and based on the idea Ricalo mentioned earlier: Robots that can use and-or commands, and-and commands, if-then commands etc.

9. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I dont like the idea of Farming Robots. I dont think farming should be like simply sit somewhere while your chests fill up thanks to your farmer robots. It should be something you actually have to work on.

10. Dagorlad

Dagorlad Subatomic Cosmonaut

Until you get the tech and resources to mass-produce robots, you do have to do it yourself.

11. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Uhm no.
    Technology should make it easier and more automatized, but not fully automatized. You still have to do things by yourself.
    Added Customizable Corecard.

12. Blazerer

They can still cost energy, and as such require an immense investment to start off and maintain.

I did assume with every idea in this thread that a robotic helped would be slower in every sense than a human player. As such it would always be an assistant, not a replacement for the player.

I do wonder one thing though, what would the robot's view be on this? If any.

13. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

EXTERMINATE. All. The. Weed.

14. Blazerer

Crush. Kill. Destroy. Swag.

15. Senshiro

Senshiro Void-Bound Voyager

Put a brain control helmet on the real owner and make him put a gun on the healer :mwahaha:

16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

17. Senshiro

No No No No. The person playing the game :D. Like the real life owner?

18. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

If there exists Brain Control Helmets in real life there are also Customizable Support Bots to break those helmets! HAHAHaHaha...

19. Senshiro

I'll have the real owner at gunpoint and when he's done, I'll shoot him and leave.

20. Blazerer

What if you are being mind-controlled right now? And are lulled in a false sense of security thinking what you would do to others when given the power?

Back on topic: Bots!

I would like sentry bots. Bots that can patrol a certain path and which you can check up on using a hub-like system which allows you to look through their eyes.