1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

curious, how did you zoom out like that? o.o

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

You can set any zoom level you like in the starbound.config file (I believe as low as 0.1 worked, dunno about anything below that). Anything below a 2.0 will start to load down your system; 1.0 can be practically unusable for some people so be prepared for that if you try this.

eksynn likes this.
  3. syjsxxjy

syjsxxjy Void-Bound Voyager

I have tried all the commands above but it says No such command ,even /help, did is miss something?

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

These commands only work in the Nightly build after you use /admin to enable admin mode. They do not work in the current Stable release.

5. syjsxxjy

syjsxxjy Void-Bound Voyager

ok i get it ,thanks

6. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Does anyone knows if there's a way to use command to upgrade the MM? The SAIL MM Upgrades are broken in the current nightly, which is a shame as it's perhaps the most stable Nightly I've ever seen.

Anyone knows how to do that?

7. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

What's the command for the quest "The Joker and the Thief" that comes after the final ship upgrade? I can't figure out what he wants from the vague description.

Never mind, I figured it out.
    It was an orange.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  8. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Updated Quest/Upgrade Guide:

***QUEST/UPGRADE GUIDE***

(Quest groups and upgrades must be done in this order, completing all in a section unlocks the section below it. Each section lists the items needed to complete the quests in that section.)
    (Note that upgrades done through S.A.I.L. (MM, ship) do not require anything in admin mode (does not count ship upgrade licenses, you still need the diamonds for those quests.)

*The Beginning - Upgrade to Ship Level 1*
    ----------
    (reboot AI)
    (get matter manipulator level 0 [tile damage 1.0, block radius 2] - no requirements)
    (can now use teleporter)
    (can now unlock double jump, bounce, dash techs - each unlock requires blanktechcard)

*Fix Engines - Upgrade to Ship Level 2*
    ----------
    corefragmentore (20)
    (can now travel within the solar system)
    (can now upgrade MM to level 1 - liquid collect [tile damage 1.0, block radius 2, collect liquids] - requires silverbar (10))

*Outpost Initial Quests*
    ----------
    ironbar (20)
    liquidcoffee
    glasscoffeemug
    steelspoon

*Tier 1 Quests*
    ----------
    cake
    coolchest
    comedyscript (find it in the restroom trash can)
    diamond
    climbingrope (10)
    (last is optional, find at bottom of the outpost asteroid, use climbing ropes or grappling hook to get there)

*Erchius Mining Facility Mission Unlock Quest*
    ----------
    (Steel Armor Set - aviantier2pants, aviantier2head, aviantier2chest or your racial equivalent) (only need 1 armor piece)

*Fix FTL - Upgrade to Ship Level 3* (using reward from mission above)
    ----------
    supermatter (20)
    (can now upgrade MM to level 2 - damage increase [tile damage 2.0, block radius 2, collect liquids] - requires goldbar (10))

(You'll need to fix your FTL drive (do the Erchius Mining Facility mission) before the next section unlocks.)
    (The Penguin Bay "vendor" to the far right offers the ship upgrade quests.)

*Ship Upgrade 1 - Upgrade to Ship Level 4*
    ----------
    diamond (2) (for license)
    uraniumrod (10)
    titaniumbar (10)
    (can now unlock ground smash, rocket jump, boat techs - each unlock requires blanktechcard)
    (can now upgrade MM to level 3 - radius increase [tile damage 2.0, block radius 3, collect liquids] - requires platinumbar (10))

*Tier 2 Quests*
    ----------
    copperbar (10)
    paper (5)
    mysteriousashes
    fullwood1
    gunpowder (5)
    coconut (3)

*Ship Upgrade 2 - Upgrade to Ship Level 5*
    ----------
    diamond (4) (for license)
    uraniumrod (20)
    durasteelbar (10)
    (can now unlock morph ball, gravity bubble, lightrig(?) techs - each unlock requires blanktechcard)
    (can now get paint tool - nothing required)

*Tier 3 Quests*
    ----------
    moonemblem
    cheese
    liquidpoison
    medievalcodex
    string

*Ship Upgrade 3 - Upgrade to Ship Level 6*
    ----------
    diamond (8) (for license)
    uraniumrod (40)
    refinedrubium (3)
    refinedviolium (3)
    refindaegisalt (3)
    (can now unlock target blink, ftlboost(?), rocket boots techs - each unlock requires blanktechcard)
    (can now get wire tool - nothing required)

*Tier 4 Quests*
    ----------
    winningticket
    treasuremap
    leather
    goldenducky
    floranbonedisplay2
    prisonstonesign

*Ship Upgrade 4 - Upgrade to Ship Level 7*
    ----------
    diamond (16) (for license)
    plutoniumrod (10)
    imperviumcompound (3)
    ceruliumcompound (3)
    feroziumcompound (3)
    (can now unlock energy regen, bubble boost, shield techs - each unlock requires blanktechcard)
    (can now upgrade MM to level 4 - damage increase [tile damage 3.0, block radius 3, collect liquids] - requires diamond (10))

*Ship Upgrade 5 - Upgrade to Ship Level 8*
    ----------
    diamond (32) (for license)
    solariumstar (20)
    (can now unlock human mech, regeneration, particle thrust techs - each unlock requires blanktechcard)

*End Game Quests*
    ----------
    bluestim (5)
    paperwingsback
    medievalglobe
    orange
    bone
    kennel
    cookedfish

*Arcade Machine*
    ----------
    Beat the game to get the Winning Ticket (required by a quest above) - Currently broken, you'll need to spawn the winningticket item.
    The arcade machine will give you 100 pixels if you can turn all the squares from white to black. (Repeatable)

Start at the top row. Click the 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th squares across (it's a 9x9 so start from either side at the top).
    Move down one row. Move across the row and click the square if the square right above it is white. Repeat until all rows are black.
    I did it in 39 moves. Try to see if you can do it in less.

The arcade machine now uses a maze game. Find your way out to win.

You'll need to go back to your ship after obtaining the ship licence(s) and tell S.A.I.L. to upgrade before the next set of quests unlock.

Since it's the Nightly, everything subject to rapid change without notice.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
    Criptonix100 and Heartstrings like this.
  9. Criptonix100

Criptonix100 Void-Bound Voyager

but what about the fuel mission? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=352534960

10. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Criptonix100 likes this.
  11. Criptonix100

Thanks man!

12. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Looking at those quests, it's amazing how far we've come, and the new Stable seems to be peeking over the horizon, with every day that passes, it becomes more and more of a complete game.

Dinoyipi likes this.
  13. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

The only things I see missing for complete cheat-free progression are the rest of the Nanosuits and a way to craft the Robotic Crafting Table.

14. Criptonix100

Does the quest progress more? i thought the perfectly generated item with the speak to the same guy was the final one

EDIT: I dont get what you are saying, i want those nanosuits too where did you get them?

EDIT1.5-2:I mean the quests, where did you get the quests?
    Robotic Crafting Table can only be obtainable by /admin

EDIT3:Got Rad and Cold Protection,where is Heat :(

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  15. Tick

Tick Intergalactic Tourist

Any one know how to spawn in the traditional shoji door? I've typed it in every way I could think of but I always get a generic item.
    I type /spawnitem traditionalshojidoor #.

16. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I believe the ID you want is hylotlshojidoor.

17. swiftshadow

swiftshadow Void-Bound Voyager

sooo.... we can spawn in techs? i cant find the mechs nor find a way to cheat em in >.<

18. Marcfyre

Marcfyre Phantasmal Quasar

19. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Piggybacking your issue into another thread is considered rude and won't get you help any faster; most of the people who read this thread already frequent the Support forums.

SivCorp likes this.
  20. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

you have to have your ship to the proper level to use them.... and you need blank tech cards. spawn in tech cards with /spawnitem blanktechcard. And upgrade your ship by spawning in the high ship tier. /spawnitem shipT8.

That should get you most of the techs. Some may be tied to quests, thought.

Dunto likes this.