1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed [Bug List] Community Made

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tossing, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tossing

Tossing Intergalactic Tourist

I noticed that the General Bug Thread is 70+ pages of the same bugs over and over. So I'm going to make a list of bugs and help the community organize what they've found.

Post bugs you've found that aren't on the list and I'll add them. Include screen shots if you can. Also tell me what you were doing so I can try to confirm the bugs.

Also if you want to help confirm bugs you are more then welcome to.

I'll Cross Out ones they are fixing or have been fixed

Thanks

BUGS:

Confirmed: High Priority Bugs

Confirmed: Low Priority Bugs
    • Eye blinking animation is noticeable while sleeping. (I didn't even know there was an eye blinking animation haha) http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/bugs-i-have-encountered-so-far-feedback.37536/
    • Flying to a planet you can't land on get's you stuck in warp speed
    • You can still beam out "underground" if you dig out all the background to the surface above you. (only works to a certain depth)
    • Sitting in a chair that is in the very front of the ship will get you stuck when you stand up.
    [​IMG]
    • When you warp to someone's ship and they are sleeping, their display animation is standing in place instead of sleeping.
    • Confirmed torches in acid
    Not Confirmed / Can't Replicate
    • Ran into a water glitch [video coming] it looks like it has to do with a mix of there not being a background (dirt or stone wall behind the water) and a temple loaded through it. (can't figure out how to link twitch highlights on here without the actual stream channel showing up instead)
    • Some items don't get added to your 3D printer list after being scanned. Even though the item is destroyed and the pixels were charged. http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/3d-printer.36324/
    • Insane zooming issues sometimes.
    • Flesh Block recipe requires 1 crystal.
    Busted Bug Reports:
    • Saw Trap doesn't do damage. (It Does). I don't think it damages monsters but that might be as intended.
    [​IMG]
    • Only first Tech works (working as intended)
    • Pick axes don't break. (working as intended) They get weaker (mine slower) you have to repair them. Using ore (pick up copper ore in your inventory mouse over your pick axe and right click. The red bar should increase.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Caidryn likes this.
  2. Dsurion

Dsurion Big Damn Hero

For me, the Tesla coils on the Apex building/dungeon thing, didnt do any damage.

3. Caidryn

Caidryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was sort of hoping someone would make one of these. I'm sure the dev team thanks you. Anyway, here's my addition.

When crafting items that create multiple per batch, like wood planks for example, creating a stack larger than 1000 loses all items over the first stack cap. Meaning crafting 999 batches of wood planks creates only 1000 planks, rather than the expected 2997. Tested and confirmed repeatable. Should one wish to test themselves, cobblestone to cobblestone brick is a pretty easy way to achieve the desired effect.

4. Tossing

haha saw your post =) got it already

5. Tossing

I ran into them earlier today and I almost died to them

6. Dsurion

Dsurion Big Damn Hero

Then they probably fixed that already (it was yesterday before the update).

7. Caidryn

Caidryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hehe. Thanks, and sorry for the duplicate info then. Pretty sure I know why it does it. When crafting, it drops the item you create in the center of your player, which is why you see the pickup message at the bottom of the screen. It attempts to generate a stack of over 1000, but that's impossible, so it just drops the overflow. As the code only creates one stack of the item you craft each time you craft, crafting over 1000 leads to this bug.

8. slylycan

slylycan Astral Cartographer

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/3d-printer.36324/

There is some info You might want to add. I am trying to shove everything I can find into the 3D Printer. I can't test if they fixed any of the items from that thread in the update though.

Also some items are missing descriptions such as the little leaf looking shields.

Edit: When interacted with the Prison Control Panel (Not sure if there is more than one, but the large one) becomes invisible and blinks. You can interact with it again to make it visible.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  9. Tossing

thanks

10. TyDie1212

TyDie1212 Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure how to replicate but sometimes the screen will randomly zoom so I can only see a few blocks around my character.

EDIT: I'm not on MY pc at the moment I'm on an old Windows vista laptop could just be a Memory issue

11. Dsurion

Dsurion Big Damn Hero

Flesh Block requires 1 Crystal to craft, which im guess is a bug and should use Flesh Strands (you get the recipe for it when you pick that up)

12. Tossing

13. slylycan

14. Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

1. Use ship navigation computer on other players ships, and it will crash your game.

2. Server makes 1 CPU core run at full capacity. This doesn't leave much resources for the game client and OS itself on dualcore processors.

15. Fabel90

Fabel90 Void-Bound Voyager

• The saw-blade trap doesn't do damage.
    • Only the first tech-slot works. (I've got two techs and i've tried messing around with it, the other tech-slots does not work at all.)

16. slylycan

You have to open the Inventory and click which you want to use. You an carry four on you at once but you can only use one at a time.

17. DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

If you dig out the area that you beam down to, your character beams back down to the planet on thin air and then falls to the ground. If you build over that beam down point your character beams down inside of the blocks and you have to dig yourself out.

18. slylycan

This doesn't work on the t4 Snow Planet I just tried it on. If I place blocks covering the whole beam down area I instead spawn on top of them. If I completely removed all the blocks I I instead beam down to the flat area they would be. If I partially remove the blocks I land on the ledge that is left over, and depending on how thick it is stay there or fall down as if i was pushed or the blocks were knocked from beneath me.

Edit: I cannot replicate having to dig myself out of blocks whatsoever. Did this happen to you with sand or gravel?

19. slylycan

I am not sure how to replicate it but sometimes when someone joins the party (I was tabbed out at the time) and try to warp to their ship you will warp to your own and you can duplicate this bug on your own ship by trying to warp to their (your ship because of the glitch) ship again.

This is being fixed in the next update: http://playstarbound.com/coming-in-tonights-update/

20. Fabel90

Fabel90 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh! Thanks alot, man! (Or woman, don't wanna discriminate) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.