1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed 3D Printer

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by slylycan, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slylycan

slylycan Astral Cartographer

I have been trying to scan every single thing I could into the 3D Printer and it let me scan the Chef Spawner, but it wasn't added to the list of things to recreate. :s

2. slylycan

Oil Lantern did the same thing

3. Shizuma

Shizuma Space Hobo

This seems to be buggy. I can confirm that scanning an oil lantern deducts pixel and doesn't provide a bluprint. Other things do though like the avian bed for example.

4. slylycan

The toxic chest cannot be scanned by the 3D Printer like the other chests I have found. IT doesn't delete the item or take pixels, it jsut won't scan it.

Edit: Maybe the Toxic Chest can't be scanned because it's can be crafted. I just found a blueprint for it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  5. Shizuma

Shizuma Space Hobo

In any case having some form of info text popping up upon a scanning atempt would go a long way. Something along the lines of "added to library", "item allready in library" or "can not be scanned because of [reason]".

6. Caidryn

Caidryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just to clear this up right away, the blueprints are given to you. They're just not 3d printer blueprints. They're crafting recipes. Some can't be seen until after you pass the tier with a new starmap.

7. slylycan

No one said they were blueprints. I was simply stating that some chests can be scanned whereas other chests cannot be scanned. My earlier statement was stating my hypothesis that craftable chests cannot be replicated (legitimately) through the 3D Printer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.