1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

Stylin'.

I especially like the armory, but I think you've got about 50% fewer weapons than is ideal.

Yeah...

QuicksilverConspiracy likes this.
  2. QuicksilverConspiracy

QuicksilverConspiracy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like it, but where's the point defense weaponry? Even a frigate would have SOME means of self defense!
    Even without space for a spinal railgun, a few point defense magnetic acceleration cannons would go a LONG way in in ensuring the safety of the cargo.

I want my Sufficient Velocity, dammit!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, of course there would be more - probably along with wallmounted Hailstorms too. But engine limitations, you know?

-----

Beware those who appear innocent and unarmed; they are frequently the most dangerous of all.

4. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Is that totally custom or what? how did you make it? one of those other mods?

5. QuicksilverConspiracy

But having at least SOME weapon to work as a deterrent would be a major difference! You don't want to actually have pirates ATTACK you, you want them to see you and go "lolnope none of this I'm done."
    It doesnt matter how powerful it actually is, you will still likely sustain damage of some sort. No, it's better by far if you make it look menacing enough that others know not to mess with it.

Still though, you could probably solve that whole problem the humans have as an act of goodwill.
    [​IMG]
    "See? No more tentacle monster!"

6. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

The basis of the whole thing is Beeftime's Logistics Frigate with a few customizations, to allow for moving the teleporter/etc. around. Non-stock/non-avali furnishings are from Pixel Goods Store and StarTrekBound. As for other odds and ends, there's my own Blast Furnace and LFoW's Tabula Rasa in the workshop. A few props (like the red container and the gold/white-blue-red posters) had to be obtained using Creative Mode's green furniture box.

Man that's a lot of URLs.

--

You're really not quite grasping the concept of a Q-ship, are you?

Zenithcore likes this.
  7. QuicksilverConspiracy

Oh believe me, I get the concept, but a Q-ship is only valid when used in a fleet.
    A single Q-ship on it's own? If you're actually using it to haul freight of any kind it only serves to attract fire. Even if you could wipe out the enemy handily there's always a chance the enemy could get a lucky first shot and blow one of your engines. Why make you look like a target if you're the only ship? There's no other craft to protect!

I wonder if there's a way to edit the art to make it look like there's a ton of other ships in the background...

EDIT: Scratch that, I was wrong.

8. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, you may ask. But I recommend you do so via private conversation, as it would be getting too far off topic to discuss here.

On another subject, it was suggested a while back that more hair/crest styles be added. I've been thinking about it and I may try making a few, though I don't have many ideas at the moment.

9. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

Maybe we should create another thread for all the tangent stuff and leave this one to the actuall mod disscussion. No reason we can't have one in general or something.

In any case I'm off to bed.

Goodnight Internet.

10. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, here's what I've got so far on the new hairstyles:
    avali_hair1.png

The second one turned out kind of similar to one of the existing ones (so I'll probably modify it), but the first one is quite unique and I'm pleased with how it turned out. :) I've attached the PNGs for these below in case anyone would like to try them out. (Especially Ryuujin. ;))

You'll either need to replace some of the existing hairstyles or edit the avali.species file and include "15" and "16" in the hairstyles list.

Attached Files:

• 15.png
      15.png
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
    • 16.png
      16.png
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

oooh nice.

I have to admit I wasnt expecting us to get to this page this fast. :rofl:

12. Myifee

Myifee Guest

43 and counting. And an extra 300.

13. Deathedge736

I was expexcting around 330 at this point.

500 doesnt seem so far away anymore.

14. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Indeed.

Commission is in progress.

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
  15. Deathedge736

first 500 then the servers. :up:

will someone please start an on-topic dicussion?

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

[​IMG]

I heard that shadow loves asymmetry so just for him I'm gonna throw in some super-asymmetric blocks (Well technically, symmetric but on a hexagonal grid, in contrast to the games naturally square forms)

Zenithcore, Bast, HybridAir and 5 others like this.
  17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

What are they? I can't access Twitter...
    That's just mean.
    I like it.

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The new, upgradable ships

19. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Can I have links to pictures themselves?

20. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Now THIS is awesome.

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.