As the creator of this mod, I have less and less time to put into developing this. I hereby give everybody permission to alter, add, extend and modify the current code and release it as their own. The only thing I ask for is to credit me as the original creator of the existing code and linking back to this thread whenever you do use it. Furthermore, I am completely fine with any modpacks including this mod, as long as they credit the authors of all mods in that particular modpack for what work they have put into it.
About the mod
The CreativeMode mod is aimed for providing a helpful tool for players to do what they want to do. The idea is taken from the game Minecraft, where this exact mode was introduced to help players build bigger projects. This mod aims to provide this same sort of experience (if not more), all through adding in-game items. So, what will this mod provide for you?
To provide such a worry-free building environment, there's a couple of things that are important. First off, this mod adds a way to 'spawn' items in the game. This way players don't have to fly around to gather their materials for this awesome building project they had in mind. Apart from that, this mod adds some ways to get rid of the hazardous elements in Starbound through armor, weapons and a new tech that enables flight.
If that wasn't enough, this mod adds ways for players to get to a certain progression point in the game, deciding themselves to what point they want to boost themselves. If a character wipe or a corrupt savefile wiped your progress, you can use the items this mod provides to bring yourself to the same point where your old character was. The control is completely in the player's hands, and you decide yourself how far you want to take it.
Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
- Ultimate Box. The backbone of the mod. This box will provide all items that are added by the mod. This can be seen as the backbone of this mod, and the start of where you can decide how much you want to make use of this mod. In short, if you don't use this box, this mod won't affect you.
- Spawning items. With the addition of two new custom crafting tables (the Spawning Box and the Weapons & Armor Box) which can craft almost all items with a single pixel and an item that makes all scanable objects available in your 3D printer, you have access to pretty much every single item in the game. On top of that, two seperate duplicators are added. If you want to get just a few more of a building block or furniture piece, the duplicator is there for you. One for duplicating one item at a time, one for duplicating a 100 at a time. Sadly, neither the two spawning boxes OR the duplicators work with randomly generated items.
- Tech enhancements. This mod adds it's own custom tech, called the Creative Mode Flight. It offers complete air control without energy cost. Good for building massive projects or just flying around for fun. Also adds an item that unlocks all tech in the game for your character.
- Tier by tier unlockers. Items that can unlock Starmap upgrades one sector at a time, and items that can unlock crafting tiers one tier at a time. Of course, the vanilla Starmap upgrades are also in the Spawning Box to use.
- The Ultimate Chest. A chest with 256 inventory slots. Helpful for storing those materials while building a big project!
- Combat enhancing items. A set of invincible armor, an overpowered gun and an overpowered sword. For those moments you either want to build or test something without having to worry about enemies.
- Liquid spawning guns. They're guns that spawn liquids. Yay.
- Other helpful items. There's quite a few items that can help make gameplay easier (for building, for example) or help you get back to the point you were before a character wipe. There's a way to spawn pixels. There's a super bandage. There's an item that fills your food bar up to full immediately. There's a fuel item that provides a ton of fuel. Oh, and there's a super matter manipulator, for clearing those bigger areas faster.
Features planned/in progress
Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
- Use better filter buttons for in the spawning and weapons & armor boxes.
- Include all randomized weapons (in a seperate box).
- A bed that has insanely high regen.
- Duplicator that works with randomized items.
How to install (features in it is pretty outdated)
Very good spotlight showing the grand scheme of things.
Main: Click that sexy "Download Now" button on the top-right of this page.
Archive thread: http://community.playstarbound.com/...-complete-control-over-your-experience.42367/
How to install
1. Remove any CheatArmor, CheatEquipment or CreativeMode folders if you installed this mod previously. This is important!
2. Copy over the entire CreativeMode folder to X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\
Be sure to copy the entire folder, not just it's contents! This is important or your game will crash if you try to open the Ultimate Box.
3. Start up the game. Press C to bring up your crafting interface and craft the Ultimate Box.
4. Set the Ultimate Box down, get the stuff you choose to get. The Spawning Boxes are also available in the Ultimate Box.
Seeing as there's such a large number of spotlight videos on youtube about CreativeMode, I decided to make a small list of spotlights and similar things for everyone to check out. If your video isn't in here and you want it to be, give me a heads-up and I'll add it to the list!
Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
[Russian (I think?)]
Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
1.1 [Latest - Angry Koala] Both the spawning boxes now don't teach vanilla recipes when picking them up. Now you can really get up to a character's old progression.
For the people that still want to unlock all these things, seperate recipe unlockers have been added.
Added the water, lava and acid guns. Be careful in your own ship with these!
1.0.1 Updated for Angry Koala. Added all new items to the spawning box (under Armors category) that I'm aware of.
1.0 Finally, it's here! The first release where I can consider the mod 'done'. It has all the functionality I wanted in the mod.
The spawning boxes are finalized (Weapons & Armor box and the Spawning box). All 'Perfectly Generic Items' and items that crashed your game have been removed.
A '3D Printer Unlocker' has been added. Adds all scanable items to the 3D printer. Woohoo for furniture!
The Ultimate chest is now 2x2 blocks, instead of 2x1.
Added 2 placable duplicator objects. One duplicates items one at a time, the other does it by 100 items at a time.
Both don't work with randomly generated items, as it's not possible right now.
Added brand new artwork for: Ultimate Box, Spawning Box, Weapons & Armor Box, Ultimate Chest and the Duplicators.
0.9.5 The postponing even more update. Furniture is not in just yet. STILL EXPERIMENTAL!
Changed all tech blueprints to the Spawning Box (under weapons).
Removed any unlockers I added myself in the Ultimate Box, except the All Tech Unlocker.
Added human car tech to the all tech unlocker.
Also introduced the Creative Flight tech. Press F to go into Creative Flight, F again to leave it.
This tech allows free flight when used, without energy usage.
0.9.4 This is still an experimental build!
The postponing update. I got bored of adding recipes so the furniture recipes took a backseat (basically postponing it).
Overpowered Gun now requires near zero power to shoot, so it works without the Invincible Armor.
Cube of Meat added, fills hunger bar immediately. Condensed SMM removed. Added furnace recipe to allow smelting of the SMM.
Creative Mode Unlocker has been removed. Instead, you immediately get the Ultimate Box upon smelting a platform.
Added the Ultimate Chest. Has 256 slots and can be placed on top of each other. Interface and coding courtesy of SpaceKitten.
0.9.3 AKA The Experimental Build. This build hasn't been tested a lot, so use at your own risk.
Overpowered Sword is now one-handed. Bag 'O Money removed. Instead, pixels are instantly spawnable (still in Ultimate Box).
Introduced 2 more boxes. Weapons & Armor Box and the Furniture Box. Switched weapons and armor to the new box.
Added last objects that weren't furniture to the Spawning box. Furniture Box is still empty.
These new boxes and the switching around of items SHOULD fix FPS issues while using the search bar.
Lots of Perfectly Generic Items are still in the boxes. These will be removed over time.
0.9.2 Added the first 1327 items to the spawning box (the entire /items/ folder).
All of them are in different categories. It's wise to use those and the search bar, as the
box lags like hell if you don't. Furniture is coming in the next update (the /objects/ folder).
0.9.1 I call this the dirty update. A quick update to make it compatible with the Offended Koala update. As far as I've seen, everything works.
Due to the new update, installation procedure changed. Please read the new installation instructions.
Nothing new added, sadly. File structure is a mess because of the compatibility update, but this only affects myself for development.
The gun is changed to work with the new update. This now REQUIRES the Invincible Armor to work, as it requires HUGE amounts of energy.
Invincible helmet changed to hold a huge energy increase. Invincible chest had it's energy regen changed to something much higher. Now both the gun and techs like Targeted Blink work again!
0.9: Added the gun and sword back in. Yay.
Fixed the Inactive Robot not showing in the Spawning Box for some people, and added some other recipes neccesary for advancing in the game and for crafting.
Added Condensed Super Matter Manipulator. To craft your SMM back into something you can trash.
Added items to unlock crafting recipes by tiers to the Ultimate Box.
0.8: Updated to Annoyed Koala. Armor is changed to work with the new update.
The gun and the sword have been removed for now, to be added back in later.
Added more items to the spawning table. It should include all metal bars and the boss summoning items (even the 4th one!).
Slight changes to different things to make it work with the new stuff and the Annoyed Koala update.
0.7: A huge update, once again mostly for the backbone of the mod. No player.config editing required anymore!
Instead, you put a wooden platform in a furnace and smelt it to get access to the mod's items.
Introduced Spawning Box. Right now it only has 3 items that are available for spawning, this was just making it functional.
Got a texture for the Ultimate Table (now called Ultimate Box to go alongside the texture) and a texture for the new spawning box.
0.6: Renamed the mod to CreativeMode, as I think it shows what this mod is about more accurately.
In line with the rename, a lot of the items have been renamed too.
Added sector unlockers. Get them at the cheating table and consume them like any other upgrade.
Added a fuel item, also obtainable through the cheating table. Provides 100 fuel per item.
Super Matter Manipulator is now showing a recolored texture, even when using it.
Started background work on the spawning table. Still looking for a script to generate the recipes for me.
0.5: Added tech unlockers. There's one item for unlocking all techs at once, and a seperate item for each tech.
The way of acquiring the blueprints for the mod has changed. When you install the mod, craft a "Cheat Equipment Unlocker".
This will unlock all recipes in the mod. If new updates come out, you can just re-craft it and reacquire the new recipes.
This also made it so only 1 line is needed in the player.config. If you installed this mod before, please remove the lines and add this one,
or overwrite the player.config completely with the one given with the download.
Bag O' Money moneycount reduced to 1000 pixels to give more control to the player. Also changed from the Refinery to a furnace.
0.4: Bag O' Money introduced. Gives 10.000 pixels when put in a refinery, costs 1 pixel at the Cheating Table.
Super Bandages. Heals you for ridiculous amounts, basically putting you at full health immediately.
0.3: Complete revamp of the backbone of the mod (damn, this takes time). Was needed for future changes.
Also added the Cheating Table, which changed the way how players obtained the mod's items.
Added the Cheat Matter Manipulator. Mines a 5x5 area superfast!
Changes all recipes to require a pixel, instead of a copper bar.
0.2: Renamed to Cheat Equipment. Added a sword and a gun.
The sword uses the lightning effect and the currently unused chainsaw sprite.
The gun uses a bazooka sprite and uses the 'tri-shot' projectile.
Also included the player.config file for easy copy-pasting.
0.1: First release (Cheat Armor). Armor added in, uses Tiy's developer vanity set as sprites.
If you really like this mod and want to donate a small bit, please consider following the button below (this is completely optional, of course!):
- Chuckefish: For making this awesome game and making it so damn easily moddable. I hope this mod proves that even someone that didn't mod anything before and has limited programming knowledge, can still put out some cool stuff because of the ridiculously easy to use API.
- @EvilEngineer: Providing a script to generate .recipe files from an excel version. This helped me tremendously by creating the recipe files for the spawning box.
- @SpaceKitten For allowing me to use his expanded shiplocker files to make my own custom chest.
- @TheAleG For the 3D printer unlocker list.
- @Capt_slowpoke For providing me with new art for the duplicators. They look amazing!
- @MrMagical For being a freaking wizard and with his magic making a precise list of items I was still missing in the boxes. Seriously, you're a wizard.
- Myself: Because I'm so awesome I can credit myself.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Creative Mode - Complete control over your experience. [Enraged Koala] 1.2.2
A mod that allows modifying the game experience through in-game items.