RP Avali Nexus: The RP thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

"Yeah, there was, uh... A fight here earlier... A Republic elite tried to get in. He died before he did, though."

2. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

"Maybe we should go out and see if anyone has come back to the ship..." Ehks said. He idly scratched the back of his helmet.
    Smallpaw nodded. "Yes, that might be a good idea. I am also getting hungry as well, we could probably get food as well."
    "Yeah..."

3. TheTrueUmbrakiin

Sirius heads in behind Galaxion, passing him on his way to his bunk room. He shuts the door, sits down, and takes out his sword, cleaning and sharpening it. This thing's surprisingly effective, but damn... It's a pain to sharpen. The grinding of the whetstone against steel would most likely be heard from outside.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  4. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Both Ehks and Smallpaw walked out of their room, and headed down the hallway. Maybe they would run across the "new" arrivals, or maybe they would just make it to the kitchen without any issue...

5. TheTrueUmbrakiin

The whetstone grinding is audible from Sirius' room...
    If they choose to ignore it, however, Kal is eating in the kitchen.

6. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

The seals on Galaxion's helmet disabled, and the many plates slid down on to his shoulders and back. He stood, taking in the quiet environment... Almost quiet environment.

7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Both of them pass by the sound of grinding, Ehks visibly wincing while doing so. He muttered something about the rooms needing more soundproofing for the louder people. Smallpaw simply rolled his eyes. They continued along, and turned down towards the main hallway...
    ...where they both almost instantly ran into Galaxion.

8. BloodClunk

BloodClunk Void-Bound Voyager

Jawdrop is in his ship waiting.

9. Silverotter

{I would like to post here, as it needs the audience that will come here first instead of the OOC topic.}

{The RP is to be postponed indefinitely.}

{When will it start up again? Who knows.}

{But it is becoming a disaster, personally, and non-personally.}

{Personally, it is becoming a chore. Straight-up explanation for why I take so long to post right there. Not only is writing for Galaxion tiring, but making up new and interesting things, and building up old things, are taking up too much time. Worldbuilding is no longer fun here.}

{There is way too much for me to do, including fixing up the plot-hole ridden early days with retcons and handwaves, and drawing the path from our current path to my desired destination for the RP. And I can't even rush the ending, for reasons you will know later. And trying to keep up interesting, non-dry writing methods is also just as tiring, which is a problem if I want people to read the details I want to get across. I even have to leave out major stories of the universe, even when they're supposed to be happening. I mean, isn't a war going on?}

{Galaxion is an absolute bastard to write for, especially his dialogue. His no-contraction, serious way of speaking takes several re-writes to get perfectly, and sometimes I mess up bad and write something out of character, like his "Probably" in response to Sirus wondering if Galaxion would kill him. His character is also so very complex, meaning I have so much to account for, that I may not even remember it until it is too late. Overall, not my finest character, but too important to kill off.}

{Non-personally, the RP is not working out. Too many characters are stuck in limbo, either because their user hasn't come on, or they were interacting with someone else time-locked. Characters are acting on different places of time because of this, and when users do come back fixing up the plot-hole it has made will be a nightmare to co-ordinate.}

{Now you see why I can't rush it: people are outright missing.}

{The other problem is that the RP is becoming an impenetrable wall of details, scaring off users. The massive amount that new users must take into account for their character is too much, and in bad shape even. The various plot-holes don't help either. Too much information is missing, just as well. While we could include some of it, we are already on a road to Tolken-land with this deepness one must wade through.}

{This is no longer a fun place for people to relax and roleplay. It's barely even about the Avali anymore, even. It's a project of an entire galaxy at a big, "fuck all other life" war, one I don't have the energy to help finish.}

{EDIT: Please direct all conversation about the shutdown to the OOC topic. Despite the lack of real RP, now is not the time to break the rules. DOUBLE EDIT: Now with link to questions I know I'm going to get.}

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    L3W and kawaiiChiimera like this.
  10. Silverotter

{THE POSTPONING HAS ENDED! REJOICE, REPENT, REVISE!}

11. Silverotter

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    OmniGeoff likes this.
  12. joeyseafood

joeyseafood Phantasmal Quasar

Dead thread 3 confirmed?

13. Silverotter

{PLEASE WAIT, WE ARE "DISCUSSING" A REBOOT}

14. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

//Heck Yeah!

15. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

(I have returned I HAVE TOO MANY IDEAS! (Also furry mgea-confirmed)) *we now go to quick-return RP* (imagine there's a tv somewhere...) *an Avali appears onscreen* Earlier on the Endurian colony of Pala, a group of divers had discovered a buried structure, however it's origins are unknown, this is your local news, signing off. *the screen cuts to commercial* (Also i happened to make 2 races, one rp universe and 5 brutal enemies for said universe, and yes, both races somehow connect and even into Jakkai precursors if that's a thing now...) (Also @Corosar , I found you a book called "Dragonriders of Pern", you might like it) *AAAANND I AM OUT!(again)*

16. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

((HERPADERP))

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Please stop performing acts of necro posting.

18. Corosar

Corosar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

//indeed i haveee i enjoyed it.. though still bugs me a bit its good.

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

The avali nexus has moved to avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com

Please don't revive dead threads

20. Silverotter

This. A thread is going on to discuss rebooting the entire universe. Please bring your necromancy spells to there.

Marxon and Ehksidian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.