Modding Help Altering Animal Drops?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Thaylie, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Thaylie

Thaylie Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I was wondering how somebody would go about changing what a specific animal drops? For example, I currently have a mod that changes rabbits into swans. Is there a way to make it so that they would drop duck eggs instead of wool? So far I've tried the command:

{
    "Action": "EditData",
    "Target": "Data/FarmAnimals",
    "Entries":
    {
    "Rabbit": "4/6/442/446/rabbit/8/32/48/32/8/32/48/32/0/false/Coop/16/16/16/16/10/5/null/643/8000/Rabbit/Coop",
    }
    },

But my swans still drop wool. So I know I'm doing something wrong here. Is this something that can even be done with Content Patcher?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I have this post over here with an example for Blue Chickens: https://community.playstarbound.com...odifying-animal-products.142365/#post-3265153

You have the right idea, those 3rd & 4th entries(442,446) are the default & deluxe produce item entries.

But, when you go to test; note that it'll only affect new animals. The ones already on your farm already have their original data written to your save. You can go in, and edit your save, or buy new animals.

• Thaylie

Thaylie Void-Bound Voyager

Hey thanks a ton for the advice, and the link! I'll have to look into editing my save, but bad comes to worse I'll just swap the animals out.