2nd July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 3, 2013.

1. JoeBob99

JoeBob99 Master Chief

Looking Awesome guys sooo excited for this game!
    starbound.jpg

2. CalamityQuote

CalamityQuote Phantasmal Quasar

I'm more excited about questing than monster evolution. There's one thing I don't understand though. If quests are going to be randomly generated, how will they make the quests feel fresh so we don't get bored with repeatedly doing the same missions?

3. jcklsldr

jcklsldr Void-Bound Voyager

pretty sure when this game comes out, i wont want to play any other game for a very long time...at least until Destiny drops anyhow, then ill still divide my time between the two

JoeBob99 likes this.
  4. Seburo

Seburo Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm going to be a husk at this rate, Mindcraft look my mind, Terraria took my body, and now Starbound will take my soul. But oh will it be so worth it. :D

SuperOops23 likes this.
  5. hanck

hanck Void-Bound Voyager

if you can capture the enemies this gonna be like pokemon?

6. Kurozaiaku

Kurozaiaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

So now our random monsters will also be able to evolve..
    Pokémon, you've been replaced. BEAM ME UP, CHUCKLEFISH!

7. Ryanrem

Ryanrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

Crap...im not going to beable to kill them because of their cuteness...well im dead

8. JoeBob99

JoeBob99 Master Chief

Same Here!

9. MobyDiglett

MobyDiglett Astral Cartographer

I've been thinking about how that would work a lot, and I think the way Chucklefish is doing it is giving each individual monster part an "evolved" equivalent. It was bothering me how they expected to have randomly generated monsters with evolutions so i spent several months atop a mountain contemplating this answer... But seriously it was bothering me.

10. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

So, I think that's the first explicit statement of progress about completion I've seen.
    Maybe it's finally time to start watching this closely again...
    ...Nah.

Silican Beat likes this.
  11. keyfox11

keyfox11 Void-Bound Voyager

Keep up the good work guys! You're starting to make me think there's not going to be a beta, just a full release... :/

Well, Tiy did 6000+ descriptions so I'm guessing he could do at least 3000 different quests... Ahem, Tiy...?

12. Noc

Noc Guest

Evolving monsters is actually a pretty cool feature... I wonder if we can expect to be able to force an evolution upon a monster to experiment.

13. Chombo

Chombo Title Not Found

Thank you Tiy for all your hard work and these updates, as others have also said.

I really enjoy the screenshots of the creatures I'll be killing and capturing and also how the terrain looks before I nuke it all into oblivion! Super excited about how development is progressing, it really sounds like things are coming together nicely and each new day/update is another step closer to beta and then full release....can't wait, keep up the awesome work Chucklefish!

P.S. Molly, your glasses are awesome!

AdenSword and keyfox11 like this.
  14. Sp3ct3r_2k11

Sp3ct3r_2k11 Orbital Explorer

Randomly generated plushies anyone :D?

15. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

AdenSword likes this.
  16. EnemyHand

EnemyHand Void-Bound Voyager

Wonderful, fellas. This image is precious. The creatures you guys are making are soooo top notch. They look hilarious and cool at the same time. So great.

17. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

Starbound is going to be something else.

18. Miguelito

Miguelito Master Chief

So Seussian.

1John5vs7 likes this.
  19. GenFears

GenFears Big Damn Hero

I like them, but... are those things Zubats?!

20. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut