22nd February

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 22, 2014.

1. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

2. ChoMar

ChoMar Orbital Explorer

Some thing with the Ship. Fully customizable ship, or bigger ship - SOME Shipthingy...
    And something with the Standardressources you still find in high tiers but cant use in any way.
    Maybe you can build you ship with steel, gold, diamonds and copper and stuff. Wouldnt even be too unrealistic, all of these things are used in electronic.

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  3. Colyeses

Colyeses Void-Bound Voyager

Wasn't there also a mod that allowed you to expand your ship? Considering world generation isn't safe at the moment, allowing players to build their home among the stars would be a good way to tie us over.

ChoMar and Renxo like this.
  4. Zeraxen Sar'athin

Zeraxen Sar'athin Void-Bound Voyager

Contrary to what it may seem from what I said, I did play FTB for a long time. Once you get started, just like with Starbound, you know what you're doing and it can be quite fun. But no, I don't really like over-complicated things that have little to no in-game explanation on how to craft/place/utilize them :p Of course, I just go out and do the research on it via the internet anyway, it's still more useful and helpful to have the documentation of how the things work in-game :rofl:

5. Zeraxen Sar'athin

Zeraxen Sar'athin Void-Bound Voyager

I dunno, we're still not quite sure ourselves. We'll get back to you when we figure it out :)

6. Crimsonknight3

Crimsonknight3 Void-Bound Voyager

These mods are not all MUSTS but they all do however in my opinion supplement the vanilla feel of starbound whilst adding a lot more content and a lot more to do. Definately I think there should be more later tier machines to help process mined materials or mine faster etc.

1. Placeable Atmosphere Generator
    2. Spacebound
    3. Electric Home Defense Mod
    4. Industrilization
    5. Survivalist
    6. Persistent Farmables
    7. Expanded Tutorials
    8. Shadow-Casting Lights
    9. Tiered Matter Manipulators
    10. Drills+
    11. Bees!
    12. COLORBOUND
    13. The last is simply more of a request than a mod, I really would like to be able to use my ship as my home base for the most part until I progress to the final tier then I will settle. I would love to have more ship choice or ship upgrades, or maybe just a big ship with "shut down" sections that are un-accesible without first paying the pixels or crafting a key.

intervencion likes this.
  7. Crimsonknight3

Crimsonknight3 Void-Bound Voyager

Minecraft became better by including mods into the vanilla game... Case Open, Case Closed!!!

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  8. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

9. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

ChoMar and Tamorr like this.
  10. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Madtulip's Customizeable Ships
    Okea
    XSMechs
    Blood Mod
    Extended Songbook
    Yup.

v6ooo, ChoMar and Lusfella like this.
  11. Akkue

Akkue Scruffy Nerf-Herder

-Fully Customizable Ship Mod : I know you guys were planning on adding this into the original game, but you didn't really like how it would match for that person(s) race(s), but some peoples ships need to be larger for what they plan, plus it's the player's choice to make the ship match or not. Fully Customizable ships would come in handy for stuff like, if there was a planet wipe, instead of cramming everything into your ship, you could customize your ship to make it a home away from home, which would be handy for interstellar travelers (Like me). Since I travel a lot in the game, I always have to cram more chests into my ship, same case with a lot of people. It's hard to cram everything you own into one small ship. If you decided to add this mod (Or Idea) Into the game, maybe make it so you can only use a race specific block. For my interest, being creative about what I build with, I would like it to be FULLY customizable. Thanks ~-~Akkue, Interstellar traveler. (P.S. I am not positive if this is a mod, but maybe add a way to modify your character? Say if you wanted to change the player's name. Just a suggestion. Peace~-~)

TheFizzler and ChoMar like this.
  12. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

Dye mod and structure-scanning.

13. judge1

judge1 Void-Bound Voyager

frackin' flora all the way

14. STiger

STiger Master Chief

Shadewarp and Leather Rabbit like this.
  15. Kadele

Kadele Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I recommend (in alphabetical order):
    1. Colonies
    2. Custom ships
    3. Frackin Flora
    4. Future Mining tools
    5. Industrialization
    6. Interior decoration
    7. Madtulips shipmod
    8. modules-in-a-box
    9. Okea
    10. Print and pack
    11. StarBooze
    12. Starfoundry

Seria-Myouna and TheFizzler like this.
  16. TimJSwan

TimJSwan Tentacle Wrangler

You have my vote for larger chests.
    256+ items at least please.
    Thank you.

17. Chucklehead

Chucklehead Subatomic Cosmonaut

XS Corporation Mechs
    Your Starbound Crew
    Light drones mod
    Gotta Catch 'Em All
    Smart Pet

18. Automata

Automata Void-Bound Voyager

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Planetside Teleporters
    A simple mechanic, executed with a high degree of polish and finesse and helps make world exploration and colonisation infinitely less tedious. I don't see any good reasons not to add this

Star Foundry
    Foundry provides a robust API for energy and fluid transmission, not only does it provide a lot of useful tools it it's own right, but it also provides a backbone for countless future mods. Starbound NEEDS a system like this, and Starfoundry provides one ready made

XS Corperation Mechs
    Because who doesn't like stomping a planet flat with energy blades and railguns in a giant mecha?

And totally add the avali race mod <.<

20. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest