This mod is dependant on the following mods:
MORE FARMING MOD
Thankyou to TheBigBlueSerpent for allowing me to use MFM's baseline produce. Thankyou to Mackinz for support and MFM's continuiation!
So.. What is it?
Yes Chef! is a proof of concept mod I've been working on to redesign the Starbound cooking flow. I've played the game for a couple of months and really enjoy it, however I felt a few things were lacking in depth. The games cooking flow felt rather flat and not as engaging as it 'could' be. So after toying around with the idea I've come up with something a little more involved. Given the player something more tangible for the homsteading playstyle the design team are proposing.
Food created still grants the same buffs as the games designers have intended, but the route to a plated meal has changed significantly. Your foraged goods now have to be prepared into baseline ingredients that follow a logical expectation outcome.
Your cooking table is no longer a one stop shop. You now have to chop, boil, mill, blend, bake/roast or freeze depending on the recipe in question. Some items have multiple stages depending on what it is.
Taking a potato to the chopping board will wash, peel and chop it into a serving of prepared potato. You can then boil this or add it to other ingredients to make say, a stew mix.. then boiling the stew mix with 2 parts water will give you a serving of stew. Following as much real world cooking logic and expectancy as possible within the remit of the games original design and mechanics. Each item along the route has descriptive cues to help you along the way, if it needs boiling in water or milk, or stock for example and how many parts.
Okay cool, so how do I get started?
In the wilderness you will be able to create basic makeshift camp-site tools with your bare hands. This will allow you to get started cooking 'Mountain-man style' with what you can manage to forage.
Once you then have an established homestead, you can craft a full range of cookware at an iron crafting table to feed and water yourself comfortably!
Things to bear in mind:
1. Everything from the basegame should now be craftable using a variety of cooking methods.
2. There will be alot of ingredient items made from produce that simply are not used yet, because end result plated food is yet to be made. But the logic and flow to create most ingredient items is in place.
3. If you have any suggestions/thoughts please do let me know. If theirs something you feel it's missing or would be a great addition to the game play everything will be taken on board. Or if you want to get involved designing items/recipes. All golden!
Let me know what you think! I'm getting it finished as soon as possible.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Yes Chef! 1.13
A cooking flow redesign! Get fancy with the spices!