UPDATE 8/19/2018: Hi guys! I would just like to mention that I have come back to play SDV after a two year break and decided to go back and fix this mod. This might take a while though since I plan to remake the dresses from the ground up to fix some things.
While I am working on it, I'll leave the current version here.
*start of intro*
Are you disappointed that you couldn't wear a lovely dress on your wedding? Did it irritate you that you just ended up wearing your dirt stained farming clothes while your fiancee was wearing a lovely tuxedo or dress? Did you dream of getting married in a lovely ballgown? Well I've got the mod for you! Presenting: Wedding Dresses and Red Shirts!
It's a mod that lets you have that special dress on that special day and since all bride (or groom) is different, it comes in a variety of dresses! As a bonus, it comes with red shirts!
*end of intro*
1. The Lace Gown:
This is the simplest dress to be chosen but it's quite pretty. I made this one first since I was just learning on how to edit XNB files and I didn't know how to edit the tilesheet to get the look I want, (I do now though!)
2. The Princess Gown:
This is the second dress of the series~ It's similar to the princess gowns that you see on Disney princesses so that's why I called it the princess gown. It also comes with a ribbon (and it moves, not that noticeable but it does)!
(Note: you can also use them in different occasions if you want to )
These are the shirts that comes with the dress. Take note that you can mix up the dress with any of these shirts. They do not replace any of the default shirts so don't worry about replacing any of the shirts (originally shirts #113 - 121 were for my personal use only but I didn't want to made a separate XNB file for them and the wedding shirts so I just lumped them together). There may be empty slots following these shirts since the lowest part of the tilesheet isn't filled.
On my to-do list as of 2018:
- Fix the dresses, plan to remake them from the ground up to fix all the weirdness since I didn't understand how the character cycle worked back then.What was updated:
- Make them Content Patcher and Custom shirt compatible.
- A veil for the wedding gown (still haven't figure this out)
- A new dress which will be a plain ballgown
- A matching tuxedo for male characters who want them
- Probably port this over to the nexus page
1. Fixed the dress so that it could be used in the flower dance. (I forgot to add certain tiles.)(7/02/2016):
1. The first gown (the lace gown) was fixed and improved.
2. Added a new gown (the princess gown)
3. Added new shirts for the dresses.
1. BACK UP YOUR FILES. (I will not be held responsible if you lose the original files.)
2. Download the zip file, extract it and pick your version of the dress.
3(a). For female character: find the farmer_girl_base.xnb and shirts.xnb then go to Stardew Valley>Content>Characters>Farmer. Put the file in here.
3(b). For male character: copy the farmer_base.xnb and shirts.xnb then Stardew Valley>Content>Characters>Farmer. Put the file in here.
4. Copy the shirts.xnb then find: Stardew Valley>Content>Characters>Farmer. Put the file in here.
You can get Kisakae mod to use the dresses with replacing the XNB.
Things to take note of:
1. I could not fully cover the feet when running sideways since there is a limit on how big the dress is on the tilesheet. (Walking on the dress is perfect though... at least in my opinion )
2. When using the princess ballgown and if you decided to go fishing on it . The back animation can be a bit odd since when casting the line, the back will show the front appearance. This cannot be fixed since this tile shares the same tile as the front idle look. (I know this doesn't make sense, but it will if you try fishing and stare at the back.)
3. I couldn't make any sleeveless shirts since it ends up having black blotches on the arms if I do remove the sleeves. (if anyone can help me figure out how to prevent this, then I would happily make sleeveless shirts )
If you get married using this mod, leave a picture I would love to see the wedding hehe.
Note: If you want to use my mods in anyway, please ask for permission and give credit.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Wedding Dresses and Red Shirts! 2016-07-03
Allows the player to wear a dress and replaces the pants.