1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Waypoints 1.1 (Beta v. Angry Koala)

Planet-specific waypoints/teleporters that can be linked

1. Brybry
    Description
    Allows the creation of waypoint objects that can be linked and used to teleport between locations on a planet.
    Waypoints can only be linked to different waypoints on the same planet but they do remember information between sessions (and even your friends can use them as long as they and the server also have the mod!)

This mod is still a work in progress and sort of a proof of concept for communication between objects and tech, bugs can happen.

Installation
    1. [Optional] Make a backup of your player file
    2. Extract zip to your root starbound directory
    3. Verify that there is a waypoints directory under 'Starbound/mods'
    4. [Optional] Install something like Tabula Rasa so that you can get the items
    5. Launch Starbound.
    6. Acquire a Waypoint to learn the Waypoint Knowledge tech

Usage
    Equip the Waypoint Knowledge technology before use
    Red waypoints are linked to another waypoint. Yellowish orange waypoints are unlinked.
    Press 'E' to clear a red waypoint's link
    Press 'G' to 'learn' the location of a waypoint
    Press 'F' on a yellow unlinked waypoint to link it the location of the target waypoint and then teleport to that location. This also 'learns' the location of the orange waypoint.
    Press 'F' on a red linked waypoint and wait ~4 seconds to teleport to the linked waypoint.

Known Bugs
    Waypoints still teleport you to their target even if the target waypoint is destroyed
    You can teach the location of a destroyed waypoint to other waypoints
    Placing objects/blocks on top of the waypoints can cause Bad Things(TM) to happen
    If for whatever reason the waypoint fails to send the linked location to the player weird things can happen (including teleportation to a random location)

For now you need something like the Tabula Rasa mod to create the waypoints (which also teaches you the tech). They cost 1 pixel until I get around to thinking about balance.

WARNING
    Make sure to delete all waypoints and unequip the tech before updating or uninstalling the mod. I have trashed player files before without doing so (mainly the tech part I think).

Recent Updates

1. Angry Koala update

Recent Reviews

1. Nikolay Debroh
    Nikolay Debroh
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1 (Beta v. Angry Koala)
    needed in vanilla
  2. Disco
    Disco
    5/5,
    The most frogs I ever fractioned.
  3. LOCSA_XIII
    LOCSA_XIII
    5/5,
    Finaly! This needs to be an official feature! Please send this to Tiy!
  4. Jerakal
    Jerakal
    5/5,
    Amazingly convenient, especially on huge planets. This needs to be an official feature.
  5. JellyBlade
    JellyBlade
    5/5,
    Simply amazing. It works, it's fast, and it's amazing. Just a few bugs, but still amazing :D
  6. xtomass
    xtomass
    4/5,
    Feel like this mod will make my possible mining expedition a bit safer.

Also Covered this mod on my Mod List series.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEJoRXRVlfA
    (Can I beg thee to add this video to the description of the mod?)
  7. LekramG
    LekramG
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Just awesome. I hope something like this gets implemented in the game sometime soon.
  8. mindbound
    mindbound
    5/5,
    It exists, and it works.
  9. Ahmi
    Ahmi
    5/5,
    Been waiting for something like this, would love to see this kept up!