Improvements and secondary abilities for Vanilla jump techs. Version 1.0 modifies Wall Jump, Pulse Jump, and Multi Jump. Rocket Jump is coming soon.
Adds a safe fall ability: jump once, and continue to hold the Jump key. As long as you don't let go, you will be immune to fall damage. If you use your pulse jump however you will not be immune any longer while holding jump.
There is no visible icon telling you that you have safe fall. The reason for this is that it would flicker each time you normally jumped with this tech equipped, so I made the icon invisible. Much more immersive.
You no longer have a limited number of pulses, but each one costs a small amount of energy. You should be able to navigate really horrible terrain or rescue yourself from lava cores and the like with this.
Wall Jump received much love, because there is more to it than the other two jump techs.
- Grab Refresh: Like basically every mod that touches Wall Jump, grabbing the wall refreshes your pulse jump.
- Wall Cling: Hold the direction towards the wall you just grabbed and you won't slide. If you want to slide down a little, let off the key and then press it to grab and cling again.
- Weapons Free: You are no longer restricted from weapon and tool use while clinging and sliding. This is especially fun when using throwing weapons in my opinion.
- Variable Jump: If you jump while clinging your jump will be mostly vertical. If you are sliding you will instead perform a triangle jump with greater horizontal force than vanilla. Feels very Ninja. You can use a combination of both of these types of jump to circumnavigate some cliffs that would normally require grappling or spike sphere and doing so feels good, man.
Rocket Jump as I said is coming soon; I'm researching how to accomplish what I'm going for. I want it to be like being in a mech in zero G, including the ability to brake and hover while holding jump. The idea is to make it the tech of choice for asteroid mining and fun to use in general on planets or in missions. So watch out for the next update!
Also I do not mind if you want to use this for your own mod, just give me a heads up (message me here) so I can link to your mod.
Conflicts: I made my own modified LUAs and patched the vanilla techs to point to these instead of the vanilla scripts, so mod-added techs using the vanilla scripts are compatible. Mods which edit the vanilla scripts directly will still work, just not on these techs (they will still affect mod-added techs that this mod won't interfere with).
Mods which add scripts to the vanilla techs may cause weirdness but I am not aware of any at this time.
Steam version: Vanilla Jump ++
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Vanilla Jump ++ 1.0
Jump, magic, jump magic jump.