1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Saturnians 1.3.9

Space wizard moth mod

1. Skyligh
    Saturnians v1.3.9 is out adding support for Armor Adapt!

LIKE OTHER RACE MODS, THIS MOD REQUIRES A CHARACTER CREATION EXTENDER!

Any character creation extender that works with the latest version of Starbound should work, like this one, or this one, or this one.

The Saturnians

A wizard themed, moth-like race.
    saturniantransparentsmall.png
    (above artwork by Shinigami Apples)

mcharre.PNG Fcharlun.PNG

McharBeard.PNG McharPro.PNG
    1_1_2.PNG

armorsets2020b.PNG

Goldknight.PNG

Mech.PNG

lumen.PNG

Ship Pictures:
    ShipT1.jpg ShipFull.jpg

This is easily my largest project I've made for any game. So I hope you all have fun with this!

This mod includes:

• Two playable "species". Saturnians are the main species, while Thaumoth are a bonus nocturnal variant. Thaumoth are ever so slightly different. Both species share the same visuals. Lore-wise, they're the same species, and the two names can be used interchangeably.
    • Tons and tons of customization options. Lots of body/hair colors, antennae styles, hair styles, and eye colors/shapes, as well as options for neck fluff or probosci.
    • Two villages, part of two different Saturnian factions: The first is a sky city with many different shops, while the second is a small village built by wasp-mimicing Saturnians.
    • New racial armor and weapons, including wands, scythes, rapiers, bows, maces, and some others.
    • A hat converter, for reshaping around 180 vanilla hats and helmets for Saturnians to wear
    • The ability to craft nectar from flowers, and silk from nectar.
    • A furniture crafter that can be made regardless of species.
    • A special loom that crafts lots of new clothes, special dyes and wings.
    • 16+ craftable wings that remove fall damage and lowers gravity slightly when worn.
    • New furniture and tiles.
    • A custom respawn animation, new racial mech parts, realistic moth noises!
    • A Palette-swapped glitch ship. Bronze with sandstone bricks. It has no backgrounds, so feel free to add as many windows as you'd like.

INSTALLATION
    Before you install this mod, be sure to install a character creation extender.
    Any character creation extender that works with the latest version of Starbound should work, like this one, or this one, or this one.

To install extract the "Saturnians-versionwhatever" file from Saturnians.zip, and place it in your Mods folder. If you didn't change it, it is probably at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods" without the quotes.

F.A.Q.- Read before commenting please!
    Q: Where are their wings?
    A: The wings are back items. Your shiplocker has a basic set, but you can craft more kinds of wings for very cheap with a Saturnian loom.

Q: Where do I get the new items from?
    A: Most weapons, armor and furniture are crafted where you would craft the vanilla versions of them (Anvil, Workbench). Clothes, wings, new dyes, and other extra things are crafted with the Saturnian Loom you get from your shiplocker. Villagers sell plenty of new items as well.

A list of most tile and object IDs (Everything before v1.2) can be found here: https://pastebin.com/gfxbh7A7

A list of most npc ids (Everything before v1.2) can be found here: https://pastebin.com/PT0twJsq

Q: Why do they squeak when injured?
    A: The death's-head hawkmoth squeaks. Yes, the moth with a skull on it's back just so happens to sound like a squeaky toy.

Q: How do I get Saturnian tenants?
    A: Place Saturnian furniture before placing a colony deed. Some basic Saturnian furniture is crafted at a workbench like other furniture is.

Q: Does this work in multiplayer?
    A: I don't know. Sorry!

Q: Is there Frackin Races support?
    A: Yes. Both Saturnian species gain a different set of stats and weapon bonuses. Weapon bonuses also work with Saturnian versions of scythes, rapiers, and maces just like they would for Frackin Universe's own.

Q: Where can the villages spawn?
    A: The Sky Town (id: saturnskygarden) most often appears on snow worlds. It can appear above Forest, Desert, Jungle, Snow, Tundra, Alien, or Savannah Planets. They are always attached to the ground with a giant chain surrounded by a two guard towers. They can be rare though, especially if you have other village/dungeon adding mods.

The Wasp Mimic village (id: saturnMimic) most often appears on jungle worlds. It can appear on Forest, Jungle, Alien, or Savannah Planets.

Q: How do I remove the protection from the sky villages?
    A: At the top of the center tower, there's a generator. Attack it until it explodes! (Just don't get caught in the blast!)

Q: What IDs do this mod use?
    A: As of 1.3 It now uses the material IDs 54700-54740 (previously was 54720) and the liquid ID 36 . All ID names are prefixed with "Sat" or "Saturn", if your mod uses the same prefix for names, there is a risk of conflicts.

Q: I want to make an addon or mod this mod. What are the rules?

A: As long as you do not break my mod, you do not need my permission to make any addons for this mod, or to add support for this mod.

If you tell me when it's done, I can link to it in my mod's description!

You can reuse or modify my mod's assets for your mod, or make alternate versions of this mod as long as you don't break anything. (You are required to change your IDs to something unique!)

You can't mirror this mod (re-release unchanged) anywhere. Only download mods from Starbound's official mod sites! (Steam Workshop + Chucklefish Forums)

This mod took a long time to develop, so there's almost certainly bugs. If you have any suggestions or bug reports, please let me know. If it's fluffy and walks on two legs, its a feature!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Iconb.png
    2. Iconb.png
    3. loom.PNG
    4. IconLogoForum.png

Recent Reviews

1. faennia
    faennia
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.9
    Pretty nice mod!
  2. tfgugfu
    tfgugfu
    5/5,
    Version: v1.3.8.1
    Hostile Saturnian bandits can be added
  3. bob23008
    bob23008
    5/5,
    very good
  4. Castelle
    Castelle
    5/5,
    It's not just a wonderful mod with lots of content but one filled with a lot of love which can be seen from all those little details in it, and it just keep growing with each update. If I were to complain about something, it would be there is no more of this mod to enjoy, which is not exactly a complain. my best regards to the author.
  5. Ashtar084
    Ashtar084
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1 Mage Batons
    very nice race ty :)
  6. kitsunespirit
    kitsunespirit
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2 Wasp Moths and Hats
    Needs more Lovecraftian horror!
  7. blazxred
    blazxred
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2 Wasp Moths and Hats
    Great mod. i have so many races that i want to play as but i told myself i gotta stick with this one. also waiting for someone to reskin thaumoth lol
  8. Fruner
    Fruner
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.2
    Very cool!
  9. Yanazake
    Yanazake
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.2
    I have a very annoying insect phobia, specially for the flying ones. Still, this mod is adorable and filled to the brim with content! I even find the race kinda cute, and now knowing that there are options to alter it slightly, it's even better!
  10. guerey
    guerey
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    good