1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated The MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 Theme Mod ver. 1.0 Spirited Giraffe

The not-too-distant Future is here! New MST3K Themed CUSTOM SHIP, RACES, ARMORS, CREW AND MORE!!!

1. HitchhikerBros
    ==================================================

The MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 Theme Mod ver. 1.0
    **Latest known version** Spirited Giraffe
    {{{{ by Kid Skeletor of The Hitchhiker Bros }}}}

(((( Original "Satellite of Love" Ship by Okash ))))
    "In the not-too-distant Future... Somewhere in Time and Space..."

*** TO FULLY ENJOY THIS MOD YOU MAY WISH TO ALSO DOWNLOAD THE "SIMPLE EXTENDED CHARACTER CREATION MOD" CREATED BY Xander Kau ***
    *** This Will allow you to also play as the Tom Servo or Crow T. Robot Race Mods! It's a completely new inarticulate limbs sort of action packed adventure! ***

THANK YOU for downloading this Mystery Science Theater 3000 Themed Mod pack!

This Mod is based off the Original Satellite of Love Ship Mod, created by Okash back in December of 2013. Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) was a staple of my Saturday mornings when I was growing up, and back in late 2013 when I joined the Starbound community it was Okash's MST3K Mod and his Red Dwarf Starbug 1 that inspired me to start learning how to make these things in the first place. Unfortunately Okash is no longer active on these Forums for Starbound.

[​IMG]

I wanted to revive the MST3K Ship mod, as well as add in a few ideas I had myself.
    The Following Mod is based off of the Original "Ship from Mystery Science Theatre 3000" Mod by early modder Okash.

All the real credit goes to him. Thanks bud.

[​IMG]
    "IN THE NOT-TOO-DISTANT FUTURE... SOMEWHERE IN TIME AND SPACE... DR. FORRESTER AND TV'S FRANK DESTROYED THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE!!!

Dr. Clayton Forrester FINALLY did it! That Maniac! He BLEW it up! Damn yoooou! Damn you all to New Jersey! Right, anyway... The Doc and TV's Frank have teamed up with his horrible mother, Pearl Forrester and her cronies, Brain Guy and Prof. Bobo. They have one final mission:

KILL JOEL ROBINSON/MIKE NELSON and most importantly, his ROBOT PALS!!!!

But at the very moment the Earth was destroyed the "Satellite of Love" was sucked down a wormhole and popped up on the other side of the Galaxy! With only their Ship and their wits to guide them they must manage to traverse the Universe!

Not to mention avoid being hunted by The Evil Forresters and their horrible henchmen!!!

Prepare yourself for a world filled with brain numbing, mind altering boredom! Prepare yourself, mere mortal, for

-----------------[​IMG]------------------
    MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!!!"

[​IMG]

By installing this mod you will have access to:

1. The SATELLITE OF LOVE Shipmod ver 1.0 -
    {{ THIS SHIP ONLY WORKS WITH HUMANS, and the BOT RACES! }}

Now you can cruise the Galaxy in the brand new, 8 Tiered "Satellite of Love" Starbound Ship! The original Art by Okash was used as the Base for the Mod, but I have edited a few elements and added some new details. Now there are 6 doors between the Flight Deck and the Movie Room. The Ship Lockers, Tech Station, and other parts have all been shifted around. Also, the new Ship Tier system adds a new layer to the game! For the first 3 or 4 tiers of this ship, not all of the doors are functioning. This is meant to limit your living space in the same way that a smaller ship would have. In this way, with each new tier of your ship unlocked, you will be able to utilize more and more of your space! Not to mention you will also unlock more Storage lockers and a Research Center in the higher tiers.
    ((This is an early beta of the ship. It is my first attempt at a Tiered ship, so be gentle, constructive criticism only please!))

2. The MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 Planet Logo Crafting Menu ver 1.0 -

[​IMG]
    - craftingtable/decoration -
    This is a very expensive lamp, so be careful with it, ok? This thing will allow you to open a special MST3K Crafting Menu. It is from this Menu that you will be able to craft all of your amazing MST3K Themed Mods!

- This Planet Logo is a freebie item you can craft anywhere you are directly from your "C" Crafting Menu. Simply place it on any wall and get Crafting! It even glows so you can see what the hell it is you're doing!
    What do you think, Sirs?

3. FOUR BRAND NEW CREW SPAWNERS! -
    [​IMG]
    You will be granted access to FOUR new Crew Spawners, one for Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson, Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot! Now you can have a full crew of the original Bots and Test Subjects! The Crewmates each say more than 50 unique sayings! You can spawn them on the ship AND take them down planet side to fight your enemies with you! Joel and Mike each brought their favorite Gizmonic Institute Mug weapons, and Tom and Crow are both Armed with a Pocket Interociter, so they can blast your enemies with Metalunan Mind Beams!
    (ALSO included is a Liquid Lava item, this allows you to use the Lava to dispose of a Crewmate that perhaps turned out badly. It happens. Some female stances can poke through the costumes.)
    !!! Be aware that the Gender and Skin Color of the spawned Humans will be randomized along with the stances !!!
    {{COMING SOON!!!}}
    Spawners for the Mads and the Henchmen still a WIP

4. TWO NEW JUMPSUIT ARMOUR SETS! -
    [​IMG]

Now you will have access to Joel's Red Gizmonic Institute Janitor Jumpsuit, and Mike's Blue Temp Jumpsuit Armor Sets. You will also get a Joel and Mike Wig that will protect you and make you look like a dork! Each piece of armor will grant 420 points to HEALTH, ENRGYREGEN, and PROTECTION!
    (Also included are the MST3K Invisible Armors which are meant for the Bots to wear over their other armors as a cover-up costume, but can also be used for protection)

5. TWO NEW RACES: TOM SERVO and CROW T. ROBOT! -
    [​IMG]

By installing a Custom Race Editor Mod, such as Simple Extended Character Creation, you will be able to choose to start the game as either Crow or Tom Servo! Male or Female doesn't matter, since they are Bots, and by clicking the Random Name button you will always get the correct name for each Bot! Crow's stance can be changed, but other than that the Bots have entirely inarticulate limbs.
    But not to worry! The Bots can manipulate their local magnetic fields and lift most objects without any problem!

((These are my very first ever Race Mods, and I only made them so that I could make talking Crewmates. If the mod isn't up to snuff, sorry bout that. It's just a lot of fun to run around as a Bot!!!))

6. CAMBOT RECORD PLAYER! -

[​IMG]
    - decorative Music and Skit Player -
    You will have the ability to craft your very own stationary floating Cambot! His job is to monitor everything that happens on the ship. Buuuut, now that the experiments are over, Cambot is great for playing back some of our very best moments! By interacting with Cambot (press "E" Key) after you place him in your ship or home, he will play back one of his thousands of Hours of recordings. He can also play several versions of the MST3K Theme song! Yowza! That's awesome!

7. TWO NEW MST3K THEMED WEAPONS! -
    [​IMG]
    Now you will have access to Joel Robinson's Favorite Gizmonic Institute Coffee Mug, and Tom Servo's very rare Pocket Interociter! The Mug is a thrown weapon, and it will slow down your enemies, and the Pocket Interocitor is a product of the Metalunan Culture, and it gives the holder the ability to use the rare and powerful Metalunan Mind Beam!

Joel's Coffee Mug:
    DPS: 53 Swing Speed: 1.28 Damage Per Swing: 42

Tom's Pocket Interocitor:
    DPS: 485 Rate of Fire: 5.00 Damage Per Shot: 97 Energy Per Shot: 43

8. PURCHASE BLANK TECH CARDS -
    Now you can purchase your very own Blank Tech Cards, in order to unlock all of your favorite Tech devices! But it comes at a price! Each Card costs 4200 pixels. This way you can get yourself fully upgraded and explore properly!

[​IMG]

THIS MOD IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS, THERE IS MORE TO COME, AND LOTS OF THINGS NEED TO GET PLAY TESTED! LET US KNOW HOW EVERYTHING WORKS FOR YOU!

{{UPCOMING PLANNED UPDATES}}
    # Pearl, Dr. F, Bobo, Brainguy, Frank Spawners and Armours!
    # Pearl's Van Ship, it will be small, and shitty, and maybe it gets bigger, not really sure, need peoples input.
    # Gypsy and Cambot Followers either Pets or items or something. But I want a Cambot follower! Soon...

{{{ FEEL FREE TO SEND ANY SUGGESTIONS OR CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM OUR WAY, WE ARE WILLING TO MAKE THINGS WORK OUT< JUST DON'T BE A DICK! }}}}

**** USER GUIDE and INSTRUCTIONS ****

- - - HOW TO INSTALL - - -

Simply Unzip this file directly into your "mods" folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods

(You could also Unzip the file elsewhere and then copy+paste the files into your Mods folder.)

- - - HOW TO UNINSTALL - - -

Delete mod folder from Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods

- - - HOW TO USE - - -
    Use the "C" Crafting Menu to create your MST3K Planet Logo Item and interact with that item by using the "E" Key.
    Select Screen Music Mod is automatically activated!

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (C) Best Brains, Inc.
    Created by Joel Hodgson, Mike J. Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy

THIS MOD PACK WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE IF NOT FOR THE INVALUABLE MOD COMMUNITY ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS,
    AS WELL AS THESE MOD DEVELOPERS:
    - Terrible Tom
    - Okash
    - Xander Kau

Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. DiggleDugger
    DiggleDugger
    5/5,
    Version: Spirited Giraffe
    Not using the mod just yet, but it looks beautiful. Reason why, it's not that I don't like the Satellite of Love but I like my Novakid train better. Will have to try to disable just that aspect of the mod.
    1. HitchhikerBros
      Author's Response
      The ship only works for Humans and the Bots anyway, I should have mentioned that! So your lovely Nova Kid Train will be intact!
  2. numbereightyfour
    numbereightyfour
    5/5,
    Version: Spirited Giraffe
    An amazing modpack for a great series! Thanks! ♥
    1. HitchhikerBros
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much! Spread the word, and keep circulating the tapes!