A simple mod that removes the interaction with physics effects from certain materials such as Gravel, Loose Silt or Junk. This allows you to build with these materials without them crumbling down as soon as they interact with a solid object. It comes in two versions that I'll explain below (only use one).
- Adds 13 copies of materials, which are variants of existing ones.
- Does not replace the default materials, they are separate.
- Crafted from the Static Blocks Chest (available at the Inventor's Table).
- Their icons have a symbol to differentiate them from the others in your inventory.
If you don't want to add any new items, this version simply modifies the already existing blocks to remove their ability to interact with physics effects. This will cause odd behavior with blocks that are deposited by weather effects, such as the Loose Silt. Since it's no longer affected by gravity, it might stick to sides of buildings or stack on top of each other in a strange fashion.
Other useful information:
- Copy the desired .pak file to your \Starbound\mods\ folder.
- Choose one, don't use both.
Please report any bugs you may find with it.
- The materials added/modified are "ash", "bonematerial", "bookpiles", "eyepiles", "gravel", "jellyblock", "junk", "sand", "slime", "slush", "stonerubble", "treasurehoard" and "waste".
- For the Standalone version, if you want to spawn them using admin commands, just add an x at the end of the name like "ashx" or "sandx".
- (FOR OTHER MODDERS): the material IDs I used are in the 18700-18712 range.
View attachment 188396 View attachment 188397 View attachment 188398
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Static Blocks 1.0
Blocks that are not affected by physics.