1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starsanto v0.02

Genetically modifying your world!

1. Quirky
    [​IMG]

:: Starsanto ::
    :: Version 0.02 - Mini Update ::

Version 0.02 Has been released. For now its only a minor update with more to follow this weekend. Please find the changes below.

CHANGE LOG

Starsanto V0.02 - Mini Update

* Slightly updated the picture for the Plant Cell.
    * Removed the ability to craft seeds without a crafting station.
    * Added recipe G.E.N.I.E Station. Some say if you rub the glass you'll get three wishes..
    # The G.E.N.I.E Station can currently be obtained for 1 Pixel using the Robotic Crafting Table. This is only testing.​
    * Crossbred seeds are now craftable at the G.E.N.I.E Station.
    * Modified the player.config so that it no longer overwrites the entire config file.
    Starsanto V0.01 - Pre-Release

* Added recipe DNE Station.
    # The DNE Station can currently be obtained for 1 Pixel using the Robotic Crafting Table. This is only for testing.​
    * All known seeds can now be turned into Plant Cells using the DNE Station.
    * Added recipe Corrot
    # Requires 1x Carrot, 1x Corn and 1x Plant Cell
    CURRENT FEATURES

These features are subject to change depending on future developments. Currently the base features are using quick mockups and may not be used in the end mod.

PLANNED FEATURES

Please note some features may not be included depending on how much can be modded at this point in the game.

And More! There is quite a list and variety of what I'd like to achieve however it will depend on what can be done with the current state of the game. Hopefully as more is released new doors will open.

Images

1. starsanto.png
    Nikolay Debroh likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Starsanto V0.02 - Mini Update

Recent Reviews

1. Cocatox
    Cocatox
    5/5,
    Version: v0.02
    needed in vanilla!!
  2. argetlam
    argetlam
    5/5,
    Version: v0.02
    If 30+ plants, well then 30! recipes xD
    and if we assume more ready-made meals...
    infinity!!! xD
  3. Etherdreamer
    Etherdreamer
    5/5,
    Version: v0.01
    CanĀ“t wait for a more complete release.

Monitoring this thread.
  4. Techgeniu
    Techgeniu
    5/5,
    Brilliant mod! I really hope you give it more sugar updates.. farming in Starbound is sadly not very modern, but, oh.. you've got much potential in your mod..
    1. Quirky
      Author's Response
      That's the plan! Now the New years rung in and the holiday season is basically over its back to work with no upcoming distractions. I'll be releasing another update either tonight or tomorrow once I'm back from work. I'll be adding a new crafting station to actually create the new seeds as well as highlighting the combination process.

Lets say for example Plant A gives you +10% health upon consumption and Plant B gives you +10% speed. Combine Plant A + Plant B = Plant C and it inherits both buffs with the end result being +5% health and +5% speed for x seconds.

Ideally I'd like there to be multiple tiers of combinations which all have their own interesting benefits and some side effects ;)
  5. Fritos
    Fritos
    5/5,
    While this mod is a great idea and fits well with the games atmosphere, the U.S. company "Monsanto" is the biggest threat to global agriculture. Makes me so angry they wont allow the labeling of poisoned GM food in America. Evil, evil company... Oh well, Nice work on the mod though.
    1. Quirky
      Author's Response
      Sadly I agree with you, which is one of the main reasons I decided to bring this idea to life - It's a hot topic. But don't worry - I heard Dr. Starsanto loves labels, especially if they have his face on ;)
  6. Slug
    Slug
    5/5,
    This is one of the coolest ideas i've ever seen on this forum. The concept of genetically cross-breeding plants (and animals too? Woah.) is a great addition to space life. I really cannot wait to watch this mod develop.
    1. Quirky
      Author's Response
      It all depends on how much can be done in the game with its current state. I've got a few interesting ideas I'd like to implement, especially looking into Livestock and a sustainable source of meat. Feedback is always appreciated - I'll be releasing updates on a regular basis however the next content push will probably be on new years day. (Have a happy new year all).