1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Starboy Handheld Games 1.6.1

A handheld arcade game you can play anywhere!

1. chocobodundee
    20180126191821_1.jpg
    :ATTENTION: All Starboy crafting has been moved to it's own crafting table: Starboy Crafting Station. This table can be crafted from any Inventor's Table

New!
    Ruination Game and Arcade! Protect your planet from alien invaders!

Ever miss playing all the cool games from Earth before it was destroyed? Well worry not! A stash of the classic handheld and arcade games were discovered and reverse engineered!

This mod adds new items:
    -Starboy Meteoroids, a portable arcade game on the Starboy game system. Use it to boot up Meteoroids, a space shooter where you try to destroy as many meteors as you can before they inevitably smash you to pieces!

Controls: W and S to move forward/back. A and D to turn left and right. Space to shoot. Arrow keys can be used to move too now!

-Starboy Protectorate Defense, a Starboy game where you must defend Protectorate Cities from ruination using surface to air missile silos. Be wary though you have limit ammo so make sure every shot counts!

Controls: WASD to move the targeting reticle and Numpad1/Numpad2/Numpad3 to launch missiles from their respective silos. Alternately you can use arrowkeys and 1/2/3 keys.

-Starboy AstroPet, a virtual pet you can take anywhere! Feed and care for it, and watch as it grows up before your eyes. There are 9 potential forms your pet can change in to. Pets have different needs and preferences, get to know your pet to keep it happy.

Controls: Mouse only, click the buttons or the pet to interact.

-Starboy Aether Wings, Pilot a star fighter against swarms of enemy ships and dangerous obstacles in yout mission to defend the galaxy!

Controls: WASD to move, space to shoot!

-Starboy Ronin Rumble, Test your wit and skill against Hylotl Samurai by typing out the words as they appear on screen. Don't make too many mistakes or they will surely catch up with you.

Controls: Type out the word at the top of the screen.

-Starboy Ruination, Destroy endless waves of alien invaders while trying to avoid their bombardments. Upgrade your weapons and defenses to withstand the escalating onslaught of enemy crafts.

Controls: A/D Move left or right around the planet. W/S Switch Weapons. Space Bar to shoot. Arrow keys can be used in place of WASD.

You can craft them from the Wiring Station under the Mechanics tab or spawn one in admin mode with /spawnitem starboymeteoroidsgame, starboymeteoroidsarcade, starboyprotectoratedefensegame, starboyprotectoratedefensearcade, starboyastropet, starboyaetherwingsgame, starboyaetherwingsarcade, starboyroninrumblegame, starboyroninrumblearcade, starboyruinationgame, starboyruinationarcade

[Known Issue] Beaming to or from ship with the games ui open crashes starbound. This is an issue in vanilla as well, waiting to see if it is addressed.
    20170714214425_1.jpg
    20170803220342_1.jpg 20170708165338_1.jpg 20170903131013_1.jpg
    20170927201358_1.jpg
    20171002145627_1.jpg
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. 20170708165316_1.jpg
    2. 20170714215025_1.jpg
    3. 20170801204114_1.jpg
    artguk, RAVEPMW, lilapickle88 and 3 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Value Rebalance
  2. Ruination has come!
  3. Scores and Rewards!

Recent Reviews

1. Devin_Plombier
    Devin_Plombier
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6.1
    Finally a playable arcade !
    I was bummed the vanilla ones were only decoratives, but now the arcade in my ship's mess hall is useful at last !
    Thank you so much ^^
  2. Natnab
    Natnab
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6
    Great for any collector of Old Earth antiques
  3. kingrec
    kingrec
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    havent played it yet but it looks so good!
  4. universalist23
    universalist23
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.3
    LOL Its very good ;)
  5. WOOLOO
    WOOLOO
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.3
    really stupid good
  6. Yuri99
    Yuri99
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    why play a normal game... WHEN YOU CAN PLAY A GAME INSIDE OF ANOTHER GAME!!!

5/5. Very good
  7. Dragon_Tom005
    Dragon_Tom005
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Awesome! I can't believe i'm now playing a game in a game
  8. nefrem
    nefrem
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I can't edit my rating...
    But it's a 5 star mod now :)
  9. nefrem
    nefrem
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Very funny and good idea.

But very hard to play on a AZERTY keyboard !
    1. chocobodundee
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I'll throw in arrow key support too in the next update.