1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. Turkeydipking
    Turkeydipking
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2.2
    This was the reason I bought Starbound and am not disappointed. Aside from adding a lot of fresh and new content it just makes me happy using it - as a huge fan of Mass Effect, it's the little detail of playing as an Asari that adds to the Starbound experience. With the planned updates and the content already in place this is a no brainer 5/5! Keep up the great work :)
  2. Idhrun
    Idhrun
    5/5,
    So far, enjoying the mod. But the last update seems to decrease my fps ingame (menu screen is ok). Have to check if it's not the industrialization mod also. It's almost unplayable!
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Can you tell us your system specs OS, RAM, Video Card, etc?
      I run SMEE, ISE and some other together and have no noteworthy FPS drops. Only the first loading takes a while.

- Toh Klidan
  3. Yenlod
    Yenlod
    5/5,
    very much enjoying this ME mod, awaiting more additions and innovations for this infinitely enjoyable game. thx and keep up phenomenal work.
  4. Jojy
    Jojy
    5/5,
    This mod is great. As a ME fan, I can't wait for more to be added. I do have one issue, though it's probably me being an idiot and looking in the wrong places. I can't find any element zero. I've looked in pretty much every planet type and all of the sectors. Where is it supposed to spawn?
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Eezo has the same rarity as diamond ore, so on early sectors, you'll need to dig deep.
  5. nick the bagle
    nick the bagle
    5/5,
    Hey, I freaking love this. Advice for future updates, If you add a new race (Quarian, salarian,krogan, etc) can you make their ships different depending on their race? I know the normandy is cool but it be cool having race specific ships. Good job on this mod.
  6. Anonymuz
    Anonymuz
    5/5,
    I love this mod, it's amazing. i can't wait to see what the next updates are like :D
  7. Jacob5287
    Jacob5287
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2.1
    this mod is amazing but i cant get the alliance human species to work. When ever i try to play as one it freezes for about a minuet then it says "client server no longer available" and yes i am on single player.
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Can you send us the logfile?
      Either PM or in our discussion thread. Thanks!

When this message comes something terrible has happend ;)
      And in the logfile shows it.

-TohKlidan
  8. Paccoz
    Paccoz
    5/5,
    Excellent Mod, It really gives the Mass Effect Atmosphere when flying in the normandy.

Here are some ideas to further improve the Mass Effect feeling..

Upon traveling cross sector, how about making your ship fly trough a mass relay?

Just like we have the U.S.C.M prisons and Apex dungeons. How about Cerberus Facilties. Turian Colonies, Salarian labs, ruined Krogan towns (asuming they have the genophage in this universe) And biomes which are specifically Quarian Fleets.

And Last but not least, asuming it is even possible to do..
    Having a star system for the Citadel! Though that might be allitle bit too ambitious in my mind :)
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      I really love to have the citadel in game, too.
      But as you said there are some obstacles to overcome first ;)
      - TohKlidan
  9. Gaaius
    Gaaius
    5/5,
    Mass Effect for the win!!!
  10. Drakith90
    Drakith90
    5/5,
    Love it. Only gripe is the sad piano music playing a bit too often.. (I CAN ONLY CRY SO MUCH, OKAY?!)
  11. Charles-01s
    Charles-01s
    5/5,
    Awesome mod, adds so much into the game and makes it much more interesting and fun to play. The best mod i've yet found, and it's just getting better over all the updates made.
  12. misterwho
    misterwho
    5/5,
    This mod just keeps getting better and better with each update. My only "criticism" is that there isn't enough music variety (yet) and that some of the songs don't feel "exploratory" to me. But I do understand that this mod is still ongoing and there's a lot to add and improve upon. So great job everyone for all the work you've done and all of the work that you're about to do! I will definitely be following this mod as I love both ME and SB. 5 stars
  13. SilverRed
    SilverRed
    5/5,
    First released with so much content and is well thought out. Will be looking forward to other possible additions such as Krogan, Drell, and Salarian - Maybe Protheans? Maybe a way to summon the Collectors (like penguin distress beacon) and random Cerberus Bases?

5 stars for the great idea, great potential, and great implementation.
  14. dkao12
    dkao12
    5/5,
    This is a fantastic mod that was well put together. A lot of love went into this mod to make it Mass Effect. If you can somehow change the main menu screen to looking outside on the planets while inside the Normandy to bring more immersion with the song. OFC this is minor thing, keep up the good work. This is definiately a mod that I will regularly check.
  15. nrcrane
    nrcrane
    5/5,
    So far I'm very happy with this mod. Love the Mass Effect addition, so far to bugs or issues, and looking forward to whats next.
  16. DarthNihilus
    DarthNihilus
    5/5,
    dream
  17. iRocket
    iRocket
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2.0
    An awesome mod. As a huge Mass Effect junkie this mod made me buy Starbound, so congratz! It's nice to get to use the familiar weapons I've wielded in my Mass Effect games and have the Normandy SR-1 with me again (RIP) Hearing Vigil in the main menu sent chills down my back!

Here's some further development ideas:
    - Possibility to choose the songs I want to use? I have certain favourites I'd like to use instead of some certain choices.
    - Normandy SR-2 as a ship for certain characters? Otherwise identical (Even though in the games it is larger)
    - New races! Of course, I sense the quarians are coming etc. But I'd like to see krogan and drell in the mod.
    - Shotguns! I don't know if Starbound has shotguns, but I'd like to see the Scimitar and the M-300 Claymore in game!

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward seeing this mod in the full game!
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Shotguns are definitely coming! At some undetermined update in the future, we intend for all the weapons from ME3 to be in the game.

- Pfhoenix
  18. gerov
    gerov
    4/5,
    Great mod but still has a lot to no. Please add gets race and skills (in my opinion to give the choice between biotic skills and technical)

sorry for my English. wrote via Google

P.S.
    Skills available from the start / very easily obtained (the price of 1 pixel). It is not good (cheat).

Отличный мод но ещё многого нет. Добавте пожалуйста рассу гетов и умений (на мой взгляд нужно дать игроку выбор между битическими умениями и техническими и техническими)
  19. Gekker
    Gekker
    5/5,
    I love it so far! The music, the style and lots of content already.
    Can't wait for more :)

btw. how about you change the Buff Stones into Prothean Relics? I think that would have a nice little touch.
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      This idea tickles me :D. I want to make this right now. I wonder what the guys think about this.
      -G4M5T3R
  20. Sorrien
    Sorrien
    4/5,
    I love the concept of this mod. Please add the geth, they are my favorite race! I'm sure you, as a fellow mass effect fan, know that you at least need the following races in the end (excluding currently added races):krogan, quarian, geth, salarian. May I also suggest replacing bases similar to the marines bases with cerberus bases?
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      What could we do to earn that 5th star? We already have plans for adding custom dungeons and biomes, but it'll be a bit before they are implemented.

- Pfhoenix