1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. deathstroke3
    deathstroke3
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2.3
    Man. This mod is fantastic! The music, the graphics, the races. Love it. Its a unique twist that I absolutely adore, especially being such a heavy fan of Mass Effect. No complaints with the mod at all. But, I have a question. Do you plan to add custom NPCs like Garrus, Liara, Mordin, etc, that can be spawned in using a special NPC spawner? Just kinda curious. Amazing mod, and I would looooove to see it develop.
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      We are still discussing how to add know NPC from the ME universe. So stay tuned ;)
  2. Gaaius
    Gaaius
    5/5,
    Mass effect!
  3. Inny
    Inny
    5/5,
    I was really surprised when I discovered the Normandy SR-1 for the first time. The level of detail is surprising and shows that a lot of work has been done. And it's only the ship. Just wait until you the the rest of this mod.
  4. Sadron
    Sadron
    5/5,
    A great mod with tons of future potential. I look forward to further additions to our game world with this mod.
  5. Turkeydipking
    Turkeydipking
    5/5,
    Fantastic mod. Mass Effect is my most beloved game franchise, and this mod got me to buy Starbound. Have been playing it a lot since and it's polished, updated and adds a lot of charm to the game! 10/10
  6. Jarick Storm
    Jarick Storm
    5/5,
    Really solid mod, Biotic powers work very well! I'm just waiting for that Quarian race just like everybody else I guess. Apparently I'm not the only Tali fan in the Universe xp Anyway, Awesome Job.
  7. sypher3289
    sypher3289
    5/5,
    Love, love, love it! I'm a huge ME fan and I've loved SB since the first day I played it. This mod is like putting peanut butter in chocolate! :p It runs great, haven't had any issues so far. Fairly compatible with other mods (no issues with other mods I'm running). And it turns the awesomeness of SB up to 11! Keep up the great work guys!
  8. Brutaka316
    Brutaka316
    5/5,
    This mod is great! I love all the things it adds, especially because it doesn't replace Starbound with Mass Effect, it melds them together. The only problem I have with it is the tiered armors. I think that instead of having to craft level I and then II and so on for every single armor set, all level II armor should be unlocked when the player can craft the second set of racial armor, as they have the same stats. That way, if I want to switch from Berserker I to N7 II, I don't have to find all the resources to craft N7 I just to have access to N7 II.

Some smaller things that could be added: Replacing the flashlight with an omni tool light, omni bows, and making it so the Normandy's locker has an omni tool and blade when you first load it. (For non-Citadel races.)
  9. Ryouhi
    Ryouhi
    5/5,
    Fantastic Mod with incredible detail.
    Just wish i could play as quarian :P
  10. S1ERRA227
    S1ERRA227
    5/5,
    i give five star even if it dosent work tho im not verry good with mods but i copied the smee files in md and still i cant chose any new races any help please ?
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Have you also installed one of the custom race mods?
  11. Detruncate
    Detruncate
    5/5,
    Absolutely enthralled with the mod. The only thing I feel that it is missing, that would define it as the quintessential ME mod, would be long elevator rides with peripheral dialogue. I am deeply impressed with all the armor and weapons you have put into this so far and eagerly look forward to updates. My one gripe is that the lower dps weapons have terrific balance in terms of energy demands but the resources to create them are difficult to find at the level you would need them. That's just my feeling after running around in Delta with the Avenger.

@haziel831 and to anyone who wants SMEEmusic v0.2.2 to work without redownloading, simply open the SMEEmusic.modinfo file in notepad and change "Beta v. Furious Koala" to "Beta v. Enraged Koala".

Thanks again Team SMEE!
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the advice about the SMEEmusic pack. I already have re-uploaded a fixed version.

- TohKlidan
  12. haziel831
    haziel831
    5/5,
    SMEEmusic need update, the rest is working fine with the update ^^
  13. Katutubo
    Katutubo
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2.2
    Great mod! Best one I have come across so far. Everything is so perfect. Only one question off the top of my head; how do you get Refined Eezo? Again, great mod!
  14. RainBatRi
    RainBatRi
    5/5,
    I said I'd review once I got the hubby's reaction, so here it is. The weapons and armor are very cool, the sounds are just AWESOME, and you were very, very faithful to the Mass Effect game. He's been very impressed with the level of detail on the weapons and armor especially. We have two requests, one from him and one from me: he would like to have the Normandy SR2 and I want to be able to play as Quarians. He prefers the SR2 as it's bigger, he likes the layout better, he misses ED-I, and you actually spend more of the game in the SR2 than the SR1. Perhaps it could be added as an optional replacement to the SR1 for those who want a bit more space?
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Thanks for your review.

I already sketched the SR2. But till now there is no way to upgrade your ship. The SR2 was always planed as an upgrade for the SR1, so we will release it at the earliest, if ship upgrades are available in Starbound.

- Toh Klidan
  15. blogRotten
    blogRotten
    5/5,
    A wonderful hybrid of the Mass Effect and Starbound universes. This is a mod where there is careful attention to detail in its creation and not haphazzardly cobbled together. I look forward to further iterations.
  16. MindsEye
    MindsEye
    5/5,
    Awesome Job.Love the music and weapons
  17. Xeried
    Xeried
    5/5,
    Awesome mod!
  18. redmakoeyes
    redmakoeyes
    5/5,
    great mod
  19. MadEwokHerd
    MadEwokHerd
    5/5,
    Just curious...is there any way to change the ship structure for other modded species so they can have the normandy as well? amazing mod by the way!
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      Check the FAQ in the Overview page.

- Pfhoenix
  20. Cyberai
    Cyberai
    5/5,
    Hey, for some reason nothing is working! I can't see the races, even though I've downloaded one of the dependencies, I don't know whether you spawn in the Normandy or not, but if you do it's simply spawning me in whatever the race's spaceship would be. Please help!
    1. Team SMEE
      Author's Response
      It sounds like you either placed the mod directory in the wrong place, or you have conflicting mods. Try running just the SMEE mod and see if things work then.

- Pfhoenix