1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod V3.1 ~ Hotfixes ii

A species mod based off of Nintendo's Splatoon.

1. 1/19/2021: Fixes & Dyework!

Marinebeast
    - Some specific items weren't teaching recipes on pickup!
    Things I suggest throwing around: Golden Toothpick, Rebel Idol's Shades, Chill Idol's Hairpiece, Shogun's Helmet, Elite Octoling's Mask, Aviator's Goggles.
    - Also, pick up some Strange Ooze while you're at it, you'll learn something when you pick that up now.

- The Kamabo Co. Tentacurls should now properly teach all three wig variants rather than just two.

- Added dye variants to the Bamboo Hat, Grape Tee, Zekko Hoodie, Reel Sweat,...
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
  2. Wait, where'd V2.1.1 go?

Marinebeast
    Good question, because I don't actually know.

====================

- The outpost vendors have been revamped!
    Based on my own personal 8 and a dear friend's 3, these two are a little more unique than their predecessors. Both have new custom dialogue and revamped wares, while 3 in particular has some unique style going on too. They're both pretty friendly, although 3's a bit more shy than 8.
    -- You can buy the Sunbathed Scars and Sunbathed Cape, both of which are modeled on our new inkling...
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
  3. V2.1 Update!

Marinebeast
    Hey, it's been awhile! Between the current health crisis, other hobbies, and just Life Happening, this update's taken some time. But I've been working on some fun new stuff for the mod, following up on 2.0's theme of what hides beneath the surface...

- Added the Strange Ooze liquid. Recipe is obtained from the CQ-80, like other Octo Expansion-related items; please re-use your CQ-80 to learn the recipe! It can be crafted at the Inkling Crafting Table and at any crafting station where you can...
    Saint Apollyon and Natural Aura like this.
  4. Summer Bugfixes

Marinebeast
    Caught some bugs with the current version.

- Bamboozler MK III fixed to actually go pewpewpew now.
    - Surf'n'Turf food item was causing explosions. It's been fixed.
    - FF Marina wig was throwing a tantrum in the log files. Should be addressed now.
    - Reset the Inkling starter mech back to the Hylotl starter one because apparently my custom one isn't working. :) Sigh.
    Saint Apollyon and RedCore22 like this.
  5. V2.0.2: Flash Fixes & Shooty Things

Marinebeast
    Compiled V2.0.1 + V2.0.2 update because I somehow missed things...

=====================

- Inklings now have some cute secondary color stripes on their arms. :)

- Added a handful of new body colors, mostly "what if ink tinted skin?" sorts of ones.

- Tweaked that one weird sleeve on one of the starter shirts, HOPEFULLY that'll stop clipping.

- Added a bit of content to hopefully bring the mod into full compatibility with Frackin Universe.
    -- It was listed as having incorrect/improper...
  6. V2.0 ARISES FROM THE DEPTHS!

Marinebeast
    because it only took me forever, didn't it?
    download is back on dropbox because that's way easier for me to manage than GitHub. :')

===============

The Big V2.0.0 Changelog!

===============

=== i. New Content ===

- Introducing Flooded planets! These planets, designed after the post-human Earth of Splatoon, are based off of the Oceanic biome but boast resources, residents and ruins not found on vanilla Oceanic planets. They can be found orbiting Temperate and Radioactive stars, so grab...
  7. V1.2.XY: Bug Squishing Mode Activate!

Marinebeast
    It's been awhile, huh? Sometimes I forget to check in on here.
    This is basically the super bugfix version of V1.2, now all spiffy'd up and with less issues than before. Huge thanks to JordanZeotni @ Steam for setting up the Github repository (which is the new download link!) and helping with a ton of these changes.

No new content in here, but there's a reason I'm uploading the current Github version and not my personal version of the mod. ;)

------> ------> ------>...​
  8. V1.2.XX ~ FR Compatibility Update.

Marinebeast
    Because it only took me this long, lots of nagging from a lot of people, and the realization that "oh! sayter made FR much easier for outside modders to work with", for me to finally do this.

- Base racial traits (energy buff, fall damage, movement+jump buffs, decreased breath, health regen in slime) all removed in anticipation of my edits being implemented in the Frackin Races mod.

- All of those things will be in there, along with other interesting features like increased/decreased...
  9. Curly braces are cursed.

Marinebeast
    Yup. That's it. That's the update.
    Shouldn't crash literally the whole game this time.
    Waffle-Chan and Saint Apollyon like this.
  10. V1.2.5X: Bugsmashing.

Marinebeast
    - Fixed a problem with exploding guard tenants.
    - Fixed a problem where inkling Weapon Merchants were going topless. (Not like it matters anyways, there's nothing there.)
    - Gave normal inkling village tenants the ability to wear even MORE clothes.