1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Spawnbound Dun-Goofed Hylotl

Spawners made Precise!

1. Malicante
    [​IMG]

This mod aims to make spawning NPC's for your villages much more precise, while still maintaining a "logical" approach to how these spawners are aquired (costs, access). On release, I will have at least fifty-four (54) spawners ready for you to populate villages with, from the common villager, to the rare and mysterious Wizard, weapon selling pirates, and happy-go-lucky musicians.

But of course, first you need to know the secrets of the art of spawning. Simply dropkick a Capture Station* into a furnace, and let it cook for a while. When the screen is nice and purple, pull it out and introduce yourself to the Digital Spawner Creation Station (Or DSCS for short.)! Just pull up a schematic and let yourself feel the magic!**

All the spawners require a minimum of two things: The first is a Blank Spawner, crafted from 20 steel bars and 500 pixels. The second is a Sandstone statue of the race you wish to spawn. Don't have a statue? We've got you covered! All the high quality statues you could ever need are in your grasp for a simple trade of 50 fine sand, and 50 sandstone! Once you have these items, check our handy-dandy notebook on all things Spawner-style, located on page 3 of your DSCS manual.*** For those who don't have the manual, here's a quick rundown of the items for each spawner type.

Breakdown:
    Villager: Just the base ingredients!
    [​IMG]

Guard: Inferior Brain (Credit: LowestFormOfWit)
    [​IMG]

Chef: Starter Food of the chosen race (not the Wheat, the other starter food)
    [​IMG]

Wizard: One Wizard Eyeba--Hat
    [​IMG]

Doctor: Medkit
    [​IMG]

Stims: 1 of each Stimpack (How many are you hording in that toolbelt of yours anyways?)
    [​IMG]

Tools: A silver pickaxe (Cmon, you should have hundreds of these by now!)
    [​IMG]

Musical: A Broken Instrument (Through the FIRE and FLAMES can only be played on top of a FURNACE so many times...)
    [​IMG]

Pirate: A box of Blade Parts and Gun Parts (you should know how to get these by now.)
    [​IMG]

TO DO LIST:
    Pirate Vendors: Still working on it. it'll be some time here, mateys!
    Normal Weapon/Armor vendors: Still working on them too.
    Clothing Vendors: 10 fabric (Still have some time before these be ready too!)
    ...and whatever else I can think of/what's suggested

To install, just unzip the spawnbound.zip into your /mods folder, and get cooking. Literally.

DO NOT TRY TO USE MORE THAN 12 SPAWNERS AT THE SAME TIME!

You can have more than 12 npc's, just don't do like what I did in the first screenshot.

*Pending. I like the thought of drop-kicking a crafting station into a hot furnace and melting it into something else.
    **If you randomly combust due to pulling the DSCS out of a thousand degree furnace, THIS IS NOT THE MAGIC WE MEANT!

***We may have forgotten to send out the manuals..
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Dun-Goofed Hylotl
  2. Test-monkey Hylotl
  3. Update Jury-rigged Hylotl

Recent Reviews

1. Lokisan
    Lokisan
    5/5,
    Version: Dun-Goofed Hylotl
    Nice Work!
  2. Lusfella
    Lusfella
    5/5,
    The only issue I have is that (glitch) doctors and chefs despawn when you go into multi.
    But guards and citizen stay which is fantastic and more than I could ask for. This is what I've been looking for.
    1. Malicante
      Author's Response
      If the server doesn't have the mod on it, it would only keep the spawners I based the guard/villagers off of. the others I wrote up from scratch.
  3. telles0808
    telles0808
    5/5,
    Amazing!!! I'll download asap, because I want my tower filled with Glitches!
  4. Ceex
    Ceex
    5/5,
    Version: Quick-fixing Hylotl
    Pla update your mod :)
  5. WereMagi
    WereMagi
    5/5,
    Argh. Finally. I hated having to try and kill guards that weren't Floran and ended up having my own Village Guards needing to be decimated all the time, no matter how careful I try to be.
    1. Malicante
      Author's Response
      This is the same with me, except it was my doctor and I was trying for Hylotl.
  6. Klairixia
    Klairixia
    5/5,
    Thank you, after losing my Chef Two times, i've had it, came looking for a mod that did just what yours did, only i found it does more than what i was expecting, THX
    1. Malicante
      Author's Response
      This comment is exactly what happened on my ship before I made the village that triggered this mod. Thank you, for the kind review.
  7. MechanicalKnight
    MechanicalKnight
    5/5,
    Mod will be pretty useful. Thanks for putting this up! :)
    1. Malicante
      Author's Response
      Glad my mod is useful to you, and I hope it wil continue to do so.